Josh Rosen speaks on his uncertain future on SI TV

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The vibe I’m getting. With the change in tone after the “Josh is our guy” twitter post to no solid backing of him being in the future to being omitted from publications, along with lack of trust in the front office. I don’t think Keim is going to do the right thing.

You are buying what the Cardinals are selling.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If we don’t draft Murray many will blast Keim for not taking him. If we take Murray Keim will get blasted for drafting a qb two years in a row. Keim will also get blasted if he trades Rosen without adequate compensation and Keim will get blasted if we keep both qb’s. The guy can’t win here unless the decision he makes translates into wins and success. I believe in Kingsbury. I think he can make his offense into better than average with Rosen. We need to improve the playmakers on this offense. We already have a new car sitting in the garage. Why buy another one? Murray does not guarantee success. Neither does Rosen. But keeping Rosen would guarantee us acquiring a sure fire blue chip player.
I for one will applaud very loudly if Murray slides way way way past the Cards say UDFA would be just about Right for Me I'm Other words I DONT LIKE HIM AS A PROSPECT AT ALL CAN I BE ANY CLEARER THAN THAT!!!!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I for one will applaud very loudly if Murray slides way way way past the Cards say UDFA would be just about Right for Me I'm Other words I DONT LIKE HIM AS A PROSPECT AT ALL CAN I BE ANY CLEARER THAN THAT!!!!

He is not my choice either Delmer .But you really really must not like him.No need to yell Delmer.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not believe the Cardinals do not know who they have chosen as their QB. They might not be aware which defensive player they will select due to a possible trade since I also think like most teams and not the media, there is not one guy which is hands down the best out of all the talent available, there is a lot of greatness there. They have had months to review tape and QB is the most important position and there are only two variables in Rosen and Murray. If the Cardinals have not already decided on their QB, this is one screwed up organization because if the two where close in comparison you obviously keep Rosen and allocate talent to the rest of the roster and if Murray is the selection, that means he is way better than Rosen to make this move and that decision is readily apparent. To say they do not know their decision on QB, is a load of bullcrap and if Rosen does not have any indication himself, well the Cardinal front office has no honor even though one can say they owe nobody anything because Rosen knowing will not change their draft plans with probably the most irrelevant smokescreen ever created in relation to their objectives of trading and selecting, considering the players available in this draft

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards do decide to go with Murray and trade Josh, what is the bare minimum the Cards should take? Is anyone willing to part ways with a first round pick or have to settle with a 2nd/3rd (or whatever is offered). Very tough situation here. Rosen really didn’t have a chance to show how good he can be and the Cards (and the rest of the NFL) are pretty much basing everything on last year season with Murray. I am one that is good with either decision the Front office makes.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
With all the emphasis this organization reportedly places on character/what’s happening between ones ears.... Rosen >>>> Murray.

I suppose I’m going to end up supporting whomever the organization goes with based on their process, but I think they screw the pooch big time if the draft Murray and ship Rosen.

Josh stands on his own 2 feet. Kyler hardly strikes the same. I have a good buddy with 3 strapping warrior sons in their 20’s: he is over the top involved in the every detail of their lives, to the point the boys have suffered for it. When I read this BS about kyler being prodded with big questions, and literally looking to his dad for direction, that’s a major red flag for me. As much as I dearly love and respect my buddy, he has placed undue burden on his boys to fulfill goals/correct mistakes he feels he made at their age. It’s unhealthy IMO. I see Murray being in a near identical situation.

Hard pass.
you friends with Lavar Ball????

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Would serve the Cards right if they trade Rosen to the Skins and he becomes All Pro While Murray turns into RGIII kinda remember the old days when they traded a guy by the name of Dave Butz and he haunted them for many many years afterward

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprised he spoke. Very impressed by him throughout everything. Become even more of a fan with each passing day.
I agree. Definitely reassured me if we do keep him. Definitely a good head on his shoulders it's seems.. along with the maturity he is showing during the whole process.

OP
OP
D

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Josh Rosen is yet again left out of a Cardinals video.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we don’t draft Murray many will blast Keim for not taking him. If we take Murray Keim will get blasted for drafting a qb two years in a row. Keim will also get blasted if he trades Rosen without adequate compensation and Keim will get blasted if we keep both qb’s. The guy can’t win here unless the decision he makes translates into wins and success. I believe in Kingsbury. I think he can make his offense into better than average with Rosen. We need to improve the playmakers on this offense. We already have a new car sitting in the garage. Why buy another one? Murray does not guarantee success. Neither does Rosen. But keeping Rosen would guarantee us acquiring a sure fire blue chip player.

Why should we be satisfied with "better than average offense with Rosen"? We have both been fans of this team for a long, long time. Old man Bidwill always was content with average. That's why we never hit rock bottom all these decades, and consequently, never had the opportunity to pick 1st in our lifetimes. You're correct that Murray does not guarantee success, but to be a great team, you must have a great QB. I have far more confidence that Murray has that ceiling as opposed to Rosen. Shoot for greatness & don't settle for average, even if average was expensive to acquire just a year ago.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get the impression (based on nothing) they have told Rosen he is there guy and they are just smoke screening. He strikes me as a guy who would relish in playing along and creating more uncertainty

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Josh Rosen is yet again left out of a Cardinals video.

Still perplexed why nowdays that kind of music has to be linked to football
So grateful for the audio off option

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Would serve the Cards right if they trade Rosen to the Skins and he becomes All Pro While Murray turns into RGIII kinda remember the old days when they traded a guy by the name of Dave Butz and he haunted them for many many years afterward

The latter is more realistic than the former. There’s a better chance neither amount to franchise QB’s than both do or one or the other do/don’t.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You're giving away your age my friend:D Butz sat in the middle of that Skins D for what seemed like decades & nobody could move him. Old man Bidwill is a good man, but was a horrendous owner. Not all his fault (wasn't a billionaire to hide his mistakes), but awful just the same.

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get the impression (based on nothing) they have told Rosen he is there guy and they are just smoke screening. He strikes me as a guy who would relish in playing along and creating more uncertainty

I'm a Murray guy, but part of this I believe to be true. If they already told Rosen that they're moving on with Murray, Rosen would be hidden away from the media completely. I won't be surprised by anything come draft night. I like MB as a person, but I'm not sold on him being cleansed from BB's sins either. At best, he's an average owner.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
There is still a chance he is in the loop and none of this matters though.
I think it's a done deal unless the Raiders offer up 3 1st rounders, which I seriously doubt. Try to get at least a 3rd for Rosen and move on...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Maybe we should think of it this way.

We needed a car a year ago to get to work. We got lucky and there was a pretty nice reliable Chevy available that we could afford, and we happily bought it with our limited funds. It has been quit serviable for us and might continue to be. But today we have the wonderful opportunity and the finances to buy a new BMW, which is obviously more exciting to drive, and seems to fit our personality better. Should we buy it? And if so, should we simply trade the Chevy in and lose the depreciation, keep it and try to sell it ourselves later to a desperate buyer who may pay more, or just hold on to it just in case the luxurious Beemer should ever break down or it turns out that we don't like it as much as we liked the more pedestrian Chevy.

Living so modestly all my life and realizing now that I may never be in this position to splurge a little, kick off my shoes and really enjoy life, I would go for it. Heck, we only live once. I would take advantage of my position and buy the Beemer, then begin building a nice garage for it. I would go ahead and find a nice home for my beloved Chevy, hoping its new owner will took good care of it. I'll miss it, but I can get another Chevy, if and when the Beemer should ever fail me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With all the emphasis this organization reportedly places on character/what’s happening between ones ears.... Rosen >>>> Murray.

I suppose I’m going to end up supporting whomever the organization goes with based on their process, but I think they screw the pooch big time if the draft Murray and ship Rosen.

Josh stands on his own 2 feet. Kyler hardly strikes the same. I have a good buddy with 3 strapping warrior sons in their 20’s: he is over the top involved in the every detail of their lives, to the point the boys have suffered for it. When I read this BS about kyler being prodded with big questions, and literally looking to his dad for direction, that’s a major red flag for me. As much as I dearly love and respect my buddy, he has placed undue burden on his boys to fulfill goals/correct mistakes he feels he made at their age. It’s unhealthy IMO. I see Murray being in a near identical situation.

Hard pass.
I understand your concern, but that’s hardly a concern with “character” as your post suggests. Nothing has cast a shadow on kylers character.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every young QB in the NFL deserves better than what the Cardinals have given Josh Rosen.

That goes without saying. But, can you pass on a QB that will probably terrorize NFL defenses for years to come just to be fair to Rosen?? If Rosen played even remotely like Mayfield last year, this isn't even an issue. Many people close to OU football believe that Murray will be better than Mayfield?? The Cardinals have to make a tough decision here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trading Rosen might as well.

And Keim can win . . . make the right decisions (which is what he’s paid to do) and provide a winning product. He does that he wins with everyone. He might now win in this board in the immediate short-term, but if he does his job effectively, whatever his actions here, he definitely wins.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose