Game of Thrones (HBO)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good golly miss molly this show is good. The comedic elements hit and I could feel the nervousness in my plums. Bittersweet that this is ending soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely felt like the end is upon us. I imagine this weeks episode is the last time we'll see a number of characters in their element.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the better episodes. Reaaky liked the comedy shots and good feels. :p

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i would expect Jagen H'ghar/valer morghulis and melisandre in the next episodes, probably after the battle of winterfall

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As awful as seasons 5 and 6 were is about as great as this season has been. Loving the setup so far, and loving the "we're all about to die, let's chill" vibe. And, as much as season 7 brought back some of the quality, this season is bringing back the season 1-4 quality. Very cool.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really wise to hide the women and children in the Crypts full of dead people with the night king approaching ?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
we watched these characters grow...some from children...was I the only one who felt a bit creepy seeing arya get laid?

this one very much had the feel of another setup episode...but my guess is the next few are going to be epic.

was cool to see Brienne get knighted

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Is it really wise to hide the women and children in the Crypts full of dead people with the night king approaching ?

No, but I'm looking forward to seeing headless zombie Ned Stark.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we watched these characters grow...some from children...was I the only one who felt a bit creepy seeing arya get laid?

this one very much had the feel of another setup episode...but my guess is the next few are going to be epic.

Yeah, but Arya IS 18 now, so legal :)

I loved Brienne getting knighted

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the expert writers on these first 2 episodes. Knowing, as we did, that most of the characters would be meeting up in Winterfell, they left no stone unturned in having all the characters we were aching to see together actually get together and talk about what happened before.

The Hound and Arya
Bran and Jaime
Brienne and Jaime
Brienne and Tormund
Delourous Ed and Jon/Sam
Sam and Jorah
Jorah and Lyanna Mormont
Arya and Jon
Jaime and Tyrion
Podrick!
Sansa and Theon (one of the best)

And I still love any scene that has Davos Seaworth in it. He elevates whatever he's doing.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, come on. They only mentioned that the crypts would be the safest place like 30 times. What is there to worry about?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was definitely feeling paternal when she started moving on Gendry and his ridiculous haircut.

The knighting scene was magnificent. Great acting, pacing, everything.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think Cersei is going to claim her prince-on-the-way is Urine "Trouble" Greyjoy's?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know he’s a eunuch now, but anyone else getting the vibe that Theon might end up with Sansa?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but Arya IS 18 now, so legal :)

I loved Brienne getting knighted

I believe you were joking about that and even if you weren't what you said is true. That scene still made me squirm more than any other sex scene in the show. She was so young in that first season that I can't see her as anything other than the little trouble maker from the first season.

She's come a long way from that...
You must be registered for see images attach

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
In the preview for next week, Dany says, "the dead are already here." Everyone assumes she is talking about the bodies in the crypts, but I propose she is talking about Jon Snow. He already died, and just as that death released him from the Knight's Watch, I think she'll make the claim that his prior death also forfeits him the Iron Throne.

Also, another theory I haven't heard. When Danny and Jon have their intimate moment by the waterfall last week, the dragons looked on like peeping-Toms. What if that was really Bran Stark warging into a dragon to keep tabs on them? It might explain the stupid look on the dragon's face.

Finally, Arya now knows Gendry is Robert's bastard. They don't drop that nugget without some endgame in sight. Could she still his face to take his "rightful" place on the Iron Throne?

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the expert writers on these first 2 episodes. Knowing, as we did, that most of the characters would be meeting up in Winterfell, they left no stone unturned in having all the characters we were aching to see together actually get together and talk about what happened before.

The Hound and Arya
Bran and Jaime
Brienne and Jaime
Brienne and Tormund
Delourous Ed and Jon/Sam
Sam and Jorah
Jorah and Lyanna Mormont
Arya and Jon
Jaime and Tyrion
Podrick!
Sansa and Theon (one of the best)

And I still love any scene that has Davos Seaworth in it. He elevates whatever he's doing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
So, who dies next week? I expect a lot of characters to bite the dust during the battle.

I think Theon, Brienne, Delorous Ed, Greyworm, Beric, and Tormund all die for starters.

I think Jaime somehow lives in order to face off against Cersei later.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So, who dies next week? I expect a lot of characters to bite the dust during the battle.

I think Theon, Brienne, Delorous Ed, Greyworm, Beric, and Tormund all die for starters.

I think Jaime somehow lives in order to face off against Cersei later.

I wonder if Tyrion was foreshadowing that one of the Lannister brothers will die and become a wight, ultimately fulfilling the prophecy of killing Cerci. A Stark or Lannister probably has to die to have any real weight to this battle. While we'd be sad if Brienne died, it doesn't carry the same umph as Jamie and/or Arya biting the dust early.

Also, my money is on Sam having the next "Hodor" moment on this show.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I wonder if Tyrion was foreshadowing that one of the Lannister brothers will die and become a wight, ultimately fulfilling the prophecy of killing Cerci. A Stark or Lannister probably has to die to have any real weight to this battle. While we'd be sad if Brienne died, it doesn't carry the same umph as Jamie and/or Arya biting the dust early.

Also, my money is on Sam having the next "Hodor" moment on this show.

I agree. I’m on the fence about Sam dying. He seems pretty lucky. I do think Sir Jorah also dies.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be easier to start with who has unfinished business and needs to live.

Jon and Dany for obvious reasons.

The Hound probably needs to face off with the Mountain or there might be a revolt.

Arya needs to hook back up with Jaqen one last time.

I feel like we need Sam, Gilly and little Sam to stick around so we can have some feels after it seems like they are doomed.

One of Tyrion or Jamie probably will go, but hard to say. I'm leaning on Jamie getting it because his arc is fairly complete with Cersei.