Iowa State WR Hakeem Butler

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Butler is the best WR in this draft. We have no shot at him imo but if he's there at 33 it should be a snap decision.

LOL Hes probably my fifth or sixth favorite.

Better than him?

Deebo
Harry
AJ Brown
Williams from Colorado State (character concerns)
Hollywood Brown
Maybe Metcalf

My concern with Butler is that he isnt a super fluid athlete on tape. There is a reason few receivers over 6'3 become good players at the next level, most are stiffer in the hips and cant cut as well.

At 33, I would consider Harry, Deebo, or Hollywood Brown

Butler is a 3rd round or later guy.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL Hes probably my fifth or sixth favorite.

Better than him?

Deebo
Harry
AJ Brown
Williams from Colorado State (character concerns)
Hollywood Brown
Maybe Metcalf

My concern with Butler is that he isnt a super fluid athlete on tape. There is a reason few receivers over 6'3 become good players at the next level, most are stiffer in the hips and cant cut as well.

At 33, I would consider Harry, Deebo, or Hollywood Brown

Butler is a 3rd round or later guy.

Siri, set a reminder for April 25, 2019 :)

Brown (AJ) I will say is a more polished receiver right now and I can see him coming into the league and looking similar to Juju Smith Schuster.

Brown (Hollywood) I like a lot.

Deebo is another Kirk, though he is a slightly better athlete, not really what we need imo.

DK is an athletic freak but his route tree is so limited hes a big gamble.

Not gonna break down every guy but at the end of the day, Butler in my opinion has the highest chance to become an elite alpha X receiver in the NFL, which is something every NFL team desperately wants. I completely disagree with your assessment of his hips, hes very fluid and he can drop his hips very well. While he's not quite on the Julio Jones level of size and fluidity, hes a lot closer to that than DK or Harry are.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Siri, set a reminder for April 25, 2019 :)

Brown (AJ) I will say is a more polished receiver right now and I can see him coming into the league and looking similar to Juju Smith Schuster.

Brown (Hollywood) I like a lot.

Deebo is another Kirk, though he is a slightly better athlete, not really what we need imo.

DK is an athletic freak but his route tree is so limited hes a big gamble.

Not gonna break down every guy but at the end of the day, Butler in my opinion has the highest chance to become an elite alpha X receiver in the NFL, which is something every NFL team desperately wants. I completely disagree with your assessment of his hips, hes very fluid and he can drop his hips very well. While he's not quite on the Julio Jones level of size and fluidity, hes a lot closer to that than DK or Harry are.

I would agree with the alpha comment if he looked like an alpha on tape. Looked to me like a big, stiffish guy who beats up on crappy corners.

Deebo like Kirk? That shows me you didnt watch him. Hes an outside receiver. Bigger than Kirk. I agree hes slightly Boldinesque, but way faster than Boldin. Very fluid, fast, and STRONG. Pull up his tape against Clemson, beat up on corners that will likely be 1st or 2nd round picks.

Deebo can also take off the top of a defense AND catch underneath. Butler is more of a deep threat guy only.

Deebos big wart is multiple injuries in college.

DK has more speed than Butler, but even more stuff laterally.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Would love to get Deebo with our second. If he's gone when our second round pick comes up or we go a different direction in the second then I hope they consider Terry McLauren in the fourth. Similar size to Deebo.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t think Deebo fills a need already filled by Christian Kirk

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Idk I think he’s too short to play outside, but his 39 in vert and his 10in hands are pretty good, but has IMO short arms for an outside receiver

/krangthebrain

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Idk Larry is 6’3 and he played slot

6'0 is fine for any wide receiver position. Perfectly average. Jerry Rice was 6'0. Antonio Brown is 5'10.

Deebo is strong for a wideout...he weighs 215, thick for 6 feet.

Reactions: Kai

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t think you could find a game with 5 catches where he didn’t make or miss a reception due to body catching. Granted it’s hard to body catch a ball you can only get one hand on.

Let's say we do draft Murray, well I know he has nice touch on deep passes but his other passes have some heat on them as do Rosen's to an extent and a body catcher means deflection interceptions when thrown into the tighter windows as a pro

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards HAVE to draft Oline early and often in this draft. WR is a need but KK system will make it easier for our WR group to make an impact on games.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The Cards HAVE to draft Oline early and often in this draft. WR is a need but KK system will make it easier for our WR group to make an impact on games.

I am not so sure about that, I see maybe 1 OT and 1 OG and that’s about it. WR is the more immediate need.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

OL often arent ready to play year one. The majority of college OL need a year of strength and conditioning to face the rigors of the NFL.

With that said, the Cardinals added three OL this offseasons, 2 Guards and 1 Tackle. Two of the three are going to start. There isn't an open starting position, so look for later round draft picks to add depth and develop.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would like to come out of this draft with two WR
Parris Campbell and Miles Boykin

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OL often arent ready to play year one. The majority of college OL need a year of strength and conditioning to face the rigors of the NFL.

With that said, the Cardinals added three OL this offseasons, 2 Guards and 1 Tackle. Two of the three are going to start. There isn't an open starting position, so look for later round draft picks to add depth and develop.

Wasn't our entire oline injured last year except for the rookie. Fix the fing oline for God's sake, that's my battle cry until it's done. Glad Keim brought in some fresh meat this offseason but like last year they have injury concerns. Ftfo.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the Cardinals are almost stuck having to draft a receiver high.
No doubt and they should. kK already said we need a wr that can take the lid off. If we are betting on Kevin White we are idiots. I’m lovin’ me some Hollywood Brown IF IF IF he has fully recovered from his foot injury and especially if we take Murray. Built in chemistry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose