Why I have lighten up on Murray

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What's that old saying again..ya know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

...or break things. Someone forward this thread to Aaron Rodgers and his broken collarbones.

and there is a reason the NFL doesn`t have a bunch of small QBs.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Irrelevant. He was solid and would know what it took at this level , is the point. Imo

What Flutie knows is irrelevant about how Murray and his game will translate to the NFL.Why don`t you ask Eddie LeBaron about being a short QB in the NFL?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What Flutie knows is irrelevant about how Murray and his game will translate to the NFL.Why don`t you ask Eddie LeBaron about being a short QB in the NFL?
Eddie what? You'll have to forgive me.. I'm not that old. :D

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hearing Warner say that QBs dont see over the line, they see around the line shows how ridiculous some of the short QB claims are.

Warner is 6'1.5" according to what he said on the radio.
Exactly. Bad qbs get passes batted down. Not good ones. Has nothing to do with height. Don't get me wrong.. I had to listen to a good amount of podcasts to truly appreciate this.lol

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Eddie what? You'll have to forgive me.. I'm not that old. :D

5`7 QB for the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys for their first 2 season.Decorated former soldier.Tough little guy.played early 1950`s until 1962.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing Warner say that QBs dont see over the line, they see around the line shows how ridiculous some of the short QB claims are.

Warner is 6'1.5" according to what he said on the radio.

Of course they don't see over guys that are 6'3" to 6'6" That is the entire point of a "Passing Lane" and why "QB Rollouts" occur and also why this is the list of 6'6"+ QBs ever in the NFL:

Dan McGwire
Brock Osweiler
Marc Wilson
Derek Anderson
Nick Foles
Jamarcus Russel
Josh Freeman
Joe Flacco
Ryan Mallett
Tony Pike

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they have long arms and are tall. How can this not be all that matters for success?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Of course they don't see over guys that are 6'3" to 6'6" That is the entire point of a "Passing Lane" and why "QB Rollouts" occur and also why this is the list of 6'6"+ QBs ever in the NFL:

Dan McGwire
Brock Osweiler
Marc Wilson
Derek Anderson
Nick Foles
Jamarcus Russel
Josh Freeman
Joe Flacco
Ryan Mallett
Tony Pike

whats funny is that several of the guys on that list had a bit of success in the NFL.Some bombed completely.

Now wheres the list of successful 5`10 Qbs?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BW52, if Murray comes in and is as good as I hope he'll be, it will probably put to bed the short QB's can't play theory.

P.S. I'm kind of surprised that as a fervent Rosen supporter, you are not speculating over which teams will be fighting to trade for him if the Cardinals draft Murray.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW52, if Murray comes in and is as good as I hope he'll be, it will probably put to bed the short QB's can't play theory.

P.S. I'm kind of surprised that as a fervent Rosen supporter, you are not speculating over which teams will be fighting to trade for him if the Cardinals draft Murray.

Garth-You are hoping for a mighty BIG IF in Murrays case.As I stated before I prefer giving Rosen a real chance with better supporting cast (not UDFA OLINEMEN or Street WRs or a HC who would be overmatched in PEEWEE football).Keep Rosen and take Bosa or Q,Williams who are rated as the 2 top defensive talents.Thats my view.Judging and discarding Rosen after a year is premature and stupid IMO.If Murray is the pick I will hate it and be damned mad but I will root for the team although I would hate the pick..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Actually, the ACL is kind of freaky because it can go "pop" without any contact lol
Sure, but Wentz's didn't. It came on a play, like Kyler Murray could easily be running, where he scored a TD, and was tackled by two defenders at the goal line. Kyler is going to be rolling out to run way more than Wentz.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'm a huge Rosen fan, but I'm not blind enough to see that his tape didn't show a lot. There's a lot of reasons for teams to talk themselves out of Rosen compared to some of the other choices. Not to mention that teams don't need to fight for him once we draft Murray, they'll all be able to sit back, either take their QB they like in the draft, or wait for us to panic because keeping both would be moronic.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a huge Rosen fan, but I'm not blind enough to see that his tape didn't show a lot. There's a lot of reasons for teams to talk themselves out of Rosen compared to some of the other choices. Not to mention that teams don't need to fight for him once we draft Murray, they'll all be able to sit back, either take their QB they like in the draft, or wait for us to panic because keeping both would be moronic.

At this point who knows what to expect?Rosen did have some good moments last season and with a new coach I think you can just about throw last season out the window.Is KK so blindly in love with Murray that he is willing to bet his coaching career on him?Thats the big question...are SK and KK willing to chance everything on Murray or will they choose to keep Rosen and see if KK can mold Rosen into what KK wants as a QB at the same time as drafting a top defensive talent in Rd 1.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose