Suns lose again

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just because Ayton didn't doesn't mean it's not possible. Trae Young and Luka Doncic did and they came into the NBA at the same time as Ayton. A players position impacts how much he effects the game around them and a pass first PG can effect their teammates a great deal.
Hoop, I had you on ignore only because you became too personal in your responses.

I now have no one on ignore and look forward to sharing opinions with everyone on ASFN. :thumbup:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hoop, I had you on ignore only because you became too personal in your responses.

I now have no one on ignore and look forward to sharing opinions with everyone on ASFN. :thumbup:

i commend you. now that he dropped "Poop" maybe he'll get that chip off his shoulder as well and act accordingly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just because Ayton didn't doesn't mean it's not possible. Trae Young and Luka Doncic did and they came into the NBA at the same time as Ayton. A players position impacts how much he effects the game around them and a pass first PG can effect their teammates a great deal.

Yep, Trae and Doncic came in and...led their teams to two of the worst records in the NBA...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the idea and it wouldn't be my first option, but I doubt this team is going to a) have salary cap room and b) enough goodwill around the organization to bring in much better. Maybe a Beverly on a one year deal type of guy. If they blow their wad on like 20 per for a guy like Rubio I'm going to break my computer in half and throw it out the window... probably to a lot of the board's glee. :D

There we agree. But they still need a real NBA point guard, not a mediocre shooting guard masquerading as one.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, Trae and Doncic came in and...led their teams to two of the worst records in the NBA...

losers, yes. but they did more than the #1 pick did for us this year and i haven't heard complaints about him starting

if Morant could come in here and do for the Suns what Trae and Doncic did for their teams this year it would be our first positive direction in 4 years

and because of his 1st year experience, if Morant could do in his 2nd year what Fox did for his team, i'm a happy camper

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
losers, yes. but more than the #1 pick did us this year and i haven't heard complaints about him starting

if Morant could come in here and do for the Suns what Trae and Doncic did for their teams this year it would be our first positive direction in 4 years

and because of his 1st year experience, if Morant could do in his 2nd year what Fox did for his team, i'm a happy camper

Even still, those are two HUGE ifs.

And even in that best case scenario, that still means another unbearable season like this one, which likely means Booker and Ayton, if not others as well, wanting out, and a playoff drought of at least 12 years, which will start approaching an NBA record. (15 years is the all-time record, held by none other than the Clippers from 1976-1991. The Kings are currently at 13 years but look ready to end that drought next year.)

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bottom line.
after 4 years of decline to the Suns all-time worst, i'm conceding next year as another rebuild season

and my rebuild would start with firing the coach tomorrow

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
bottom line.
after 4 years of decline to the Suns all-time worst, i'm conceding next year as another rebuild season

and my rebuild would start with firing the coach tomorrow

Then we might as well trade Booker now, before that gets ugly.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Then we might as well trade Booker now, before that gets ugly.

that's an option
-- for the #1 pick?

i mean, talk about leading teams to bad records, Booker's the one who rode this horse down for all 4 straight years and if he can't accept that it's on the rider as well as the horse, both parties will be better off parting company

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'd throw in a future pick too
and/or Warren

after all, TJ also rode this horse down
that would make it a full rebuild in the past 2 years

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you do realize that we're the "ignored" by a few posters who would irritated by this frank discussion,
and who believe we're the same person anyway

yeah, that's it. i have been replying to myself in an effort to work out mixed emotions

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
i'd throw in a future pick too
and/or Warren.

after all, TJ also rode this horse down
that would make it a full rebuild in the past 2 years

I must say, 1tin, that I don't think any team would bypass Zion for Booker.

Even with a future pick and Warren thrown in.

Zion would be their pick! The wouldn't let him go by for a future pick.

And Warren is similar to Booker. A Wing scorer (who wants to start).

As a Suns fan, I would love to see Zion here, especially as protection for Ayton.
Even if I wouldn't bet the ranch that Igor could make it work.

Anyway, unless we luck out in the draft, it "ain't gonna" happen.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That’s nice and all, but the odds on getting a vet point guard that moves the needle more than Tyler Johnson are next to nothing.
Mike Conley would move the needle more than Tyler Johnson and shouldn't cost much more than salary matching.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mike Conley would move the needle more than Tyler Johnson and shouldn't cost much more than salary matching.
To what purpose? To possibly compete for an 8th playoff seed? It's not like Conley will be around when we are relevant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To what purpose? To possibly compete for an 8th playoff seed? It's not like Conley will be around when we are relevant.

wouldn't that be good for the young guys... to get that competitve taste in their mouth earlier than later? I mean, if it's Tyler Johnson and a 27-33 win season or Conley and a shot at 40-45 wins, I don't see why we'd want the former. Especially if we were still able to draft Morant and getting Conley wouldn't cost us much in the way of mortgaging the future, sending Johnson, TJ and say a lotto protected first their way or the Milwaukee pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wouldn't that be good for the young guys... to get that competitve taste in their mouth earlier than later? I mean, if it's Tyler Johnson and a 27-33 win season or Conley and a shot at 40-45 wins, I don't see why we'd want the former. Especially if we were still able to draft Morant and getting Conley wouldn't cost us much in the way of mortgaging the future, sending Johnson, TJ and say a lotto protected first their way or the Milwaukee pick.

Not to mention Conley would actually help make his teammates better, especially as compared to the offensive black hole that is Tyler Johnson.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, 1tin, that I don't think any team would bypass Zion for Booker.

Even with a future pick and Warren thrown in.

Zion would be their pick! The wouldn't let him go by for a future pick.

And Warren is similar to Booker. A Wing scorer (who wants to start).

As a Suns fan, I would love to see Zion here, especially as protection for Ayton.
Even if I wouldn't bet the ranch that Igor could make it work.

Anyway, unless we luck out in the draft, it "ain't gonna" happen.
No chance the NBA doesn’t make sure Zion goes to the Knicks. Big market means big money!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to see Zion, but getting JA Morat wouldn’t be so bad if Zion is a Knick. But more importantly, sure hope we can find a way to sign Obre Jr.. He is a stud. He is looking for a max contract though right?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Conley’s contract expires in 2 years and that’s the best part about it as hopefully Morant or perhaps Okobo/Melton will be ready to take the reigns by then.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose