Game #2- Arizona Diamondbacks @ LA Dodgers. 3/29/19

thrustrev

Reaction score
Our plan worked beautiful yesterday, they won't have the energy to compete today and tomorrow after all that hitting and running all those bases yesterday. :rolleyes:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wilmer flores better not be batting in the 3 hole again........

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Let's rebound!
You could post that to the Suns board, too. With a couple of meanings. One the same as here. :)

Regarding Greinke, I appreciate the chemistry between a pitcher and catcher. But a star pitcher who comes apart when he doesn't have his designated catcher is not a star pitcher. C'mon, Robbie. Show 'em who's our #1.

But then, Koch gave up four HR's as did Greinke. So John Ryan Murphy's pitchers gave up 8 homer runs in the game. How much of the problem is he? Torey has a lot of work to do.

Edit: I meant to put this in the Greinke & Catchers thread.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Milwaukee Goldy has 2hrs 3RBI and just made a gem of a DP at first.

Out of curiosity I found a STL message board to see if they were freaking out, which they are,,,, but they are calling him Goldy, and I dont like it at all.

I'm literally gonna pout this whole season :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Better than watching the games I guess.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ray not looking much better than Greinke, and the team is entirely lifeless. Could this end up being a repeat of 2004?

Meanwhile, Pollock amd Goldy today have more offense than our entire roster combined yesterday and today.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
After 3, the Dodgers lead 3-0. All 3 driven in by Pollock. A solo HR, then drives in two while going against the shift.

For the D-backs, Dyson in the leadoff position with a bunt single and a walk.

That's it for the offense, as the rest of the lineup stubbornly hitting everything into the shift.

I don't get it! All they have to do is hit it to a wide open side of the infield.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After 3, the Dodgers lead 3-0. All 3 driven in by Pollock. A solo HR, then drives in two while going against the shift.

For the D-backs, Dyson in the leadoff position with a bunt single and a walk.

That's it for the offense, as the rest of the lineup stubbornly hitting everything into the shift.

I don't get it! All they have to do is hit it to a wide open side of the infield.

I think you're starting to see some of what I don't like about Lovullo as a manager.

Ironically, there are some parallels between Igor and Torey. Both are fantastic assistants who just do not have the demeanor or skill set to be at the top.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ray not looking much better than Greinke, and the team is entirely lifeless..
Quite a few pitches in the strike zone have been called balls against Robbie. That puts a pitcher on the defensive from the start of the game.

When will MLB go to the electronic ball-and-strike system? Umpires have lost the right to manipulate the game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think you're starting to see some of what I don't like about Lovullo as a manager.

Ironically, there are some parallels between Igor and Torey. Both are fantastic assistants who just do not have the demeanor or skill set to be at the top.
But so much of MLB is stubbornly hitting into the shift. I think there is a difference in style between the two guys you mentioned. Details would be lost by lumping them together.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But so much of MLB is stubbornly hitting into the shift. I think there is a difference in style between the two guys you mentioned. Details would be lost by lumping them together.

I see remarkable similarities in their styles, actually.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is game 2 of 162. To put it into perspective St Louis fans were very upset that Goldy went 0-4 in game 1 and was on pace to hit zero home runs on the season. He hit 3 HRs tonight and now is on pace to hit 243 HRs and they are all gloating about the great trade. The baseball season is a marathon not a sprint, as we found out last year. Yeah we don’t have the horses or payroll to keep up but it is what it is.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We all knew this was going to be a long season culminating quite possibly with the top pick in the 2020 draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We all knew this was going to be a long season culminating quite possibly with the top pick in the 2020 draft.

Then why didn't they trade Greinke, Lamb, Ahmed and Peralta when they could?

If we were going to have to endure this, might as well go for a full rebuild.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To think this team had Goldy and JD and now both are gone because of a horrible contract given to Tomas.:hammer: :madarms::bang:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
To think this team had Goldy and JD and now both are gone because of a horrible contract given to Tomas.:hammer: :madarms::bang:
Yeah. The Tomas contract was a killer. But we never had JD or Goldy under a long term contract. JD wanted over 200 mil and did it get it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave