The Latest on Rosen

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hearing the Giants prefer Rosen over Haskins in terms of talent. If that’s true it comes down to cost. With Rosen they’d lose a year of control but save some back on salary. They know Haskins won’t last until 17 even if they settled for him. I believe they would offer the 17th pick straight up for Rosen if the Cards are patient. However, I still don't like taking Murray.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even the latest on Risen turned into Murray at the end :)

Thanks for all your posts Harry

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Murray reminds me too much of RG3. I understand that the game has changed and these Wilson type qbs may be what teams look for but I will take an immobile Tom Brady type over Murray. And Rosen is much more mobile than TB

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m hearing the Giants prefer Rosen over Haskins in terms of talent. If that’s true it comes down to cost. With Rosen they’d lose a year of control but save some back on salary. They know Haskins won’t last until 17 even if they settled for him. I believe they would offer the 17th pick straight up for Rosen if the Cards are patient. However, I still don't like taking Murray.
Wouldn’t it blow everyone’s mind if they traded down from #1 to take Haskins instead of Murray and then trade Rosen for #17?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Murray reminds me too much of RG3. I understand that the game has changed and these Wilson type qbs may be what teams look for but I will take an immobile Tom Brady type over Murray. And Rosen is much more mobile than TB

That's not a fair comparison. Granted, I strongly doubt Murray will have a career anywhere close to Brady. But you are comparing them with full hindsight of Brady's career after 18+ seasons. Clearly a bunch of people didn't think Brady would amount to much or he would not have been a 6th round draft pick.

I can point to a boatload of immobile mega busts in the history of the league who were drafted much, much higher than Tom Brady. Same goes for the RG3 type of mobile QB busts you might point to in comparison with Murray. Nobody knows what Kyler (or Rosen) will be at this point. Only time will tell on both of them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But has the game really “changed”

The look of what we see winning SBs consistently suggests the game hasent changed I’d argue.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

To be fair, I think SissyboyFloyd called this first on the board. I believe it was before the OBJ trade and he was saying #6 overall.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
To be fair, I think SissyboyFloyd called this first on the board. I believe it was before the OBJ trade and he was saying #6 overall.
Sorry if I missed it. My source is quite good.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

If the Cards do trade Rosen for the 17th pick and draft Murray (insanity...oh the horror.....) that means Cards end up with a very risky rookie QB and miss out on one of the possible top defensive draft picks in the draft.Questionable thinking IMHO.
What happens if Murray isn`t ready to start and has to be 2nd QB for weeks...…..Hundley is not a QB that seems like anything more than solid backup/spot starter.Might be okay for a couple of weeks .

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks Harry, things sure are getting interesting. Cards could get a good player at #17 also at #33.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
yes he deserve a better stage considering the stellar plays he displayed last season

but he is the same guys telling 9 mistakes were made not selecting me

work hard, showed it on sunday, then u can talk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes he deserve a better stage considering the stellar plays he displayed last season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Not sure what’s worse: the take, or that people actually buy it?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If the Cards do trade Rosen for the 17th pick and draft Murray (insanity...oh the horror.....) that means Cards end up with a very risky rookie QB and miss out on one of the possible top defensive draft picks in the draft.Questionable thinking IMHO.
What happens if Murray isn`t ready to start and has to be 2nd QB for weeks...…..Hundley is not a QB that seems like anything more than solid backup/spot starter.Might be okay for a couple of weeks .
If they take Murray #1 he will start ready or not.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But has the game really “changed”

The look of what we see winning SBs consistently suggests the game hasent changed I’d argue.

I think it is fair to say the game is changing but hasn't fully changed yet. Murray represents what the game is moving towards while Rosen represents where the game had been.

I am not saying draft Murray simply what I believe is happening with the NFL game. As long as it isn't Bosa.

Edit to add: Hiring of KK speaks to where the league is going

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s always been a copy car league. Whether we draft this kid or not, the offense will change. Will it work? Guess that’s why I’ll watch))

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All true. I guess the same can be said if Rosen (who I like) doesn’t show any growth from last year - that would really put him in the same class as Murray and then still stuck with Hundley, right?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Go find a running QB in Mike Leach and KK's Air Raid system, then we can talk why Rosen is not a fit. Calling Rosen not a fit at this time is proposterous

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
That's not a fair comparison. Granted, I strongly doubt Murray will have a career anywhere close to Brady. But you are comparing them with full hindsight of Brady's career after 18+ seasons. Clearly a bunch of people didn't think Brady would amount to much or he would not have been a 6th round draft pick.

I can point to a boatload of immobile mega busts in the history of the league who were drafted much, much higher than Tom Brady. Same goes for the RG3 type of mobile QB busts you might point to in comparison with Murray. Nobody knows what Kyler (or Rosen) will be at this point. Only time will tell on both of them.

That’s fair but the “boatload” you can point too would not have the meaningfulness as a comparison. I use RG3 as a comparison of his being fragile and most of those mobile quarterbacks don’t have the staying power of say a Tom Brady. Sure there are plenty of pocket passers who never amounted to anything but preference would be to have that more prototypical QB. As you said, right now it’s all speculation. Hopefully in hindsight we made the right decision.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Calling Rosen not a fit at this time is proposterous

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
And saying he is a fit at this time is proposterous as well imo.

All I know is that Rosen has never produced (college/NFL) even remotely close to any of those top tier QBs in the Air Raid offense...never!

No, I haven’t soured on Rosen but I do feel Murray could maximize K2’s offense more than Rosen. My opinion

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Maybe we should’ve lured Lincoln Riley away from OU with the Brink$ truck then taken Murray, since he’s a proven winner & K2 hasn’t been. :lol:

Hmmmm

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is what it is man.. gotta trust the process. That's whether they draft Murray or keep Rosen. It's just means they think more highly of one more than the other to run the offense. Just gotta go with it and trust the gut of the head coach and the front office for what they think is best..whether it turns out positive or not. Jmo.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what’s worse: the take, or that people actually buy it?
You don't think players can think this way?! Not saying this is true or not... It's just that it doesn't mean it's not true. Imo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson