CB's Morris Claiborne and Tramaine Brock visiting Cardinals

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morris Claiborne visiting Cardinals

The Cardinals are looking at cornerbacks in bulk today.

In addition to the previously reported Tramaine Brock, they also had veteran cornerback Morris Claiborne in for a visit today, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The 29-year-old Claiborne started 15 games each of the last two years for the Jets, after spending his first five years with the Cowboys.

The Cards made an early move to sign cornerback Robert Alford after he was jettisoned by the Falcons, and are clearly looking for some experienced help behind him and Patrick Peterson.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Claiborne play with PP at LSU?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe so, would be a solid addition to the secondary if the price is right.

Nothing to base this on other than some Crowboys fans I know but they didn't like Claiborne at all. Softer than PP... lol

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like we signed Brock. I'd have preferred Claiborne, but what do I know

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We needed a slot CB and could use a #3 CB so getting both would be nice but I think Claiborne may be looking for more money but I've read only TB has offered him a contract.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brock SUCKS! He couldn't even post a 60 on PFF. Ranked 98th in coverage...he's ranked with Justin Bethal as far as coverage goes

Claiborne is good, not great. I'd take Claiborne 100 out of 100 times over Brock

O god there's the news they got the bum of the two!

Keim saved 50 cents and got another Justin Bethal....have fun with that one

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Brock SUCKS!
Claiborne is good, not great

Being in Texas and forcefully exposed to everything Cowboys... Claiborne is stiff and full of coverage holes, yet still better than Brandon Williams which makes me think we should sign both and release that Brandon guy

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Being in Texas and forcefully exposed to everything Cowboys... Claiborne is stiff and full of coverage holes, yet still better than Brandon Williams which makes me think we should sign both and release that Brandon guy
I agree 100%
Brock isn't bad....he's REAL bad. His only 'upside' (if you can call it) is he knows Vance J's defense.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I always thought that Claiborne would play well enough next to PP to add value to the secondary.
100% agree ! Put him on the other teams #2 ...rather than the #1 he's been on ...he would thrive IMHO

Brock is nowhere near the talent of Claiborne. Not shocked with Keim taking the cheaper less talented CB.....Keim has zero ability to pick CB's with talent. Every year it's said as the season starts, "Cards need a CB opposite PP!" and when the season is over, "Cardinals need a CB opposite of PP" Keim failed every time but once when he got a deal and he let him go to Green Bay over fighting over 1 million over a 3 year deal.

It's mind blowing to be on the outside and see Keim take Brock over Claiborne.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Alford has already been pencilled in at the #2 CB...anyone else they signed was probably going to be just depth anyway.

We don't know if Claiborne was even willing to be a #3 on this team. Maybe that's what drove Keim to Brock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose