Bosa, help me out

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
My curiosity is did Bosa play long enough to get to that point

I don't know the snap counts I know he was part of a DLine rotation his first 2 years and started last season until his injury.He was good enough to be Big 10 lineman of the year as a Soph while playing in a rotation.He isn't the big flashy splash pick like Murray or the latest top dog like Q.Williams.......Bosa has been top rated for a year and has done nothing to drop .Like I said its depends what you want.IMO Bosa is a safe dependable ProBowl type player .Q.Williams the same.You might get more from either but I think both will end steady and solid and pro bowl level

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He redshirted in 2016 and played in all 14 games as an RS freshman the following fall - 2017 (had 20 tackles, 6.5 for loss, two sacks). He was dominant in his 2nd full year(2018). Bosa is good no doubt about that I just like Williams better for the Cards. But it certainly is debatable.
So we got a whole bunch of one year wonders.. end of debate. Lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see what he does well on his highlighted plays and then he has his brother's lineage but there are things which simply do not add up to me about him being the best player in this draft. He had good numbers when he played a full season in 2017 but even then those numbers where not great compared to a bunch of other guys in this highly touted draft class... why are people calling him the slamdunk prospect when I see a good player with the entitled 'given' of potential to be great

I totally agree. Other than his family's pedigree I see nothing special about him.

I would not be surprised at all if he was another Kyle vanden bosch.

I would be pissed if we take him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I totally agree. Other than his family's pedigree I see nothing special about him.

I would not be surprised at all if he was another Kyle vanden bosch.

I would be pissed if we take him.
How are you going to feel when Murray ends up being Doug Flutie ?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Well if the Cards took him, not good, but I will accept it.

You have to take chances to hit a home run.

Depends on if you think the risks are worth it.Much rather have Rosen and Bosa or Q.Williams instead of rolling the dice on Murray.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we got a whole bunch of one year wonders.. end of debate. Lol

Not a surprise, the college landscape has changed so much over the years. The top programs redshirt most freshman, few players start really only two years and then it's the draft.
Players don't play in bowl games if draft eligible. and so on,,, Rarely does a good player come back for his senior season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends on if you think the risks are worth it.Much rather have Rosen and Bosa or Q.Williams instead of rolling the dice on Murray.

First off I feel like the first pick should always be used on the best QB if there is one that is good enough to merit it. The value of the position just means that is how the pick should be used. Since Murray had one of the 2 or 3 best statistical college seasons ever I feel he is worth going number 1.

Second off I don't like what I saw out of Rosen last year. This is probably our biggest difference. You think he will be good - I do not.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
First off I feel like the first pick should always be used on the best QB if there is one that is good enough to merit it. The value of the position just means that is how the pick should be used. Since Murray had one of the 2 or 3 best statistical college seasons ever I feel he is worth going number 1.

Second off I don't like what I saw out of Rosen last year. This is probably our biggest difference. You think he will be good - I do not.

I think Rosen will be good but see a chance that Murray could be great. Like Clint Eastwood saying, "do you feel lucky punk" and this Cardinal franchise being punked for so many years might want to call the historic bluff and draft him

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Rosen will be good but see a chance that Murray could be great. Like Clint Eastwood saying, "do you feel lucky punk" and this Cardinal franchise being punked for so many years might want to call the historic bluff and draft him

When I say not good, I think he will be along the lines of a Andy Dalton or a Ryan Tannehill. I feel like his ceiling is Eli Manning or Joe Flacco.

I'm just not satisfied with having the 20 something best qb in the NFL, you won't win many playoff games like that unless you have a historically great defense.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Not a problem.We agree to disagree.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

That's were we disagree.I don`t see the chance of Murray being great.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen his thighs though?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. I think they might understand the boom or bust dynamic better than any of us. I just feel like the pain of seeing Murray go light it up if they pass would terrorize them forever...and would be too much. Especially if Rosen doesn't pan out very well. Which is what will force their hand to take a chance. Not saying it's the right way to go about making a #1 pick and all, but ... Just my feeling about it

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. I think they might understand the boom or bust dynamic better than any of us. I just feel like the pain of seeing Murray go light it up if they pass would terrorize them forever...and would be too much. Especially if Rosen doesn't pan out very well. Which is what will force their hand to take a chance. Not saying it's the right way to go about making a #1 pick and all, but ... Just my feeling about it

Being afraid of passing on a player and being afraid said player could light it up elsewhere would be a indictment of my teams coaching staff and their ability to bring out the best of said player.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being afraid of passing on a player and being afraid said player could light it up elsewhere would be a indictment of my teams coaching staff and their ability to bring out the best of said player.
Could be. My point was trying to illustrate what I think the front office might be thinking. Might.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's extremely skilled and has the best footwork than any pass rushing draft prospect since Von Miller many years ago.

He's going to be much better than his brother and that's scary considering how good his brother is.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I saw Q gassed and pulled when the opposition was in scoring territory.

That’s not surprising considering he added significant weight prior to this season. I would take Bosa #1 but if Q can maintain that bulk while improving his stamina he will be a force. I always have my doubts with heavy DT’s. It usually takes a while unless we’re talking about Donald or Suh who had different body types and more experience coming into the league.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s not surprising considering he added significant weight prior to this season. I would take Bosa #1 but if Q can maintain that bulk while improving his stamina he will be a force. I always have my doubts with heavy DT’s. It usually takes a while unless we’re talking about Donald or Suh who had different body types and more experience coming into the league.

His stamina would improve.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I am glad he is on the Niners after reading this. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/06/nick-bosa-donald-trump-san-francisco-49ers-nfl-draft

I have another reason to dislike him even more than because he is a Niner. Although I won't go so far as to stop watching football like many of my neighbors have over Kaepernick's right to express himself.
Did you also get outraged when Kyler made his apology 6 years later for his homophobic remarks?So Bosa makes PC apology some writer get bent out of shape.BFD.What the hell do you think Murray was doing? He apologized after he won the Heisman.If that's not a PC apology then WTF is it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson