Why I have lighten up on Murray

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Because I watch Mahomes and you know what, the spread has affected the NFL and he's not relying on many tight window throws even as a pro. A guy like Murray could really screw an aggressive defense like the Rams, and the defense can only endure that the NFL does not allow you free reign to hit a scrambling QB anymore... and the chances are that the NFL will further p#s!@#! the league to benefit scoring

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bingo

Rosen will take the Cards some day to the playoffs

Murray will take the Cards deep in the playoffs

If I’m betting on a guy to get the Cards a Super Bowl trophy...it’s Murray 100 out of 100 times.

Any d coordinator can plan for Rosen...pin your ears back and get him.
They can’t plan for Murray...pin your ears back and he’ll be past ya in a second and you just let the defense in a bind.
Murray is Wilson with more speed

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The running ability of Murray will require the defense to have a spy on him, thus providing one less man in coverage. Pick your poison.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The running ability of Murray will require the defense to have a spy on him, thus providing one less man in coverage. Pick your poison.
Except for when his slight frame takes one big hit and he sprains an ankle.

Then you have a 5'10 QB trying to throw through the middle of guys.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sean McVay. Doug Flutie. Just a couple guys who say it's a complete non issue. Idk.
Sean McVay and Doug Flutie were not great NFL QBs. Besides the point anyways. Murray is going to get hit, and get hit often behind this offensive line. When one injury hampers his speed, he is at a major disadvantage to a taller/bigger guy.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Sean McVay and Doug Flutie were not great NFL QBs. Besides the point anyways. Murray is going to get hit, and get hit often behind this offensive line. When one injury hampers his speed, he is at a major disadvantage to a taller/bigger guy.

Crushed.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Except for when his slight frame takes one big hit and he sprains an ankle.

Then you have a 5'10 QB trying to throw through the middle of guys.

Unless your are at least 6'5, you are still throwing through windows because the height of the OL and DL is that significant from that perspective. Murray getting injured? There is a better chance that defenders are going to get flagged a hundred times for personal fouls since he is so short before they will get a chance to entertain those consequences. Look Solar, ten years ago I would not hire a guy like Kingsbury and sure in the hell would not draft a QB like Murray, but that was then and this is now. Do you know who should be scared right now, not the Cardinals fans, but Jimmy G and Goff (who I think Rosen is a smarter and better passer under what he is doing) because guys like Mahomes, Wilson, Wentz and yes Murray will make them a liability to what the new rules will actually allow a OC to accomplish because the best traditional QB of all time Tom Brady is not going to play forever to obscure the reality of what is actually happening to the sport. The rules are not fair to the defense, and the college ranks are no longer providing players who are expected to play according to what once won in the pros but a quick fix for college success... take advantage of the new flag football league and draft Murray

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Are you trying to make fun of people of Asian descent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You made it a point. But that's fine.. the slight frame? Between Murray and Rosen, who has the better frame? I would put money on a guy like Murray withstanding hits better than Rosen throughout their careers. Murray looks like an athlete to me.. Rosen, not so much.

Then you state he stands zero chance behind this line.. hmmm, so an elusive and quick QB will do worse than a slower footed pure pocket passer behind a shoddy line? Come on man. You buying the stuff your selling? :)

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Unless your are at least 6'5, you are still throwing through windows because the height of the OL and DL is that significant from that perspective. Murray getting injured? There is a better chance that defenders are going to get flagged a hundred times for personal fouls since he is so short before they will get a chance to entertain those consequences. Look Solar, ten years ago I would not hire a guy like Kingsbury and sure in the hell would not draft a QB like Murray, but that was then and this is now. Do you know who should be scared right now, not the Cardinals fans, but Jimmy G and Goff (who I think Rosen is a smarter and better passer under what he is doing) because guys like Mahomes, Wilson, Wentz and yes Murray will make them a liability to what the new rules will actually allow a OC to accomplish because the best traditional QB of all time Tom Brady is not going to play forever to obscure the reality of what is actually happening to the sport. The rules are not fair to the defense, and the college ranks are no longer providing players who are expected to play according to what once won in the pros but a quick fix for college success... take advantage of the new flag football league and draft Murray

Windows are one thing. You simply cannot just dismiss the success of QBs in the prototypical mold throughout the years. I have no idea why you think Murray isn't going to get walloped just like Josh Rosen was last year. He might escape one or two, but not every single one.

