Me thinks you Rosen Lovers are worrying about nothing

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I recently feel like they have no intention to trade Rosen, no matter what. And why not, keeping Rosen and Murray is as cheap as any two qbs can be. Let them decide on the field who deserves to start. If the loser is unhappy about it, then and only then trade him.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not if Miami or thw Giants offer a trade ....i think if the Cards take Murray. then the trades will be offered

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
We need to rehash this concept at least once per 15 minutes until the draft. Hopefully the Blues will stay in the playoffs past the draft to distract me from the Murray spamfest this place has become.

15 min countdown to the next SissyBoy murray thread...

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need to rehash this concept at least once per 15 minutes until the draft. Hopefully the Blues will stay in the playoffs past the draft to distract me from the Murray spamfest this place has become.

I know, the Blues just can't seem to get over the hump & it gets frustrating.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
LOL, who is worried?

Didn't think it was going happen then, do not think it will happen now.

Me thinks a lot of people give sports media too much credit.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I'm like that with the Blue Jackets. Wish they were already playing in round 2.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's almost like the Cards have the first pick in the draft and are heavily rumored to be taking Kyler or something. Crazy that it's being discussed on here. Smh. Oh, and no one cares about the Blues. :violin:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You mean the team? No, more worried than that.
No, like when you saw Rosen, Josh, play as bad as Ryan Lindley last year. You know, when he put up historically bad performances together, one after another. That had to worry you, right?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No, like when you saw Rosen, Josh, play as bad as Ryan Lindley last year. You know, when he put up historically bad performances together, one after another. That had to worry you, right?

Please, show me how he was historically bad. Did he have the lowest completion % ever? Lowest yards per attempt ever? Lowest TD passes per game ever? Fewest wins ever? Lowest QBR? Lowest passer rating? Highest INT %? Show me one thing that he did that was historically bad....meaning something NOBODY has ever done...a standard for the worst QB play in NFL history.

Lindley set an NFL record for passes without a TD pass, that was historic.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Please, show me how he was historically bad. Did he have the lowest completion % ever? Lowest yards per attempt ever? Lowest TD passes per game ever? Fewest wins ever? Lowest QBR? Lowest passer rating? Highest INT %? Show me one thing that he did that was historically bad....meaning something NOBODY has ever done...a standard for the worst QB play in NFL history.

Agreed. The environment was historically bad. The coaching, OL, WR's, etc.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I will let you guess which game this is from.....

"That first half was an absolute nightmare for Rosen. He was 8-of-17 for 60 yards with the two interceptions returned for scores. His passer rating was 16.4.

Not 106.4. Or even 60.4. Sixteen. Point. Four.

It would be great to be able to say that Rosen circled the wagons at intermission, came out in the second half and rallied. But the second 30 minutes of the game were only slightly less disastrous than the first. He turned the ball over three more times in the game. On Arizona's lone touchdown drive of the game, Rosen threw two more would-be picks that were dropped.

It was a horrendous outing from beginning to end. As a matter of fact, horrendous doesn't do it justice."

You can guess the game. That is the guy you are hitching your hopes and dreams to.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I will let you guess which game this is from.....

"That first half was an absolute nightmare for Rosen. He was 8-of-17 for 60 yards with the two interceptions returned for scores. His passer rating was 16.4.

Not 106.4. Or even 60.4. Sixteen. Point. Four.

It would be great to be able to say that Rosen circled the wagons at intermission, came out in the second half and rallied. But the second 30 minutes of the game were only slightly less disastrous than the first. He turned the ball over three more times in the game. On Arizona's lone touchdown drive of the game, Rosen threw two more would-be picks that were dropped.

It was a horrendous outing from beginning to end. As a matter of fact, horrendous doesn't do it justice."

You can guess the game. That is the guy you are hitching your hopes and dreams to.

Is that the worst in history? because that is what "historic" means. Or are you just throwing the wrongwords to emphasize your take?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is that the worst in history? because that is what "historic" means. Or are you just throwing the wrongwords to emphasize your take?
Lmao. Someone doesn't like facts. Historic does not mean "worst ever" but who cares about what words mean when you have it all figured out Don't worry. They will keep Josh and Brett Hundley will be starting sooner than later. Just remember you asked for it.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen's numbers were even up with Darnold's and Allens on a large scale. He wasn't even close to bad given what he was told to work with.
Here kid. You're a rookie. Here's a: rookie head coach. Here's an: OC who was so bad he actually got fired by another team in the middle of the season just last year. Here's a: RB coming off season ending injury last year. Here's a: defense that won't hold a lead in a close game for you. Here's a: tight end room who's best player is yellow flag magnet Jermaine Gresham. Here's a: wide receiver room made up of Larry Fitzgerald, a rookie who got injured, and four UDFA's. Here's an: offensive line that quite literally had all five members on IR so you started a rookie at center all year and had guys off the couch come in and start for you three days later several times through the year at the other positions.

Oh damn, he only won three games for us. He has to go after 13 games of one season, he must suck.

Kyler would have done no better, and probably would be in the A's outfield right now if he had to endure that.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I recently feel like they have no intention to trade Rosen, no matter what. And why not, keeping Rosen and Murray is as cheap as any two qbs can be. Let them decide on the field who deserves to start. If the loser is unhappy about it, then and only then trade him.
Don't sleep on Hundley. Josh will be 3rd on the depth chart. That is why it would make sense to deal him. The longer it plays out it would become harder to fool other teams.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Lmao. Someone doesn't like facts. Historic does not mean "worst ever" but who cares about what words mean when you have it all figured out Don't worry. They will keep Josh and Brett Hundley will be starting sooner than later. Just remember you asked for it.

Historic means setting history, he did nothing close to that bad.

He had bad performances for sure but nothing that is any way shape or form historically bad. You like hyperbole, I get it.

This is bad 2-17 23 yards 1 INT or this one 5-18 24 2 INTs, those are just games I remember off the top of my head and neither one involved Rosen. If we are just looking at Cardinal QBs this one is bad 10-31 72 yds 1 INT or 4-16 36 yds 1 INT...you can't even call Rosens performance the worst in Cardinal history let alone NFL history.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What I saw was a rookie QB thrown in to a situation that a seasoned vet couldn't handle (Bradford) and was being led by a coaching staff that was as clueless as I have seen and that is saying something. Did he rise above it and put up big numbers? Hell no. He suffered like the rest of the team did and his stats and the offensive stats were poor. Have I given up on him? Nope.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Rosen in our 3 wins last year:

Niners: 10/25 (40%) - 170yds - 1 TD - 0 INT <-- 75yd Kirk Bomb. Less than 100 for 3 more quarters.
Niners: 23/40 (58%) - 252yds - 2 TD - 1 INT
Pack : 11/26 (42%) - 149yds - 0 TD - 0 INT

I want more. Even if the offense sucks, and the line has protection issues...... I want more.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Rosen in our 3 wins last year:

Niners: 10/25 (40%) - 170yds - 1 TD - 0 INT <-- 75yd Kirk Bomb. Less than 100 for 3 more quarters.
Niners: 23/40 (58%) - 252yds - 2 TD - 1 INT
Pack : 11/26 (42%) - 149yds - 0 TD - 0 INT

I want more. Even if the offense sucks, and the line has protection issues...... I want more.

I think everyone wants more and everyone has the right to expect more. He will either grow or he won't but to give up on him already is ridiculously premature.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What? Let's eliminate the big plays and then judge the offense. Huh?

Okay: Josh Rosen (our rookie backup quarterback to start the season) takes the snap from Mason Cole (our rookie backup center), and fades right behind the blocking prowess of couch callups Oday Aboushi and Jeremy Vujnovich next to Cole, and suprisingly a defensive lineman gets through. Rosen runs farther right, past rookie backup tackle Korey Cunningham, to fire deep to UDFA rookie starters Trent Scherfield and Jalen Tolliver, while Jermaine Gresham punches the referee.

Incomplete. Somehow the timing was off.

Mike McCoy throws his clipboard down in disgust and calls for a run up the gut instead. Pull David Johnson out and shout at him. Put Chase in instead.

Stupid Rosen.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose