2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
oh weird... I read that as Bill Simmons saying that.

Ben Simmons saying that is funny... if he didn't get completely shut down in Game 1. If you're gonna talk the talk, better walk the walk.

He didn't say it; I was making a joke. Or trying to.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I wish we had Dudley (again) when we were good.

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Brooklyn threw away 2 key possessions, the first was DLo having it go off his finger tips, the second when Allen was surrounded and couldn't get out of that jam. Tough loss, but the Nets played well. The trio of Dlo, Dinwiddie and Lavert in the back was fun to watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid is such a freaking beast when healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we had Dudley (again) when we were good.

Dudley looks in shape which I can't say he always was as a Sun.

He is likely looking to prolong his career which is a good thing.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Nets vs Sixers series wouldn't be half as good as it's been if Dudley weren't involved. I know his contributions have been off the court for the most part but making a 1st round matchup in the East entertaining isn't that easy. The Bucks vs Pistons series shouldn't even be happening, just give the Bucks the win. The Celtics are playing up to their skill level and Indiana is playing down to theirs, and the Raptors vs Magic series has been dull since that first surprise game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen I like Embiid but he should probably win something...anything before taking shots at the Warriors.
Embiid has to be one of the most unlikable characters in the NBA today.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just end the pistons and bucks series. So boring.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dudley looks in shape which I can't say he always was as a Sun.

He is likely looking to prolong his career which is a good thing.

I don't think he looks any different. Statistically, he isn't playing any better either. The difference is, Dudley is a sub par athlete with a high IQ, a selfless player who doesn't care about his own numbers, put a guy like him on a terrible team where no one knows where to go, how to rotate, how to spread the court... and he just looks like another stiff, and a fat one at that because of his pudginess.

I think the Suns made the mistake of thinking he was a leader, a guy who was going to elevate other players. That isn't him, he's a great complimentary player and a guy who can get under the opposition's skin. It's reeeeeeally hard to get under the other team's skin when you're losing by 20.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden started off tonight 0-15 in the Rockets game tonight, they won anyway.

I really dislike this Rockets team, they rely entirely on 3 pointers falling and the refs giving them weak fouls... I know the NBA has changed a lot, but I don't see that being worthy of a title, especially when a series gets tight and Mike D starts playing his starters 45 minutes, causing their hamstrings to explode.

If this was the NBA of 10-15 years ago I think the Bucks would cruise to the title, they're the best all around team, but I worry their suffocating defense will get nullified by refs who call fouls for prolonged eye contact.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he looks any different. Statistically, he isn't playing any better either. The difference is, Dudley is a sub par athlete with a high IQ, a selfless player who doesn't care about his own numbers, put a guy like him on a terrible team where no one knows where to go, how to rotate, how to spread the court... and he just looks like another stiff, and a fat one at that because of his pudginess.

I think the Suns made the mistake of thinking he was a leader, a guy who was going to elevate other players. That isn't him, he's a great complimentary player and a guy who can get under the opposition's skin. It's reeeeeeally hard to get under the other team's skin when you're losing by 20.

At times I didn't think Dudley was in shape when he played for the Suns. He always lived on his basketball IQ and a team player as you note. He appeared to be somewhat pudgy... so I had this image of Dudley in my mind when I watched the video. To my surprise he appeared to be in better shape than I recall.

Of course part of it could have been the darker uniforms. :p

For some reason I want to identify Dudley with Channing Frye in terms of being role players.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I feel like Dudley’s IQ, not just basketball IQ, but IQ in general is so underrated.

He was close to being out of the league and now with this reputation he just earned on the biggest stage for getting under the skin of his opponents, he’s definitely getting re-signed by the Nets.

And that too at a $5M-7M/yr range contract as opposed to the vet min which is what I expected for him (had he been able to find another NBA contract at all).

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At times I didn't think Dudley was in shape when he played for the Suns. He always lived on his basketball IQ and a team player as you note. He appeared to be somewhat pudgy... so I had this image of Dudley in my mind when I watched the video. To my surprise he appeared to be in better shape than I recall.

Of course part of it could have been the darker uniforms. :p

For some reason I want to identify Dudley with Channing Frye in terms of being role players.

He is in better shape now. At the end of last year he set a goal for himself to drop weight and I believe he lost 15-20 pounds. That was prior to be dealing dealt also, so I thought if he did return he might actually be more useful than he was in the other seasons. He's talked pretty openly about things with the Suns. He really likes the organization and city but apparently he was told early on in his first year that the team was going in a different direction so they sat him and started Chriss. That was stupid, since he just signed with the team but nothing can be done about it now.

I'm glad he's found a place where he's happy and productive. He's been their Jamal Crawford, kind of. Instead of going off and having a great scoring game like Crawford he'll have a game where he turns back the clock and plays great defense while he's out there. He's a respected vet for the young Nets to look up to. He doesn't have the reputation Crawford does but all that truly matters is how his teammates view and respect him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in better shape now. At the end of last year he set a goal for himself to drop weight and I believe he lost 15-20 pounds. That was prior to be dealing dealt also, so I thought if he did return he might actually be more useful than he was in the other seasons. He's talked pretty openly about things with the Suns. He really likes the organization and city but apparently he was told early on in his first year that the team was going in a different direction so they sat him and started Chriss. That was stupid, since he just signed with the team but nothing can be done about it now.

I'm glad he's found a place where he's happy and productive. He's been their Jamal Crawford, kind of. Instead of going off and having a great scoring game like Crawford he'll have a game where he turns back the clock and plays great defense while he's out there. He's a respected vet for the young Nets to look up to. He doesn't have the reputation Crawford does but all that truly matters is how his teammates view and respect him.

I'm glad Dudley found a home with the Nets although it might be temporary. He is likely looking to earn another contract and play a couple more seasons when he hits free agency. I think he would like to stay there so I wish him luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose