Should the Cardinals Trade Down?

Should the Cardinals Trade Down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vita Vea was the other NT taken in the top ten, just last year. Jury still out on him.
Bosa is a pass rusher without question, whether a DE or OLB, just line him up and get out of the way. He would fit fine.

You can't really go wrong if you stay in the top five. All defensive dominators there. Ed Oliver may end up being the best of the bunch.

If the Giants are eager to trade up to get Haskins, they can save a lot of draft picks just by giving us #6 for Rosen. He's better than Haskins and fits their mold to a T.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
chris_sanders
Obviously the million dollar question for Bosa is can he play 3-4 OLB?
In my opinion, I think he could (maybe), but would never live up to the hype the media has surrounded him with. Bosa is a much better fit in a 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB whereas Josh Allen is the exact opposite
How far? Probably within the first round and a early second
This is my thinking as Well. Trade down to 4 and take Allen while picking out one of the Raiders’ late first rounders and Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know everybody hates on me for this but..
Murray: better quaterbacks available in future drafts
Bosa: not a scheme fit
Williams: not a scheme fit/ I don’t see a place on the roster for him, but tremendous respect for him nevertheless

Best take some time to familiarize yourself with 3-4 concepts. Both Bosa and Williams can be integrated effectively into a 3-4 hybrid, which is what we will be running.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vita Vea was the other NT taken in the top ten, just last year. Jury still out on him.
Bosa is a pass rusher without question, whether a DE or OLB, just line him up and get out of the way. He would fit fine.

You can't really go wrong if you stay in the top five. All defensive dominators there. Ed Oliver may end up being the best of the bunch.

If the Giants are eager to trade up to get Haskins, they can save a lot of draft picks just by giving us #6 for Rosen. He's better than Haskins and fits their mold to a T.

So Rosen is better than Haskins and Haskins is higher rated than KM by most observers, so we should give up the highest rated for the third?

That's the ticket!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is my thinking as Well. Trade down to 4 and take Allen while picking out one of the Raiders’ late first rounders and Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder.

Nobody is trading up for KM, so how do you end up with Allen at #4?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
@fartblossom
@Harry
Would Williams play Nose Tackle?

He’s an outstanding athlete who uses his agility & quickness to maneuver would be blockers. As such he could play inside or out. I’d experiment with him in both places. You could even play him outside then move him inside onpassing downs. He’d get penetration.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Answer is maybe. If ARZ either wants Murray or wants someone other than Bosa then it’s yes. Murray will drop past #3 ARZ passes on him as Bosa, Williams & Allen go Top 3 if ARZ trades down, so if ARZ wants Allen they can’t drop past OAK as NYJ make most sense for Allen if Bosa and Williams are gone.

OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Best take some time to familiarize yourself with 3-4 concepts. Both Bosa and Williams can be integrated effectively into a 3-4 hybrid, which is what we will be running.
If you know so much about 3-4 scheme why don’t you explain to me how they fit?
BTW I’m a former football player so I know a thing or two about schemes and whatnot

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you know so much about 3-4 scheme why don’t you explain to me how they fit?
BTW I’m a former football player so I know a thing or two about schemes and whatnot

Evidently not in a 3-4 or you weren't paying attention.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
If we are 4 and it goes bosa, Williams, Allen...you get Oliver.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Wrong. Because in this case we pick Murray at #4, and address DL with the late 1st from the Raiders or our early 2nd.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Because in this case we pick Murray at #4, and address DL with the late 1st from the Raiders or our early 2nd.
I like that you state I am wrong and then back it up with nothing but opinion.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think if the Raiders or Giants call, you trade up, because they have enough capital this year to move up to #1. Going from 1 to, say, 15 without a crap load of compensation would be tough. At that point, I just say take Williams or Bosa and not overthink the situation.