Disney Plus (streaming service)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disney reveals details of its Netflix rival, Disney Plus, including price and release date

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/disney-reveals-details-of-its-netflix-rival-disney-plus-including-price-and-release-date/ar-BBVRhYn

Disney Plus will launch on Nov. 12 of this year. It will cost subscribers $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year at launch ($5.83 per month). Unlike Hulu, it will not have an ad-supported option. All content will be able to be downloaded for offline use.

For comparison, Netflix recently rolled out its biggest price increase ever in the U.S. The streaming giant's most basic plan increased from $8 to $9 this month, while its most popular plan rose from $11 to $13. An Amazon Prime Video subscription is $8.99 a month, and Hulu without ads is $11.99 a month ($5.99 with ads).

In the first year of Disney Plus, Disney is anticipating the service to include 25 original series and 10 movies and specials, along with over 400 titles from the Disney library. By year five, Disney Plus is expected to add over 50 new original series.

UBS analysts estimated that Disney would spend $800 million on original content for Disney Plus this year. Disney is already developing "Star Wars" and Marvel shows for the service, including the previously announced "Rogue One" spin-off and a Marvel series starring Tom Hiddleston as Loki (read all the scripted content that's in the works here).

Disney also confirmed on Thursday that a Marvel "Falcon and Winter Soldier" series is in the works, as well as "WandaVision," starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles Scarlet Witch and Vision. A Marvel "What If?" series is also in the works, focusing on alternate-reality series. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said that one of the episodes will be about Peggy Carter becoming a super soldier rather than Steve Rogers, thanks to a suit built by Howard Stark.

Disney's many classic animated films, previously kept in the "Disney Vault," will be available at launch on Disney Plus.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
All Star Wars movies, all Disney movies, all marvel movies, and exclusive rights to the simpsons.....yep it’s worth the money esp since you can download them all for offline use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great another streaming service ugh

ESPN+
DAZN
Netflix
WWE
HULU
Amazon

Already subscribed to by me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Hulu for free from sprint and spotify, netflix and then I pay for Amazon prime so I have their streaming service but never turn it on.

Then I use my moms espn and hbo passwords.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Hulu for free from sprint and spotify, netflix and then I pay for Amazon prime so I have their streaming service but never turn it on.

Then I use my moms espn and hbo passwords.

Please explain.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They give you a free account, and you can watch it anywhere you can install the Hulu app.

It feels like Christmas! There's a number of shows I've been wanting to watch. :bday:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you also have cable or a satellite service?

Oh yeah direct TV.

Sunday ticket and NBA league pass. I work out of town so I get that to see the cardinals and Suns

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great another streaming service ugh

ESPN+
DAZN
Netflix
WWE
HULU
Amazon

Already subscribed to by me.

Normally I am with you but this price point is amazing and they are going to offer bundles for Hulu (which is rumored to be where all the more R rated shows will live) and Disney+ for everything else.

It's a fantastic deal. Take my money now.

After Stranger things and now that Marvel shows are off Netflix my subscription there might move into temporary territory. I do the same with HBO (Game of Thrones, West World), CBS all Access (Star Trek Discovery) and cancel the minute those shows are done. Netflix has been a mainstay but I think that changes for me.

I see my only steady subscriptions being Hulu, Disney+ and Amazon Prime (which we use for shopping anyway) in the near future.

I am more concerned about Internet caps at this point. With more and more content moving online and with Google & Microsoft switching to cloud gaming....people's caps are about to get chewed up and spit out. ISP's have gone off their rocker by creating artificial caps, charging ridiculous overages etc. That is going to be a huge problem in the near future as well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So between all your services and internet, you're monthly bill is like, what? 300 bucks?

Something like that. Like I’ve said I work out of town so it’s pretty much my entertainment.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
netflix is worth every penny IMO. So much programming.

Amazon prime is garbage

Hulu is good for some shows but thats about it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
netflix is worth every penny IMO. So much programming.

Amazon prime is garbage

Hulu is good for some shows but thats about it.

There are some good shows on Prime and for me the programming is a bonus since I had Prime anyway for the other aspects of membership.

Long term Netflix is iffy for me at this point but we shall see once my favorite shows are done there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some good shows on Prime and for me the programming is a bonus since I had Prime anyway for the other aspects of membership.

Long term Netflix is iffy for me at this point but we shall see once my favorite shows are done there.
I have prime regardless as well but each time I go onto the streaming service, it seems it doesn't have anything I don't already have on Netflix and is constantly putting me into queues of stuff you have to pay for vs what is free

I don't watch a lot of TV so Netflix still has an overwhelming amount of programming I can enjoy. The only thing I'm totally committed to right now is Ozark but there are a lot of other shows on there I want to watch as well. They also seem to have the best selection of children's shows.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk