I am vegan; Ask me anything

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'd like to try one of these. I love the Whopper even though I haven't had one in years.

Me, too. Whoppers were my favorite back in the day.

One made with an Impossible Burger is gonna be awesome.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Kel Varnsen,, since we are free to ask anything.. Why won't my bougainvillea bloom? It seems happy and grows new shoots but no flowers show up. It has fully bloomed out in the past but for the last 2years or so.. . No blooms. I have pruned it back pretty good thinking that might make it happen. Since you eat only plants, maybe you have a special connection with them. Would you do a Kel Mind Meld and see what's bugging her? I'm successful with other plants. I have an orchid in full bloom right now that's beautiful. People say I have a green thumb but she must be mad at me or something.

¿Sugerencias?

You must be registered for see images attach

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orchid...

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
@Kel Varnsen,, since we are free to ask anything.. Why won't my bougainvillea bloom? It seems happy and grows new shoots but no flowers show up. It has fully bloomed out in the past but for the last 2years or so.. . No blooms. I have pruned it back pretty good thinking that might make it happen. Since you eat only plants, maybe you have a special connection with them. Would you do a Kel Mind Meld and see what's bugging her? I'm successful with other plants. I have an orchid in full bloom right now that's beautiful. People say I have a green thumb but she must be mad at me or something.

¿Sugerencias?

In my experience, the best thing you can do is feed it properly. I recommend playing basketball near it. Once it gets a taste for murdering basketballs, it will be the happiest, heartiest plant you’ve ever seen.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the Beyond Meat burgers at my local Sprouts. So happy to have these more readily available in nearby stores. I also picked up their sausages which I will try for the first time.

Had the burgers tonight and even got my mom (huge meat eater) hooked on them.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Saw the Beyond Meat burgers at my local Sprouts. So happy to have these more readily available in nearby stores. I also picked up their sausages which I will try for the first time.

Had the burgers tonight and even got my mom (huge meat eater) hooked on them.

I’ve heard the sausage is excellent.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
My pretties!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My pretties!

AOC should just surreptitiously carry around a bag of these ticks to her rallies to implement her cow methane gas emissions reduction plan.

fwiw, I thought I had contacted some type of poultry allergy. I used to eat lots of chicken, turkey, quail etc. Now I can't be in the same room with it. The smell of raw chicken is just revolting. I had to go to a job site that was in the old Tyson chicken processing plant in El Paso. The smell in there was just sickening. I couldn't take it. When I told the owner and GC why I wouldn't take the job they looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm getting that way with beef and pork also, but it's just the cheaper cuts or hamberder. I can still eat a good steak or pork chop but that's now a rarity. I'm thinking it's maybe something olfactory because it's the smell that turns my stomach.

I've changed my diet quite a bit so I don't really miss it.