Where I’d Take Them

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you think Risner is a full round better than Lindstrom?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Wesley the WR from Texas Tech, and it's not only because Kingsbury is familiar with him and him the rudiments of the offense... I think the guy would be a gem for the Cardinals later in the draft

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Predraft is fun.

It's a time when agents, owners and writers come out to spread rumors, settle old scores, pay off old debts etc.

Example - Philadelphia is projected by everyone to draft Jacobs. Next thing you know, Peter King reports that the team slotted one spot ahead of Philly "loves" Jacobs. Hmm.

Also - Beware rumors associating an obscure player with several teams - often you'll find it's an industrious agent fulfilling a PR obligation.

Beware the Team Visits Lists - often it will include a half-dozen prospects en route on their Tour of America.

And of course, the proverbial smoke-screen. (Rosen? Murray? Blockbuster Trade? 2nd Round Money)?

Note - There's this prospect named Collier said to be on the short list of several pro teams. Who is he? Never heard of him (not that someone might fall thru the cracks). Who is he? Legit or bogus?

Fun time.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
@Harry what is your take on Tre Lamar? He's a favorite of mine...he's an old school fundamentally sound run stuffer with a high motor. Reminds me of a taller Ronald McKinnon.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry - If you're the Cards and plan to restock the roster with more than, say, 2 wideouts, would you select the highest overall rated WR talent on your board on any given round? Or would you draft to fit a specific roster need - like Jump Ball Talent, Sub 4.4 Speedster, Route Runner, Velcro Hands etc)?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Do you think Risner is a full round better than Lindstrom?

Lindstrom is the hot guy in the chatter world. I like Risner better because I see him as a right tackle. To me Lindstrom looks better at guard. I also endorse Risner’s Dobler-like attitude. He is one mean dude and the Cards need some nasty on their line. He could prove to be a great run blocker. He has limitations in agility and can get caught by inside counter moves. I know I have Lindstrom much later than it now seems he will go. However that’s the earliest I’d take him.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I like Wesley the WR from Texas Tech, and it's not only because Kingsbury is familiar with him and him the rudiments of the offense... I think the guy would be a gem for the Cardinals later in the draft

Sorry but I can’t get excited by him. The Big 12 simply does not play defense. He’s physically fragile in build. I doubt he can take the NFL beating. He lacks speed which is tough to overcome at the NFL level. He’s not without talent. He has excellent hands. He runs clean routes and can win some challenged balls. I’m just not sure he makes in in the league.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Sorry but I can’t get excited by him. The Big 12 simply does not play defense. He’s physically fragile in build. I doubt he can take the NFL beating. He lacks speed which is tough to overcome at the NFL level. He’s not without talent. He has excellent hands. He runs clean routes and can win some challenged balls. I’m just not sure he makes in in the league.

Fair enough... I would take a flyer on him in the sixth :)

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Predraft is fun.

It's a time when agents, owners and writers come out to spread rumors, settle old scores, pay off old debts etc.

Example - Philadelphia is projected by everyone to draft Jacobs. Next thing you know, Peter King reports that the team slotted one spot ahead of Philly "loves" Jacobs. Hmm.

Also - Beware rumors associating an obscure player with several teams - often you'll find it's an industrious agent fulfilling a PR obligation.

Beware the Team Visits Lists - often it will include a half-dozen prospects en route on their Tour of America.

And of course, the proverbial smoke-screen. (Rosen? Murray? Blockbuster Trade? 2nd Round Money)?

Note - There's this prospect named Collier said to be on the short list of several pro teams. Who is he? Never heard of him (not that someone might fall thru the cracks). Who is he? Legit or bogus?.

This is why I don’t do a mock. Collier is an old style DE. He’s strong as a bear and agile for his size. He’s hard to move and tough to stop when he’s coming forward. Not a great player but decent. This was not an easy year to get attention playing for TCU.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
This is why I don’t do a mock. Collier is an old style DE. He’s strong as a bear and agile for his size. He’s hard to move and tough to stop when he’s coming forward. Not a great player but decent. This was not an easy year to get attention playing for TCU.

Alright Harry, I luv Oliver... what's your take on him

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
@Harry what is your take on Tre Lamar? He's a favorite of mine...he's an old school fundamentally sound run stuffer with a high motor. Reminds me of a taller Ronald McKinnon.

I not helping my popularity. He’s sort of like McKinnon but not as fast or agile. He’s definitely only a 2 down LB. He has no coverage skills. He’s fun to watch. If he gets a hold of his target that guy. Is going down. He too slow for special teams.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry - If you're the Cards and plan to restock the roster with more than, say, 2 wideouts, would you select the highest overall rated WR talent on your board on any given round? Or would you draft to fit a specific roster need - like Jump Ball Talent, Sub 4.4 Speedster, Route Runner, Velcro Hands etc)?
Great Question. I have JJ atop my likely available receivers at 33. His ball skills on contested receptions fit well with young QBs. I like old school diversity, like a fast receiver to spread the field. I also want a good hands guy, like Ricky Proehl to sustain drives. I think a good corps offers much diversity. Right now the Cards have a good hands guy in Fitz. They need speed. Take this late as its often a decoy. Kirk is a nice versatile receiver who isn’t easily categorized but is a very good player to have. So that’s why I have a hands guy as a 33 option.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Great Question. I have JJ atop my likely available receivers at 33. His ball skills on contested receptions fit well with young QBs. I like old school diversity, like a fast receiver to spread the field. I also want a good hands guy, like Ricky Proehl to sustain drives. I think a good corps offers much diversity. Right now the Cards have a good hands guy in Fitz. They need speed. Take this late as its often a decoy. Kirk is a nice versatile receiver who isn’t easily categorized but is a very good player to have. So that’s why I have a hands guy as a 33 option.

You have to have the ability to move the chains in order to stretch the field... I agree :raccoon:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Harry what’s your thoughts on TJ Edwards? I luv this kid & every time I watched him play for Wisky he stood out each game. Might be the best coverage ILB in this draft! Will we even draft an ILB after the Hicks signing?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I not helping my popularity. He’s sort of like McKinnon but not as fast or agile. He’s definitely only a 2 down LB. He has no coverage skills. He’s fun to watch. If he gets a hold of his target that guy. Is going down. He too slow for special teams.

Tre Lamar is a 1980s ILB.

He lacks range for the modern game. Hes strictly a 7th rounder or UDFA.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Alright Harry, I luv Oliver... what's your take on him

Maybe the most challenging selection in the draft. Physically he’s as good as any D-Lineman in the draft. The question is attitude. Does he enjoy playing the game? Is he a team player? Even his teammates aren’t certain. If they traded down to mid-first and their research or interview was positive on attitude I could see taking him.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry what’s your thoughts on TJ Edwards? I luv this kid & every time I watched him play for Wisky he stood out each game. Might be the best coverage ILB in this draft! Will we even draft an ILB after the Hicks signing?

Krang is accurate. He’s what I call a trap player. If you watch the right game he looks like Dansby, but if you see him more, his limitations become apparent. He’s not a line to line range guy. He also gets fooled too often by play action. His lack of quickness shows up in pass coverage where he too often allows separation. This is a shame as he has unusually good ball skills. A team that plays a great amount of zone might find him useful on passing downs. Lastly he has trouble shedding blockers. He’d have been a fine AAF player.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I have one last player, though CB probably is not a position the Cardinals will give much interest in the early rounds and why I see the two CBs from Kentucky as a possibility later on with similar coverage skills. What is your opinion on Michael Jackson Sr., the physical press coverage guy out of Miami which seems a perfect match for our defensive scheme we might run

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lindstrom is the hot guy in the chatter world. I like Risner better because I see him as a right tackle. To me Lindstrom looks better at guard. I also endorse Risner’s Dobler-like attitude. He is one mean dude and the Cards need some nasty on their line. He could prove to be a great run blocker. He has limitations in agility and can get caught by inside counter moves. I know I have Lindstrom much later than it now seems he will go. However that’s the earliest I’d take him.

Risner and Sweezy on the right side would be a vicious upgrade.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Harry. Thoughts on ot Tyler Roemer? Have you heard why he was kicked off the team? Which round do you think he'll be drafted? Thanks again for all of your thoughts and info you share with us.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I have one last player, though CB probably is not a position the Cardinals will give much interest in the early rounds and why I see the two CBs from Kentucky as a possibility later on with similar coverage skills. What is your opinion on Michael Jackson Sr., the physical press coverage guy out of Miami which seems a perfect match for our defensive scheme we might run

I think Jackson is a safety. He likes to mix it up physically and just isn’t fast enough or smooth enough to cover deep. If he stayed at corner he’d need too much over-the-top help. At safety he’d be a pretty good ball hawk who could play close to the line. I don’t see him going until mid to late day 3.

The 2 KY guys are speed challenged. They're big and athletic, but I think only Johnson gets drafted and then it will be late.

All 3 would contribute on special teams.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry. Thoughts on ot Tyler Roemer? Have you heard why he was kicked off the team? Which round do you think he'll be drafted? Thanks again for all of your thoughts and info you share with us.

You guys like to challenge me. This prospect was a major sleeper going into the season. He’s a road grading type tackle. He was raw but some scouts had him as high as round 3.

The suspension was based on injury recovery and highlighted a maturity problem with Roemer. He burst his bursa sac which is indeed a serious injury. After 5 weeks the medical staff cleared him to play but he maintained he still had swelling and pain. The problem worsened in a confrontation between Roemer and his coach. Roemer got suspended indefinitely and it was serious enough that the coach was reluctant to reinstate Roemer even when he wanted to play. Roemer is very raw but would have benefitted from going to a lower division school, like SIU, and refining his technique.

Would I chance him? The Cards have picks to burn and he could mature into a winner. The question is where you have to grab him. The first pick in the 4th might get him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Harry-what do you think of Kahale Warring TE from SD ST and would the Cards have a interest in him as a old school TE? Thanks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe the most challenging selection in the draft. Physically he’s as good as any D-Lineman in the draft. The question is attitude. Does he enjoy playing the game? Is he a team player? Even his teammates aren’t certain. If they traded down to mid-first and their research or interview was positive on attitude I could see taking him.
Having nkemdiche as an influence on this kid would be a huge nightmare scenario imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson