Kyler Murray No-Shows at Draft Charity Event

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it will be about even. Tbh
I disagree.

To me it is simple, most of the Rosen camp see him as the best move for the organization. I am not in "love" with Rosen, although I am impressed and optimistic based on how he has handled this situation.

The Murray camp is in love with what he could be despite his well-chronicled "short-comings" (sorry, couldn't resist). There is no guarantee that CK2's offense will work -or- defenses will not make the adjustments (like they did in the early 90's with the run and shoot)...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in AZ negotiating the contract right now. Cards are the only team that can negotiate at this point...and it is about the wording since the money is slotted
Actually, he is in nashville.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ah yes he did. I just remember him sitting there looking miserable.

Spoiler we were the team that promised to draft him and didn't
Well.... Who would've guessed that Antrel Rolle would fall to 8.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think the vast majority of us who would prefer Rosen and address other more glaring needs elsewhere will have very little problem moving on if the front office goes with Murray...especially if they are smart about it and trade down...with that said, I think the majority of the Murray is a football god camp are going to have a very difficult time adjusting if we stick with JR...I think a good number of you will follow Murray...just my .02.
I'll be pretty pissed off, not gonna lie. I won't be ditching the team, but there's going to be a part of me that isn't going to want to watch Cardinals football but will do so angrily.

I won't root against him, but I'll start to root for drafting Hollywood Brown if that's what we do.

If we draft him, I hope he proves me completely wrong.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be pretty pissed off, not gonna lie. I won't be ditching the team, but there's going to be a part of me that isn't going to want to watch Cardinals football but will do so angrily.

I won't root against him, but I'll start to root for drafting Hollywood Brown if that's what we do.

If we draft him, I hope he proves me completely wrong.

At the end of the day were all fans… I won’t be happy about it at all. However I’m certainly not going to root for him to fail not in anyway shape or form.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It's funny anyone thinking anyone would dump the team if the draft doesn't go their way.

After suffering with this team since 1988 no way would I stop watching because they dumped Rosen and drafted Murray. I wanted Moss or Woodson when we drafted Wadsworth, I wanted Suggs when we traded down, I wanted Peterson when we drafted Brown....still stuck with the team then and now would be no different. I just will think it is a dumb decision until proven wrong.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree.

To me it is simple, most of the Rosen camp see him as the best move for the organization. I am not in "love" with Rosen, although I am impressed and optimistic based on how he has handled this situation.

The Murray camp is in love with what he could be despite his well-chronicled "short-comings" (sorry, couldn't resist). There is no guarantee that CK2's offense will work -or- defenses will not make the adjustments (like they did in the early 90's with the run and shoot)...
That's cool. We can agree to disagree.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am still put off by him not showing up for a charity event. If there was ever one guy in the draft who could serve as a inspiration to someone with a disadvantage, it's Murray with his height and the possibility of being a high draft pick. I do not care about the people behind the event who might have a PR agenda, because I can see past this in this world and look at the other end which is involved which are the disadvantage. Is Murray that selfish, if so that is a huge red flag for a franchise QB. Is Murray smart enough to know with the head and heart what him showing up means, if not that is red flag. Does his father who still carries a chip because he feels we was slighted and not given his fair opportunity in sports (even if he has justification to believe this) dictate this because he does not trust anyone, and if so and Murray wanted to be there but gave in shows Kyler is unable to be his own man which is red flag for a franchise QB. Did he not show because he has a social interaction phobia, which is a red flag for a franchise QB. Rosen had character concerns but he would show up. Patrick Peterson seems to have some diva issues but he shows up for charity. No matter what happens to Murray's pro career, today at this event he could have made a difference in someone's life which isn't just about him

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
At the end of the day were all fans… I won’t be happy about it at all. However I’m certainly not going to root for him to fail not in anyway shape or form.
Honestly, I don't know. I might legitimately root against him.

I'm hoping I change my mind if we pull the trigger on him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know. I might legitimately root against him.

I'm hoping I change my mind if we pull the trigger on him.

At least you are honest about it.

The anti-Rosen crowd already want him to fail and be replaced by Hundley if we don't draft Murray.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Entitled little prick
Whoa there. That's a little far.

It's not so much him specifically, but a series of Cardinals moves that are making me really question what's going on behind the scenes. Watching Patrick Peterson skip minicamp, Tyrann Mathieu trash the franchise alongside some others... I'm getting real disillusioned with the incumbent group. I'm also not happy that MB is throwing his cap in the ring when it comes to personnel decisions.

I'm really anticipating this to be one of the worst teams in the league again, and that's tough.

I had an eyebrow raised for KK and now it's turning into a quiet desperation.

Edit: I guess my point is, if we draft Kyler, and he struggles, like I anticipate, it will add more fuel to the fire that Keim needs to go. Which is something I'm beginning to want unless we nail this draft, and repair our relationship with players.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Whoa there. That's a little far.

It's not so much him specifically, but a series of Cardinals moves that are making me really question what's going on behind the scenes. Watching Patrick Peterson skip minicamp, Tyrann Mathieu trash the franchise alongside some others... I'm getting real disillusioned with the incumbent group. I'm also not happy that MB is throwing his cap in the ring when it comes to personnel decisions.

I'm really anticipating this to be one of the worst teams in the league again, and that's tough.

I had an eyebrow raised for KK and now it's turning into a quiet desperation.

Edit: I guess my point is, if we draft Kyler, and he struggles, like I anticipate, it will add more fuel to the fire that Keim needs to go. Which is something I'm beginning to want unless we nail this draft, and repair our relationship with players.
I think it’s Keim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson