Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woman in Gold

Release Date: April 1, 2015 (limited)
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Director: Simon Curtis
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some thematic elements and brief strong language)
Screenwriter: Alexi Kaye Campbell
Genre: Drama

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Katie Holmes, Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Helen Mirren, Tatiana Maslany

Plot Summary: "Woman in Gold" is the remarkable true story of one woman's journey to reclaim her heritage and seek justice for what happened to her family. Sixty years after she fled Vienna during World War II, an elderly Jewish woman, Maria Altmann (Helen Mirren), starts her journey to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, among them Klimt's famous painting 'The Lady in Gold'. Together with her inexperienced but plucky young lawyer Randy Schoenberg (Ryan Reynolds), she embarks upon a major battle which takes them all the way to the heart of the Austrian establishment and the U.S. Supreme Court, and forces her to confront difficult truths about the past along the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

AZZenny

Reaction score
Really great movie. It's quite moving, but done with just the right touch -- it could have gone off track at so many points, but stayed true to the story. It could have been heavy-handed or pushy, but instead kept a surprisingly light and deft touch, while still maintaining tension and involving the viewer. I'd sort of gotten tired of seeing Helen Mirren everywhere, but she brought a real person to life, and was a pleasure to watch.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Really great movie. It's quite moving, but done with just the right touch -- it could have gone off track at so many points, but stayed true to the story. It could have been heavy-handed or pushy, but instead kept a surprisingly light and deft touch, while still maintaining tension and involving the viewer. I'd sort of gotten tired of seeing Helen Mirren everywhere, but she brought a real person to life, and was a pleasure to watch.

Agreed. I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. A good change of pace for Reynolds too.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Agreed. I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. A good change of pace for Reynolds too.

Yeah, it was a pleasure to watch both of them work. Solid film as well.

"Oprah Winfrey was, for ten years, the owner of Gustav Klimt's second-most-famous portrait of the lady in gold, "Adele Bloch-Bauer ll." Winfrey reportedly bought the painting anonymously in 2006, when Christie's sold it at auction for $87.9 million. In 2016, Winfrey sold the 54"x54" painting to a Chinese collector for $150 million."