Murray rumors again........?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
if the Prisco stuff is accurate (a giant IF)

man, what a depressing picture of the front office

instead of being these masters of misdirection with a grand plan in mind, known only to them.......

it sounds like they are making it up as they go along. Good grief.

Agreed. In a previous thread we discussed a similar issue...and I think that would be the worst sign of all. A completely incohesive front office that just has zero plan and flies by their seat. Then in all reality, Rosen vs Murray would be the least of our issues.imo

What do you guys expect? The Murray thing was completely fabricated and pushed by the media. Started by a bs video of a coach talking up an opponent before a game. The cards just ran with it as they should. Perfect storm.

They have probably told Rosen its a smokescreen and hes in on it. All the while truly considering Murray. They have to keep all avenues open and maneuver into the lane that nets them the biggest haul.

1. Take Murray, trade Rosen for highest pick(s) and go "all in". This is the most risky due to unknown with Murray and elevated expectations.

2. Pick Williams/Bosa. If you cant get what you want in trades, take the BEST player. Its the safest bet and most likey to net you a HOF type player.

3. Trade down. If you can get a Ransom its the best option and a no brainer. If you can stay in the top 5 and get a couple early picks you seriously consider this. The only thing better than taking a guy at the top of the draft is taking a FEW at the top. One is bound to hit.

It would not surprise me if the Murray talk is coming mostly from Mikey B. Taking him creates the most national attention and hype. Possibly generating better ticket/merch sales. A good business decision. However Keim and KK's job is to make the best football decision, which is build the best possible team they can. Also it's not uncommon for the scouting department, owner, gm, and hc to be at odds as to who they think the best player or pick is. Rarely is it consensus across the board.

I honestly don't think they know what they are doing yet. But that's ok. I don't think they should. They have to do all their homework leaving no stone unturned, until they get an offer they cant refuse, or it's getting close to time to make the pick. I think only 3 guys truly know what direction they are leaning. As much of a rollercoaster ride it's been I think they are doing the right thing. They would be doing the team and the fans a disservice if you made your decision that early.

P.s. there's still 3 weeks to go :eek:

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite sure coach wants Murray and Bidwill will give him what he wants.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Essentially, the Cardinals know they can't get a ton of value for Rosen and are not entirely sure that landing Murray will immediately guarantee success for them on the field. In fact, Prisco hears it was primarily an ownership push that caused the Murray-to-the-Cards rumors to really pop up in heated fashion. The belief is Murray could be for the Cardinals what Baker Mayfield was for the Browns, an injection of life into a currently moribund franchise, a guy who can crank up ticket sales and get people excited about the upcoming season.

According to Prisco, the feedback received with the trial balloon wasn't that great, which could have the Cardinals going in a different direction with their top pick.

Ok, that scares the living hell out of me. If this is what they're basing the #1 overall pick on, then we are screwed as a franchise. Take whoever you feel is the best player, PERIOD.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They hired a good DC who is bringing us back to the 3/4 defense we are used to. Went out & got some players for that side of the ball. Added some pieces to a shaky OL (although RT is injury prone) hired a HC who knows how to score points & attack a defense, even if it was at the college level. #11 is coming back. Hired 2 of the best RB's & OL coaches in the NFL. They have the #1 pick along with 9-10 more picks. Rosen or Murray (I really wanna keep Rosen) I'm excited. I hope SK & MB don't screw this draft up yes but I like what they've done so far & it isn't over yet. Nothing could be worse than last season.

The OL is still really weak, don't fool yourself.

Pugh stinks bad, Humphries is average and injury prone, sweezy is below avg, Cole was bad last year. The new RT is injury prone also. That line is not fixed unless the OL coach is a miracle worker and we get lucky heath wise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Pugh stinks bad, Humphries is average and injury prone, sweezy is below avg, Cole was bad last year. The new RT is injury prone also. That line is not fixed unless the OL coach is a miracle worker and we get lucky heath wise.

Kugler is a really good coach.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Heart says Bosa but Quinnen has has higher ceiling. Thing is Q wasn’t on the map before the season and I always worry about big guys controlling their weight and learning how to use it. Since the JJ Watt draft only Aaron Donald has been an impact DT before reaching 24-25 years old. Q is 21...

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of what really happens, this has been a most entertaining offseason for Cardinal fans.:clapping:

I agree.... I don't get the people who hate this draft for the Cards.... I can't remember a draft where the Redbirds were the hot topic of discussion on every draft conversation..... For that reason alone, it's my favorite off season since the move to AZ.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I don't think I've ever seen you so vocal on one topic....FWIW ... I want us to keep Rosen and pass on the midget too.

If he ends up being the next Russel Wilson for some other team, I'll guess we'll both be eating crow sandwiches for a decade. :D

Definitely been more vocal about many things but it’s been quite awhile. Lol

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I just said we added some pieces to it, has to be a little better than last yr at the very least. They're not done yet, they will draft a few one would think? Sean Kugler is an awesome OL coach, improvement will happen imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just said we added some pieces to it, has to be a little better than last yr at the very least. They're not done yet, they will draft a few one would think? Sean Kugler is an awesome OL coach, improvement will happen imo.

Everyone I've heard talk about Kugler say that he is among the best offensive line coaches in the league. Really teaches technique and gets the best out of his line. Max Starks said he's not Munchak, but he's the next best line coach he's worked with.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One funny thing that Mel Kiper talked about on 98.7 last week is that taller QBs tend to lead the league in batted passes, not shorter QBs.

I'd like to see his source of data on that to see if it is even a sensible interpretation. He could simply be saying tall QBs had 150 bats last year and short QBs only had 75. That sounds good until you realize there are 4 short QBs and 28 tall ones. If he's saying as you said taller QBs tend to lead the league, well of course... There are more way taller QBs in the league and most of them are average or below avg. If you're one of the few short QBs in the league it's because you're a rare short top tier talent and should do better than the lower half of tall QBs. Tall QBs will "tend to lead" the league in every category good or bad just due to tall QBs are like 7x more frequent than short ones.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd like to see his source of data on that to see if it is even a sensible interpretation. He could simply be saying tall QBs had 150 bats last year and short QBs only had 75. That sounds good until you realize there are 4 short QBs and 28 tall ones. If he's saying as you said taller QBs tend to lead the league, well of course... There are more way taller QBs in the league and most of them are average or below avg. If you're one of the few short QBs in the league it's because you're a rare short top tier talent and should do better than the lower half of tall QBs. Tall QBs will "tend to lead" the league in every category good or bad just due to tall QBs are like 7x more frequent than short ones.

Stats are tracked for all QBs. Joe Flacco gets tons of batted passes. Russell Wilson doesnt. It's a confidence thing. Shorter QBs tend to move to have clear passing lanes.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Murray were to somehow drop to #33, should the Cardinals take him?

Discuss.
Silly to discuss, imo, but yes. No way that dude declares knowing he could slide that far...this isn't an Aaron Rodgers situation either.. imo. Just gonna have to take my word for it... :p

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
They hired a good DC who is bringing us back to the 3/4 defense we are used to. Went out & got some players for that side of the ball. Added some pieces to a shaky OL (although RT is injury prone) hired a HC who knows how to score points & attack a defense, even if it was at the college level. #11 is coming back. Hired 2 of the best RB's & OL coaches in the NFL. They have the #1 pick along with 9-10 more picks. Rosen or Murray (I really wanna keep Rosen) I'm excited. I hope SK & MB don't screw this draft up yes but I like what they've done so far & it isn't over yet. Nothing could be worse than last season.
Hey they could decide a Kicker is exactly what they need at#1 oops I forgot they already did that with Steve Little

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I think it's more of a product that QBs throw more through windows in the line than over the line and taller QBs tend to fool themselves thinking their height gives them enough arc when getting pressure point black range

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ugh. The Murray nonsense has been painful to watch and listen to. I can't wait for it to end.

Agree. This has been the most stressful offseason in recent memory. Having the #1 pick feels like watching Jeopardy; having the right answer to the question and screaming it into the TV knowing the contestant can’t hear you and will probably get it wrong.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, we might get Murray in the second round. As the original post says, he might fall out of the top ten, even though it's not likely, it's entirely possible.But if we want him we have to take him in the second round because it's doubtful he'll be available in the third round. Though it's possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose