Cam Newton-Kyler Murray-The negative comments are eerily similar

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am looking back at the 2011 draft guide (Pro Football Weekly) and reading the absurd negative comments thrown at Cam Newton. They include being described as entitled, disingenuous, “fake” smile, can’t be trusted to lead a locker room, does not “process” well enough, me first, enormous ego, believes he is above the law, seeks shortcuts, immature, issues with authority, difficult to manage.

On this board I have read the following about Murray: entitled, entitled little prick, no work ethic, not intelligent, athlete only, no drive to be great, arrogant, not a team guy, can’t work in a complex offense, read option simple offense only, system quarterback.

I live near St Louis and hear the exact same comments about Dexter Fowler the only African American regular on the St Louis Cardinals. It is sickening.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am looking back at the 2011 draft guide (Pro Football Weekly) and reading the absurd negative comments thrown at Cam Newton. They include being described as entitled, disingenuous, “fake” smile, can’t be trusted to lead a locker room, does not “process” well enough, me first, enormous ego, believes he is above the law, seeks shortcuts, immature, issues with authority, difficult to manage.

On this board I have read the following about Murray: entitled, entitled little prick, no work ethic, not intelligent, athlete only, no drive to be great, arrogant, not a team guy, can’t work in a complex offense, read option simple offense only, system quarterback.

I live near St Louis and hear the exact same comments about Dexter Fowler the only African American regular on the St Louis Cardinals. It is sickening.
I loved Cam and wanted Cards to get him all day...Murray? Not so much...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The comments about the hot tub in the dorm room for josh Rosen would be considered a negative comment? Amirite?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Also a Cards Fan, Dexter Fowler is a great guy and has been a very underwhelming acquisition in first two seasons...it is promising to see his performance the past couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)

I see Murray as Manziel #2--without the drug problem-- in the NFL.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I knew it Someone had to drag out the race card.So having legitimate questions about Murray is racial based?
So questioning his only having 1 year starting experience, short and smaller bull,playing against poor defenses,being a mostly one read QB,durability questions etc is racial based?Questioning his commitment to football because he just flip flopped from being all in on baseball is racial based?So people that think Haskins will be a better pro than Murray ....what is that based on.....maybe translating that to the NFL.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol. Why bring race into the conversation for no reason whatsoever? Way to go. Pathetic.

OP
OP
Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I knew it Someone had to drag out the race card.So having legitimate questions about Murray is racial based?
So questioning his only having 1 year starting experience, short and smaller bull,playing against poor defenses,being a mostly one read QB,durability questions etc is racial based?Questioning his commitment to football because he just flip flopped from being all in on baseball is racial based?So people that think Haskins will be a better pro than Murray ....what is that based on.....maybe translating that to the NFL.

Not playing the race card!! Just stating what has actually been said. I live in rural central Illinois. Not exactly the bastion for cultural diversity.

I love the Cardinals. Been a fan since the days of O J Anderson 1979. I know you love the Cardinals as well.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not playing the race card!! Just stating what has actually been said. I live in rural central Illinois. Not exactly the bastion for cultural diversity.

I love the Cardinals. Been a fan since the days of O J Anderson 1979. I know you love the Cardinals as well.

That's the point. You could have made the comments you made in your first two paragraphs without having to bring race into the question. Those comments are based on character and personality traits. Looking back, those pre-draft negative comments were spot on about Cam. I wouldn't have drafted Cam then or now even in hindsight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the point. You could have made the comments you made in your first two paragraphs without having to bring race into the question. Those comments are based on character and personality traits. Looking back, those pre-draft negative comments were spot on about Cam. I wouldn't have drafted Cam then or now even in hindsight.

It’s brought up because it’s real. You have to be f’ing kidding me Cam is loved in his community and does a ton of things for charity.

What a joke

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the negative comments shared here and in the media about Murray more resemble Johnny Manziel than Cam.

But you know...that doesn't fit your narrative, sorry you couldn't make the more accurate comparison.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The criticism of Newton ended up being warranted especially the fake smile thing. Look at 2015. A remarkable season with him dancing and dabbing all over the place then he gets slapped in the Super Bowl and couldn't take the criticism and walked out of his presser in a huff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Ozuna?
Wong?
Molina?
Hicks?
Martinez (injured)?
Reyes (injured)?

I don't see the connection.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cam is super talented but what I don't like...he rubs it in when he wins and pouts when he loses. I get being competitive but would prefer him being a professional.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Ugh. I am sorry you feel that way. I feel like the criticisms of Murray have been focused on football, not racist evaluations.

Of all the sample comments you listed, not a single one was pertaining to race. Really insensitive and unfair to others to throw the racist card out -- both to victims of real racism and the accused ASFN posters.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a political person at all. It was a very poor choice of words on my part. If I offended anyone, I apologize.

What up with the black dog? huh? You have problems with white dogs?

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson