Good article on Ed Oliver. The writer compares him to John Randle.

OP
OP
A

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
He seems to never give up on running plays. He's making tackles 5-10 yards down the field.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I've been very impressed by Oliver. All he does is causing disruption. I don't care if he's doing it at 280 or 290 lbs. Oliver is more of a game breaker than Quinnen imo. Put him next to a strong NT and Oliver will sniff out runs in the backfield. On passing downs his quickness will embarass many guards.

If we trade down with the Raiders, I'd rather take Oliver than Quinnen or Josh Allen. I still can't believe some mocks have Oliver falling out of the top 10. He is a legit blue chip prospect.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If people believed every draft comparison you'd think the Hall of Fame was coming into the league.
I remember years ago where comparisons were the 'big thing'
(Insert Name) reminds me of (insert hall of fame player)
reality is very few rookies even make a dent their first year and 80% are out of the league within 3 years.
Take all comparisons with a cup of salt
The only dominant d player I see in this draft is Q. Williams. Dude was double teamed a ton and beat them on a regular basis....that's beyond amazing to have 2 full size O lineman on him and he's shoving BOTH of them backwards. He's the one amazing D player I see.
potential problem for every drafted player is teams are handing them millions of dollars...free time and a ton of celebrity status....and how do they handle all of it....it's ruined more than one good player.

Last edited:

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Oliver wouldn’t do well in a 3-4, Quinnen Williams is so much better

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I liked Oliver much more than Bosa or Williams coming into the pre-draft period. I know Oliver's stock seems to have fallen off but I don't have any better feeling about Bosa/Williams at #1. I would love to trade down and get Oliver.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ed Oliver is the #3 prospect on the Ringer's Big Board. Depending on how his interviews go, I'd be more than willing to draft him #1 overall. I think he could be the 3-4 end that makes us forget about Calais Campbell.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ed Oliver is the #3 prospect on the Ringer's Big Board. Depending on how his interviews go, I'd be more than willing to draft him #1 overall. I think he could be the 3-4 end that makes us forget about Calais Campbell.
I sincerely hope Arizona brings him in or works him out. Would be a waste not to at least check him out

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There's no 3-Technique in a 3-4 doofus
If you think Oliver is going to strictly being used at the nose if drafted by a 3-4 team you’ve lost your mind. He’s one of those special players whom will be moved all over the Dline.

And yes he can play in the 3-4 & many of the experts think he can as well.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
@Buckybird Oliver is way too small to play nose

I luv Oliver and think he can play in any formation. I know you like some length on your DL but what I see is a very strong guy who is a freak athlete and most of the defensive formations are assorted hybrid nickel packages to combat the passing now

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
I luv Oliver and think he can play in any formation. I know you like some length on your DL but what I see is a very strong guy who is a freak athlete and most of the defensive formations are assorted hybrid nickel packages to combat the passing now
Yes same here but I can't see us picking him though