Kliff Kingsbury says Cardinals not sure at #1 pick with 48 hours to go

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
One would think that Sk if he does decide to trade Rosen would insist on a RD 1 to at least save some face after making the trade up last season.Trading Rosen for less shows no guts and jellyfish backbone IMO.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. Tomorrow, teams are gonna get really nervous.. especially after they select Murray. That's what I am assuming the Cards are thinking. No deals regardless until after they pick.. it could cause a massive overvaluing for Josh and drive up his value than if we sold him beforehand. Jmo

Except picking Murray then lowers the cost of Rosen. Keim either blinks or he goes into the off-season with a divided mess in the locker room.

I want Q and as such means I want Rosen by default but Rosen is not worth a 1st round pick this year. Bad situation or not he did nothing to prove he deserved to be drafted where he was last year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Except picking Murray then lowers the cost of Rosen. Keim either blinks or he goes into the off-season with a divided mess in the locker room.

I want Q and as such means I want Rosen by default but Rosen is not worth a 1st round pick this year. Bad situation or not he did nothing to prove he deserved to be drafted where he was last year.

Depends on if teams see the potential to improve and continue to develop in a situation with a real nfl caliber roster IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cardinals must be expecting for some dominoes to fall or they would have announced this already.

I wouldn't be surprised with a trade down (still get Murray) and Rosen trade.

Interested to see how the Cardinals pull this one out.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He's incompetent regardless of what he does with Rosen.

I used to defend him but he is losing ground to me.He has done some good moves but then he turns around and does a absolute head scratcher.You have to have more hits than misses and his miss list is growing faster than his hit list IMO.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Cardinals must be expecting for some dominoes to fall or they would have announced this already.

I wouldn't be surprised with a trade down (still get Murray) and Rosen trade.

Interested to see how the Cardinals pull this one out.

So many variables right now.Redskins Snyder is taking over the Skins rd 1 pick and supposedly they are not looking at Rosen..so who knows what Snyder is willing to give to move up into top 5-6 territory from#15.
Some pundits projecting NYG trade up.Don`t know why ..with #6 and #17 they should be able to find a QB.Who knows right now? Gruden and Oakland are the wildcard .

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Kingsbury wants Murray, take him. It's really that simple.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kingsbury wants Murray, take him. It's really that simple.

I understand this sentiment but are we really going to let the new head coach, a guy with a 35-40 record in 6 college seasons, dictate the draft? Get input from him but how about he actually earns the right to dictate draft picks?

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
I understand this sentiment but are we really going to let the new head coach, a guy with a 35-40 record in 6 college seasons, dictate the draft? Get input from him but how about he actually earns the right to dictate draft picks?
Yeah they will at least when it comes to a qb in my opinion. They hired him knowing what his record was.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah, we should. He's a former college coach. Why stick him with a QB he doesn't want?

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because we hired him based on his perspectives on the "QB he doesn't want."

Murray was playing baseball up until after we hired Kliff.

If he has since determined Rosen ain't it, move on. IMO, it's no coincidence Murray chose football.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We don't know what was said when he was hired. The plan all along might have been Rosen AND Murray, unless someone blows us away with an offer to trade up/for.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's not how I see it.. Murray will have nothing to do with it imo. Especially when it comes to teams like the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins possibly.. all in that sweet spot that QBs on the board could dry up quickly. I liken it to what happened to us with Mahomes and Watson.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But why get the guy then, If he won't have significant input?... No one is saying he gets to pull the trigger. But you make the point yourself . He is a new coach with no NFL coaching experience, wouldn't you want to give him all the tools HE THINKS he needs to succeed? If that is Murray.. it seems contradictory to the hire in the first place. Jmo

P.s.. yes, I know he has stated he can work with Rosen and that's why he was hired.. yada yada yada. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't know what was said when he was hired. The plan all along might have been Rosen AND Murray, unless someone blows us away with an offer to trade up/for.

I wouldn't trade Rosen for chicken feed for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose