Watson had been given a two-week notice

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does make sense, I have just never heard of a team demanding a coach change agents before.

Well, nobody has because representing an NBA player and an NBA coach is against league rules. But Rich Paul insisted that he wasn't actually going to represent him, it would be some other agent from Klutch. But it was clear who was pulling the strings and I guess the front office considered it to be a conflict of interest for Earl.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, nobody has because representing an NBA player and an NBA coach is against league rules. But Rich Paul insisted that he wasn't actually going to represent him, it would be some other agent from Klutch. But it was clear who was pulling the strings and I guess the front office considered it to be a conflict of interest for Earl.

uh... the FO doesn't get to decide how and who a coach has as their agent. That is complete and utter BS. That would be like my show-runners firing me because I wouldn't switch my agent who the Network didn't like dealing with because my agent put MY interests above theirs. It's a f'ing joke.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh... the FO doesn't get to decide how and who a coach has as their agent. That is complete and utter BS. That would be like my show-runners firing me because I wouldn't switch my agent who the Network didn't like dealing with because my agent put MY interests above theirs. It's a f'ing joke.

It's not the same; it's allowed in your industry and it's not allowed in the NBA. Silver is afraid to rock the boat right now because of the huge TV money but he did initially order them to separate because it was a violation. Klutch Sports put a different agent in charge to appease the NBA, I don't know for sure but it would seem that Sarver and company became convinced that Paul was in charge of things for both Watson and Bledsoe despite their denial.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the same; it's allowed in your industry and it's not allowed in the NBA. Silver is afraid to rock the boat right now because of the huge TV money but he did initially order them to separate because it was a violation. Klutch Sports put a different agent in charge to appease the NBA, I don't know for sure but it would seem that Sarver and company became convinced that Paul was in charge of things for both Watson and Bledsoe despite their denial.

you're right. I'm sure Silver is just terrified of an agency... because... of a huge TV deal... that the agents have nothing to do with. I mean, what?! I mean, seriously... what boat would Silver be rocking and be afraid of Klutch to let them get away with that? Are they going to... RETIRE LeBron James if Silver did something like the above? Start their own league?! The conspiracy theories you believe in and peddle whether it be this or the evil cabal over at ESPN just continue to amaze me every time you uncork another... almost all in defense or to at worst to hedge whatever stupid move made next by an indefensible organization.