And pardon me, but Mahomes has all of the prototypical traits as opposed to being a running QB. Wentz's gift of mobility has ensured he's played in exactly zero playoff games. Wilson I'll give you, but he also had the gift of his elite defense.

Goff led his team to the Super Bowl. I'd much rather have him than Wentz right now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You made it a point. But that's fine.. the slight frame? Between Murray and Rosen, who has the better frame? Murray looks like an athlete to me.. Rosen, not so much.

Then you state he stands zero chance behind this line.. hmmm, so an elusive and quick QB will do worse than a slower footed pure pocket passer behind a shoddy line? Come on man. You buying the stuff your selling? :)
No, Rosen isn't big, but he's still strong, tall enough, and gets rid of the ball, with enough athleticism to move a little. But he doesn't have to move as a major predicated part of his game. He took an ankle injury last year that would have shut down Murray's elusiveness for the season.

And yeah, I do think he'll do worse. Because he'll be so worried about trying to extend plays and run away from pressure that he's going to get hit even harder.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Windows are one thing. You simply cannot just dismiss the success of QBs in the prototypical mold throughout the years. I have no idea why you think Murray isn't going to get walloped just like Josh Rosen was last year. He might escape one or two, but not every single one.

And pardon me, but Mahomes has all of the prototypical traits as opposed to being a running QB. Wentz's gift of mobility has ensured he's played in exactly zero playoff games. Wilson I'll give you, but he also had the gift of his elite defense.

Goff led his team to the Super Bowl. I'd much rather have him than Wentz right now.

I would rather have Rosen or Murray over Goff... Rosen seems to have called more plays on his own that had success which says a lot compared to Goff waiting for McVay on the headset when the Patriots changed their entire approach to thwart his limited comprehension of coverage

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
You made it a point. But that's fine.. the slight frame? Between Murray and Rosen, who has the better frame? I would put money on a guy like Murray withstanding hits better than Rosen throughout their careers. Murray looks like an athlete to me.. Rosen, not so much.

Rosen may not be all that mobile but he is Far Far and away from being a statue in fact he was the 3rd leading rusher last year for the Cards now while 300 plus yards doesn't seem like much I would actually like to see the other Qb rushing charts in the league most likely they won't be all that different from Rosens. The NFL Qb leader in Rushing yards Cam Newton with 488 total yards per MSN sports Rosen 374 so it would be a radical mistake to think that Murray is going to Run for a lot of yards with his slight frame you might as well get ambulance ready at the gaits of he actually has to run a lot remember Cam is what 6'3" or so and around 250 lbs give or take a few inches and pounds Murray 5' 10 Maybe and 207 again maybe

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I didn't realize Mahomes hasn't lost a game, yet...and KC won the Superbowl last year, because no defense could scheme to slow him down enough to win...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Madness bro. Madness. All over the map. Running qb. Comp to Wentz. I'm lost.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know I've been waiting for Wilson to get hit enough to slow him down since 2012. Still waiting. It'll come someday, but until then he's a threat.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, Rosen isn't big, but he's still strong, tall enough, and gets rid of the ball, with enough athleticism to move a little. But he doesn't have to move as a major predicated part of his game. He took an ankle injury last year that would have shut down Murray's elusiveness for the season.

And yeah, I do think he'll do worse. Because he'll be so worried about trying to extend plays and run away from pressure that he's going to get hit even harder.
Jump. To. Conclusions. It's a fun game. :D

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen may not be all that mobile but he us Far Far and from being a statue in fact he was the 3rd leading rusher last year for the Cards now while 300 plus yards doesn't seem like much I would actually like to see the other Qb rushing charts in the league most likely they won't be all that different from Rosens
He ran a 5 second 40. He got rushing yards because he was always under pressure and ran for his life. I give the guy credit, but I'm just saying those stats don't really tell you anything in context to his mobility. Imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wentz is big and still seems to get hurt. Plummer and Montana at their size took hits better than him
What's that old saying again..ya know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

...or break things. Someone forward this thread to Aaron Rodgers and his broken collarbones.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
He ran a 5 second 40. He got rushing yards because he was always under pressure and ran for his life. I give the guy credit, but I'm just saying those stats don't really tell you anything in context to his mobility. Imo
So true if the Oline had Been even below average he probably wouldn't had to run for his life a fact that even Murray lovers will have to admit

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave