Charlie Weis's Disdain for Josh Rosen

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
I've been listening to the NFL Radio driving to work in the morning lately and everytime JR is brought up, Coach Weis has absolutely nothing good to say. This morning he went as far as to say that he would take Will Grier late day 2 or early day 3 before trying to acquire Josh Rosen for a 3rd round pick. I would challenge any quarterback to work behind what JR had to work with last year. I just don't understand Coach Weis's disdain for JR.

He further said if AZ were to pass on selecting KM at 1 overall, he would trade whatever draft capital it would take to move up to select KM for any of the teams in need of QB.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure Weis has much credibility when it comes to identifying good QB prospects. Did he ever draft and/or develop anyone?

thightower34

Rookie
Reaction score
So that is what Charlie Weis is up to these days. Interesting.
Weis hated Jared Goff after his rookie season too.

“OK, now let me tell you my concerns about Jared Goff. He was running for his life every time I watched him play. Now, people can blame the offensive line all they want, say the offensive line was terrible, OK, but when a guy's ducking for cover, I'd be afraid of him being gun-shy. You watch on tape, he's getting hit so many times. Now I don't know if he's gun-shy or not. I know he was gun-shy. So for somebody being picked that high in the draft, that would definitely be a concern. Because if you are [gun-shy], I don't know what you do about it.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/lexicon-charlie-weis/story?id=41638972

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

“OK, now let me tell you my concerns about Jared Goff. He was running for his life every time I watched him play. Now, people can blame the offensive line all they want, say the offensive line was terrible, OK, but when a guy's ducking for cover, I'd be afraid of him being gun-shy. You watch on tape, he's getting hit so many times. Now I don't know if he's gun-shy or not. I know he was gun-shy. So for somebody being picked that high in the draft, that would definitely be a concern. Because if you are [gun-shy], I don't know what you do about it.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/lexicon-charlie-weis/story?id=41638972

Sounds some what familiar doesnt it and yet where was Goff in year 2

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I really want to know, is, what does George O'Leary think??

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Man Weis is a hater.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weis must have watched game film. Anyone play Madden? Taking a hit isn't an attribute. Take off the glasses folks.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Do u have to be in great shape to express an opinion regarding a qb?
I have low body fat, so I must be a qb guru lol
U guys are too sensitive towards opinions against Rosen
Its right we as a fans support him but he didnt play any good football, so its part of the business being criticized when the performances didn't match expectations

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't think of any other rookie QB from last year that could have done any better than JR behind this dismal O-line from last year.

Or can't think any other qb's could have done any worse
Its something we dont know but I appreciate your positiveness about our qb
Sometimes we must believe in something

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do u have to be in great shape to express an opinion regarding a qb?
I have low body fat, so I must be a qb guru lol
U guys are too sensitive towards opinions against Rosen
Its right we as a fans support him but he didnt play any good football, so its part of the business being criticized when the performances didn't match expectations

Weis has done nothing besides be a coordinator for the patriots. Everything else failed.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And because he failed as a coach he must be seen as a bad analyst?
To me, as a coordinator he's proven he can scheme and coach talent given to him. As a Head Coach he's proven he can't select talent and manage a team to wins. So I have zero faith in his talent evaluation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he failed as a coach I have no interest in his opinions on my team and how it should be run/coached.
But even if he belicheck criticize rosen u could say something against him
Its the fandom, its like when u see just green around u

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But even if he belicheck criticize rosen u could say something against him
Its the fandom, its like when u see just green around u

No, I respect the opinion of people who have had success with what they are presenting their opinion on. Do not confuse me with the people that will defend rosen no matter what happens. he had his flaws but he was a rookie and I have faith if we put actual players around him that he will be a lot better.