Non-Cards hypothetical: Who says no?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If there’s a QB at #4 the Seahawks like.... Russell Wilson for the Raiders five 1st rd picks over the next two years? Raiders then sign him to the largest contract in NFL history?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there’s a QB at #4 the Seahawks like.... Russell Wilson for the Raiders five 1st rd picks over the next two years? Raiders then sign him to the largest contract in NFL history?
Forget about the merits of the deal.

If you're Mayock - presumably brought in for your drafting acumen - would you deny yourself 5 opportunities to show the world (& your bosses) what you've got?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seahawk fans would poo themselves and start riots..he means too much to that city. Imo

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That would be a steal for Seattle. Russ doesn’t have that many years left esp in Seattle since they obviously don’t want to give him big money. Oak prob wouldn’t even give #4 and another first for him never mind all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Jack Del Rio said to not be surprised if Wilson is traded this off-season...honestly, if I'm the Cards, I'd package #1 overall for him...and then trade Rosen to whomever...

Would take Wilson and a large contract all day long over Murray.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Cards might be wise to do that they really dont have a very good history with developing young QBs but Seattle wont because we are in the same division

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For those of you who may be curious, here is a chart that shows the value of every pick in the draft.
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/12/2019-nfl-draft-trade-value-chart-az-arizona-cardinals/
This is not as relevant as you think. It's built off of a leaked chart from the 90s. And doesn't value future picks.

Jack Del Rio said to not be surprised if Wilson is traded this off-season...honestly, if I'm the Cards, I'd package #1 overall for him...and then trade Rosen to whomever...

Would take Wilson and a large contract all day long over Murray.

Man, a lot of people are REALLY overvaluing the QB. Wilson really hasn't done a lot of anything without a strong team (and coaching) around him.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
This is not as relevant as you think. It's built off of a leaked chart from the 90s. And doesn't value future picks.

Man, a lot of people are REALLY overvaluing the QB. Wilson really hasn't done a lot of anything without a strong team (and coaching) around him.
So true my point all along is Football is a Freaking Yeam Sport One QB No Matter how Good he is Isnt going to Win Squat

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you overvalue the most valuable position in sports?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So true my point all along is Football is a Freaking Yeam Sport One QB No Matter how Good he is Isnt going to Win Squat
Disagree. Football is arguably the one and only sport you can't consistently win in without an above average QB. Imo. A great qb can carry a mediocre team and a bad one will show it's flaws.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How do you overvalue the most valuable position in sports?
By imagining that it can't make up for every other flaw on the field?

Wilson has been very good, but he hasn't been able to elevate that roster to another championship no matter how hard he tries. Same with Drew Brees, who has one Super Bowl appearance for his efforts.

It's important, but not every team is trotting out their #1 overall pick who is pulling a James Harden on the rest of the league.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I prefer to keep Rosen...but would take Wilson all day long, over Murray...no matter the contract.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By imagining that it can't make up for every other flaw on the field?

Wilson has been very good, but he hasn't been able to elevate that roster to another championship no matter how hard he tries. Same with Drew Brees, who has one Super Bowl appearance for his efforts.

It's important, but not every team is trotting out their #1 overall pick who is pulling a James Harden on the rest of the league.
But the problem becomes chicken or the egg? Take away Wilson from that team and throw a run of the mill QB in there and they turn into a 4 or 5 win team. Imo. Also, just because these QBs don't get to championships every year means they don't elevate their team enough? Being a very good QB should be enough. Then you build around that. Not shop him and look elsewhere. That's the equivalent of blowing things up. Imo

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
But the problem becomes chicken or the egg? Take away Wilson from that team and throw a run of the mill QB in there and they turn into a 4 or 5 win team. Imo. Also, just because these QBs don't get to championships every year means they don't elevate their team enough? Being a very good QB should be enough. Then you build around that. Not shop him and look elsewhere. That's the equivalent of blowing things up. Imo
Interesting you say that kinda like the Cards are doing with Rosen but I would definitely take Wilson wint happen but it would be very nice I said earlier the Cards dont have a very good history with young QBs

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By giving 5 picks for a QB who barely breaks the top 10 and you could debate he’s not top 10 anymore.

I would put him easily in the top 5-10. The guy is just a winner. But that's me...and In that case.. I would sell current and future picks to get one of those.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I would put him easily in the top 5-10. The guy is just a winner. But that's me...and In that case.. I would sell current and future picks to get one of those.

Of these guys tell me who you take him over......Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan, Rivers, Big Ben, mayfield, Watson, Mahomes, Goff, Wentz. I take all those Guys over Russ for this year. Russ is in a category with Dak, Cam, Dalton and Cousins.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Of these guys tell me who you take him over......Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan, Rivers, Big Ben, mayfield, Watson, Mahomes, Goff, Wentz. I take all those Guys over Russ for this year. Russ is in a category with Dak, Cam, Dalton and Cousins.

Brady Brees Rivers if they were a lot younger I would throw the farm at them those 3 are pretty much the top of the NFL pecking order for QBs right now

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brady, Mahomes, maybe Rodgers , maybe big Ben would be my list before wilson...that's about it. To put him.in the comp with cousins is borderline haterade. I get the fact he's on the seahawks and all...but I can't objectively see how anyone can compare the guy to Kirk cousins. But that's my opinion... Oh and he will get paid like a top 5 QB as well.. so that will confirm my opinion .:p

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson