Igor's "System"

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I've suffered through all but three games this season, and each of those players improved as described. It is also consistent with Igor's history and reputation.

We are watching two different teams and a different coach. Sure, at times I witness what I think is natural player progression. However, I didn't see Igor bring anything at all to the table. We set a franchise record in futility despite adding a legit big man putting up 16/10. We regressed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a week, other teams have already dumped people and made new hires, safe to say that Igor isn't getting canned.

Well... at least until like Halloween or something, because in Sarver's world the right time to shuffle up the organization is right when the season starts.

As mentioned by @offset, the Suns might have interest in a coach on a playoff team. I'm only saying it's a possibility.

I haven't read an article after the Bowers hire saying Igor is part of the future by someone in the know like James Jones.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We are watching two different teams and a different coach. Sure, at times I witness what I think is natural player progression. However, I didn't see Igor bring anything at all to the table. We set a franchise record in futility despite adding a legit big man putting up 16/10. We regressed.

yes, and what i didn't see Igor bring to the table is motivation or inspiration.
our opponents were better prepared to start games
i often disagreed with his choice of starters, time and timeout management and strategies
and his communication skills are lacking

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned by @offset, the Suns might have interest in a coach on a playoff team. I'm only saying it's a possibility.

I haven't read an article after the Bowers hire saying Igor is part of the future by someone in the know like James Jones.

I know this isn't what you may be waiting for but I found this article that mentions why Igor deserves another year a good read. It's not just regurgitating things we've said and adds more detail to certain aspects.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...serves-another-year-as-head-coach-of-the-suns

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It took all season for the guys to finally figure out they could go back door on Igor's offense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you may be waiting for but I found this article that mentions why Igor deserves another year a good read. It's not just regurgitating things we've said and adds more detail to certain aspects.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...serves-another-year-as-head-coach-of-the-suns

What concerns me is no one has stepped up within the Suns organization and given him a stamp of approval.

The Suns need to keep Kokoskov unless they feel he has under performed and they can upgrade the head coach position.

Clearly Kokoskov was dealt a very bad hand.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What concerns me is no one has stepped up within the Suns organization and given him a stamp of approval.

The Suns need to keep Kokoskov unless they feel he has under performed and they can upgrade the head coach position.

I agree with this. However, IF, big IF, a way better coach is available, you have to make the move. If no one really moves the meter, I say we stay with Igor for continuity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. However, IF, big IF, a way better coach is available, you have to make the move. If no one really moves the meter, I say we stay with Igor for continuity.

I'm fine with keeping Kokoskov. It's hard to know what (if anything) is going on behind the scene.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Gee, it's not like he didn't know what he was getting into from the start. I don't get the Igor apologists.

I liked the hire from the start, and I'm still ok with giving him another year. But let's not make him out to a victim for chrissakes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Portland somehow loses this series to OKC then I can see them making a change there and Stotts would be the best coaching candidate on the market.

I’m not sure Sarver can afford to pay him but he’s one of the very few candidates I see firing Kokoskov for.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, it's not like he didn't know what he was getting into from the start. I don't get the Igor apologists.

I liked the hire from the start, and I'm still ok with giving him another year. But let's not make him out to a victim for chrissakes.

agreed. especially because he was apparently very vocal about blowing our cap room on Ariza's soon-to-be-dead-weight-ass.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

You know I want to see Igor gone. But he was a victim of a very unbalanced roster.

All the more reason I want to see him gone.

Our dysfunctional ownership/Front Office requires a dynamic and creative Head Coach.

Not a maintainer, as Igor has shown himself to be. He is just not a good fit for the situation.

He might do better on a veteran team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know I want to see Igor gone. But he was a victim of a very unbalanced roster.

All the more reason I want to see him gone.

Our dysfunctional ownership/Front Office requires a dynamic and creative Head Coach.

Not a maintainer, as Igor has shown himself to be. He is just not a good fit for the situation.

He might do better on a veteran team.
Not even going to answer. We have had this conversation a million times already.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You don't have to answer, JC.

Results speak for themselves.

;)

At this point, it's not worth it, BC. Some folks on this board just aren't going to let the facts get in the way, no matter how prevalent they are.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this year, and every year, coaches with better results and better excuses have been fired.
and Luke Walton was hired by another team in 1 day.

the only question that needs to be asked until the day Igor is fired:
do you believe Igor will even be interviewed by any other NBA team, ever again, for a head coaching job?

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
this year, and every year, coaches with better results and better excuses have been fired.
and Luke Walton was hired by another team in 1 day.

the only question that needs to be asked until the day Igor is fired:
do you believe Igor will even be interviewed by any other NBA team, ever again, for a head coaching job?
Yes, but it will be quite a while. Many years after the Suns' championship season has died down.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
a common trading philosophy is "if you own a stock you wouldn't be interested in buying today, sell it!"

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absent getting AD from NO just roll with Igor and see what happens. They ain’t going to win anyway.

This franchise has really sank to the bottom. Sad.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well, it's more of a traditional strategy for teams that are making significant progress to roll with it.

for a team sinking to new bottoms for 4 consecutive years, it's more traditional to make significant changes

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well, who would we get? LMAO. Wait, who would Sarver pay for?