Cardinals hosting Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams on Thursday

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals hosting Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams on Thursday

The due diligence continues for the Arizona Cardinals.

The team holding the first pick in the draft is considering multiple options for the first overall pick, even though many assume that the selection will be Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray.

On Thursday, the Cardinals will host Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa and Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

The Cardinals previously dined with Bosa in Florida; it’s unclear whether the team asked him to conduct a private workout, and if so whether he declined.

All teams may bring 30 players to the facility for a visit, and the visit can’t include a workout. Each team also may host unlimited incoming rookies on a designated local prospect day, with any player having a geographic connection to the team eligible to attend.

The Bosa and Williams visits support the notion that the Cardinals haven’t decided what to do with the first overall pick. The answer comes three weeks from tonight, when the 2019 draft gets rolling in Nashville.

Sure, the answer could come sooner than that. But the NFL likely is nudging Arizona behind the scenes to keep their cards (pun not intended; I tried to come up with another word or phrase) close to the vest, and the team should enjoy its status in the center of the NFL universe for the balance of the month.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am hopeful for one of two options:

1) We keep Rosen and KK makes him into a franchise QB. We draft Bosa or Q.
or
2) We draft Murray and he becomes the next Russell Wilson. We trade Josh for close to what we gave up to get him (at least a mid-first round pick).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Normally when they have in mind one selection they dont host the prospect few days before the draft?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Anything can happen between now and the draft. It's still 3 weeks. Doing due dilligence on the top 5 or so prospects when you hold the 1st overall pick is a no-brainer.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We will have every answer come Monday at KK's first practice

If Rosen is there and practicing Murray is NOT the pick

If Rosen is not there for ANY reason ...Murray is the pick

If Rosen is there and not practicing ...Murray is the pick

there are no other scenarios....winter is coming and the final answer is Monday.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there are no other scenarios....winter is coming and the final answer is Monday.
wrong. Already addressed this. Not sure why you think after bluffing for two months we would show our hand next week.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wrong. Already addressed this. Not sure why you think after bluffing for two months we would show our hand next week.
No you're wrong

KK isn't going to show & teach Rosen his playbook knowing he's going to be traded....that'd be beyond ignorant. You don't show a guy your plans and head him off to another team with what you do.

The answer comes Monday

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any decision to draft Murray would have been made weeks earlier (because drafting Murray changes the team's offense - and possibly the defense - & therefore our roster and our other draft picks).

The more we hear buzz that the Cards are "continuing to explore their options" (i.e. hosting Bosa, Q Williams etc.) the more likely Murray represents a major bluff.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd imagine regardless of which way they go KK would want to at least work with Rosen for a few days to see what he has. I dont see him participating next week as a tell at all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No you're wrong

KK isn't going to show & teach Rosen his playbook knowing he's going to be traded....that'd be beyond ignorant. You don't show a guy your plans and head him off to another team with what you do.

The answer comes Monday
Allow me to be the devil's advocate, though I agree with you... how will you know how much Rosen will be prepped in a voluntary workout where conditioning probably is a main focus

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

There is nothing in this statement that is true.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you're wrong

The answer comes Monday
Disagree. The smokescreen is way too thick to blow cover now. Week one is conditioning and week 2 will be more like walk thru’s and drills. I doubt Kingsbury is going to roll out the offense next week.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you're wrong

The answer comes Monday

I addressed this in the thread you created and never went back. The team is not going to show their cards either way. Rosen will not be at the offseason workouts REGARDLESS of what we are doing.

1) if you are trading him and getting Murray, you cant have him there and risking injury
2) if we are keeping Rosen, you do not have him there because that signals to everyone that you are no threat to take Murray.

Letting Rosen come to camp ruins ALL of the leverage they created for the #1 pick over the last two months. He will not be at camp regardless until after the draft.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. The smokescreen is way too thick to blow cover now. Week one is conditioning and week 2 will be more like walk thru’s and drills. I doubt Kingsbury is going to roll out the offense next week.

I think its hilarious that a joe schmoe thinks they have this all figured out and that a team would spend two months bluffing harder than ever and then just blow all their cover like that. Silly. If Rosen shows up to camp, all that value we built up into the #1 pick is gone and we lost the chance to trade down.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why on the same day... it's almost like they do not consider either one an option because time is not allocated special for either one

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its hilarious that a joe schmoe thinks they have this all figured out and that a team would spend two months bluffing harder than ever and then just blow all their cover like that. Silly. If Rosen shows up to camp, all that value we built up into the #1 pick is gone and we lost the chance to trade down.
And if Rosen doesn’t shows up it blows all their cover. It goes both was ...joe

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if Rosen doesn’t shows up it blows all their cover. It goes both was ...joe
Rosen is not showing up and that feeds into both scenarios. Rosen showing up only feeds one. I was not commenting on you, I was agreeing with you.

Ive stated how april 8th will work like 5 times now so ill just let people act like him not showing up means something at this point.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen is not showing up and that feeds into both scenarios. Rosen showing up only feeds one. I was not commenting on you, I was agreeing with you.

Ive stated how april 8th will work like 5 times now so ill just let people act like him not showing up means something at this point.
Sorry BRR. Read that wrong.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whether or not Rosen shows up is a Rosen decision, not a Cardinals decision.

If he shows up and we turn him away, that would destroy his trade value, so we wouldn't do that.

If he doesn't show up, it wrecks our smokescreen and makes Rosen look bad.

Rosen's agent should advise him to show up. The Cardinals will let him work out as they can't turn him away without tipping his hand. We, the fans, will know nothing more then, then we do today.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why on the same day... it's almost like they do not consider either one an option because time is not allocated special for either one

Most likely just a facility tour. They spent two days with bosa in florida already... I'm sure they have personal time for Williams too

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, not really. What if no one wants Murray at 1? At that point you are trying to get a team to trade up for Bosa. In that case you need Rosen in camp, especially if there is a chance you keep him. If Rosen isn't there, and you aren't drafting Murray, well everyone will assume you are and the trade for Bosa won't happen. They have to make a decision eventually either way. Might as well make it now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not really. What if no one wants Murray at 1? At that point you are trying to get a team to trade up for Bosa. In that case you need Rosen in camp, especially if there is a chance you keep him. If Rosen isn't there, and you aren't drafting Murray, well everyone will assume you are and the trade for Bosa won't happen. They have to make a decision eventually either way. Might as well make it now.

Just because Rosen isnt at camp doesnt mean we are not taking Bosa and other teams know that. It would be foolish to assume.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen's agent should advise him to show up. The Cardinals will let him work out as they can't turn him away without tipping his hand. We, the fans, will know nothing more then, then we do today.
Rosen can show up and not work out. I imagine it would be valuable for Kingsbury to spend time with him in the playbook and going through walkthroughs. If he shows up and doesn't work out, it will not tip the Cardinals' hand. If he doesn't show up, it will not entirely tip the Cardinals' hand, but it will be interpreted as more likely that he's not in the Cardinals' plans.

...dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose