Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A few good throws sprinkled into many awful throws. Yes Rosen CAN make good throws, but that's it's a huge stretch to believe in him fully at this point.

You don’t judge him based on a couple of good throws. You judge him by your assessment of him leading up to the draft last year.

I don’t know what he was supposed to do. No one blocked for him, his receivers did not get open, and the playcalling sucked. I don’t know what a quarterback, let alone a rookie quarterback, is supposed to do under those circumstances.

I know you don’t feel that Rosen is a bad quarterback like many other members seem to, but I don’t understand the criticism toward him. It is taken completely out of context in my opinion.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay and here we go...

Colin Cowherd has been told that the Giants have offered #37 for Josh Rosen

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...de-second-round-pick-Colin-Cowherd-130584090/
So we traded a 1st, 3rd and 5th to move up and get him.

He has an $8 million cap hit.

And we trade him for a 2nd round pick? Doesn't make any sense.

Here's the thing with KM. As much as his weight or the height are concerns there is:

Can he read an NFL D in game time speed?

Make his reads and go through progressions?

Throw to a 3rs option before the WR makes his break?

NFL DC's are very good at making adjustments and making even good QB's look bad.

Very few QB's ever get this. It's what makes a good to excellent NFL QB

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Cardinals made a mistake, IF they were going to draft Murray and trade Rosen, in making that info known so early in the draft process. Naturally, I have no idea how it will turn out, but it seems that every day Rosen's value goes up, with even a late first or early second a possibility. And IF they are not going to trade Rosen, at the very least they've distracted other teams. JMO.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
This. Ideally we keep looking at the Raiders because of the draft capital they have. If we can work a trade with the raiders I’d have no problem taking Murray since it would we picked up a couple of extra picks. If somebody trades up to 2 or 3 ror Murray, so be it . Stick with Rosen and enjoy the influx of talent with 4 , 27, 33 , 35 and 65.

The Raiders haven’t even been connected to the midget. As bad as Oakland was last year why would they give up all their draft capital?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen doesn't have a big arm and he isn't Mobile at all, he worked with Mahommes, Mayfield, Keenum, Manziel, he likes QBs that can leave the pocket and ones who can air it out. Rosen doesn't have the wheels of the other guys. It's a joke if you don't think Murray fits the prototype QB in a Kingsbury offense.
Rosen not being mobile at all is a big lie. He’s not Russell Wilson, but he damn sure isn’t Phillip Rivers running. Funny thing is, he had Davis Webb, Alan Bowman, Nic Shimonek, & yes even Baker Mayfield had a combined 102 rushing yards between them with 48 starts combined. It’s a really big joke if you don’t think any QB fits a “prototype” QB in a Kingsbury offense. That’s just what the idiotic media wants you to believe.

Also, lol @ Keenum having a bigger arm than Rosen.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I think the conception about Murray being a better fit in KK's offense is misunderstood. I'm 100% sure Rosen fits KK's offense. However, KK was hired not based on his sytem, but because he is supposed to be a great offensive mind. Now imagine a great offensive mind having a QB with worldclass speed and very good accuracy to work with. Potential upside seems endless.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Once
I want to draft Kyler but you guys dont even have legitimate reasons as to why Rosen doesn’t/wouldn’t fit Kingsbury’s offense considering he ran a similar offense at UCLA.

If we draft Murray, we'll never really know how much Rosen would improve dramatically in KK's offense. To me, it's a given that he would improve. For Josh's sake, I would hope so. Otherwise, he has no future in football. I, for one, never was enthralled with his play at UCLA. I watched him a handful of times, but never came away convinced that he was "star" quality. The Cardinals did the right thing last year when they traded up to get the last 1st round QB available. No one could have imagined that we would be as bad as we were & that we'd be sitting at #1 in the draft. But we are. Knowing how important the QB position is, we're in a position to supposedly improve ourselves there. Maybe even dramatically improve ourselves. They need to pull the trigger, draft Murray, and move on. If Rosen ends up with the Pats, so be it. If the Pats continue to go to SB's, that means the Stealers can't. That works for me. The Stealers losing is almost as enjoyable as the Cardinals winning:clapping:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So we traded a 1st, 3rd and 5th to move up and get him.

He has an $8 million cap hit.

And we trade him for a 2nd round pick? Doesn't make any sense.

Here's the thing with KM. As much as his weight or the height are concerns there is:

Can he read an NFL D in game time speed?

Make his reads and go through progressions?

Throw to a 3rs option before the WR makes his break?

NFL DC's are very good at making adjustments and making even good QB's look bad.

Very few QB's ever get this. It's what makes a good to excellent NFL QB

Everything you say is true. We did everything we could last year to draft a QBOTF, and rightfully so. I don't think that the Cardinals remotely thought they would go from 8-8 to the worst team in all of football. Drafting Rosen wasn't necessarily the problem, hiring inept coaches across the board was. That being said, we're sitting at #1, with an opportunity to draft a possible real game changer at QB. No guarantees, because there are no guarantees in life. They absolutely have to do this. Even if Rosen has a decent career, if you pass on Murray, and he produces star results, our franchise will never hear the end of it. We will forever be known as the team that passed on Murray. Our grandkids will be listening to that, and maybe their grandkids too. And I'll be tossing in my grave.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Everything you say is true. We did everything we could last year to draft a QBOTF, and rightfully so. I don't think that the Cardinals remotely thought they would go from 8-8 to the worst team in all of football. Drafting Rosen wasn't necessarily the problem, hiring inept coaches across the board was. That being said, we're sitting at #1, with an opportunity to draft a possible real game changer at QB. No guarantees, because there are no guarantees in life. They absolutely have to do this. Even if Rosen has a decent career, if you pass on Murray, and he produces star results, our franchise will never hear the end of it. We will forever be known as the team that passed on Murray. Our grandkids will be listening to that, and maybe their grandkids too. And I'll be tossing in my grave.

The opposite could be true as well. If they dump Rosen and he turns out great while Murray is a bust, Cardinals get major egg on face.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree Rosen can fit Kingsburys offense.

But look at what Manziel did in Kliffs offense. Imagine a player with the same skill set, but more disciplined.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The opposite could be true as well. If they dump Rosen and he turns out great while Murray is a bust, Cardinals get major egg on face.

IMO the Cardinals have failed more in the moves they didnt make than the ones they did.

They passed on QBs in thr past because they already had one. Even incremental improvements in QB are worth it.

The added wins from better QB play is worth more than a star defensive lineman. Analytics prove that.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am trying not to be biased here but I don't see how the Giants and Redskins wouldn't trade their #1 picks for Rosen. (#15 or #17).

Giants - They already have the #6 pick. They would get QBOF, Barkley, and the #6 pick to build their new dynasty. Its the only way the fans get over the OBJ trade this year.
Redskins - They are screwed with the Cap and Alex Smith with no QBOF. Getting Rosen is a no brainer for them due to his fit in Gruden's offense and his very low cap hit the next 3 years.

If we trade Rosen for anything less than a 1st rd pick, we are idiots.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen doesn't have a big arm and he isn't Mobile at all, he worked with Mahommes, Mayfield, Keenum, Manziel, he likes QBs that can leave the pocket and ones who can air it out. Rosen doesn't have the wheels of the other guys. It's a joke if you don't think Murray fits the prototype QB in a Kingsbury offense.

Make your case, but, your first sentence is utter tripe. And KK himself in the last couple of days has said that Rosen running his offence is a non issue.

Last edited:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I promise you Rosen will be an All Pro if he ends up on the Patriots. It’s Murphy’s Law. I want the Cardinals to keep Rosen but I fear whatever the Cardinals actually do will be the wrong choice as I am a pessimist and the Cardinals suck at drafting in the first round (excluding Fitz years ago)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Cards have made a awful lot of wrong choices thru the years one of the reasons they kinda always being the laughingstock and bottom of the barrel when it comes to the NFL

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raiders haven’t even been connected to the midget. As bad as Oakland was last year why would they give up all their draft capital?
Not saying they are after Murray but perhaps they covet Bosa. Let’s assume they are. Bosa to the Raiders , Williams to the 49ers, Allen to the Jets and walla, Murray is there for us to go along with the extra picks. Not predicting this, just creating a situation to acquire extra picks and still getting Murray.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rosen not being mobile at all is a big lie. He’s not Russell Wilson, but he damn sure isn’t Phillip Rivers running. Funny thing is, he had Davis Webb, Alan Bowman, Nic Shimonek, & yes even Baker Mayfield had a combined 102 rushing yards between them with 48 starts combined. It’s a really big joke if you don’t think any QB fits a “prototype” QB in a Kingsbury offense. That’s just what the idiotic media wants you to believe.

Also, lol @ Keenum having a bigger arm than Rosen.

Rosen isn't Mobile compared too Murray, Josh wasn't running out the pocket making things happen that wasn't the case we all watched the games. Could he scramble and get a few extra yards yes, is he a mobile QB not at all, can he escape the defenders like Murray can, NO.

Josh is not looking to run the ball, look at his game logs it's laughable. He got his rushing yards in 2 games
It's a complete phallacy, look at the logs it's not screaming dual threat QB at all

Also Josh was hit on as many passes as he attempted he wasn't some escape guru. When the Cards have Murray you will see what a real Mobile QB looks like, Rosen isn't a Mobile QB. He isn't a statue, but Josh doesn't have the big arm either.

Murray avgs 7.3 yards an attempt higher than Vick

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Make your case, but, your first sentence is utter tripe. And KK himself in the last couple of days has said that Rosen running his offence is a non issue.

Rosen isn't looking to leave the pocket or put it deep, his deep balls fell short often, we saw this with our own eyes

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
When (and if) the Giants offered#37 overall, did they even have the #17 pick from Cleveland. In other words, was it before the OBJ trade?

Steve Keim will be burned at the stake if he trades Josh Rosen for less than a first round pick. You don't trade 2 picks and swap first rounders to acquire your franchise quarterback and pay most of his guaranteed bonus money to then turn around and give away him away for peanuts.

I want to keep Rosen and draft Bosa, but IF the Cardinals acquire the #15 or #17 overall pick for Josh, I'd reluctantly accept it. That trade has to be in
place before we make our selection (obviously).

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Not saying they are after Murray but perhaps they covet Bosa. Let’s assume they are. Bosa to the Raiders , Williams to the 49ers, Allen to the Jets and walla, Murray is there for us to go along with the extra picks. Not predicting this, just creating a situation to acquire extra picks and still getting Murray.

But don't you see? It's over the Cards have botched this situation like I knew they would. They have backed themselves into a corner and now not only have the ruined any chance of salvaging their relationship with Josh, but they basically have to take Murray. No one is trading up now because we have shown our hand. No other team wants Murray, they aren't as stupid as we are. And if they do, they would take him wherever their pick is, no need to move up. Or trade with the Jets or 9ers.

Putting your franchise in the hands of a rookie HC and rookie QB is crazy. Not to mention the enormous amount of pressure you have put on them. Everyone expects us to come out and be world beaters because we have Murray. If we have back to back 5 to 6 win seasons the casual fans and national media are going to have a feeding frenzy on this team. They already hate KK as it is.

The good thing is Keim will be gone and Murray will playing baseball so hopefully we will be in position to draft T. Lawrence.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That's very interesting actually, maybe all the Murray talk is just to set up a trade for Bosa. If we take Murray at 1 then Bosa falls to the 49ers and the only way a team could stop that from happening is trading with us. Raiders come up and take Bosa and we take Q at 4??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose