Kyler Murray, you will become a Cardinal. It is....

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
You guys need to start listening to the people who do & have done this as a profession. They majority say he’s going to be a very good player based on his skills.

With that said, I still don’t think Keim has the balls to draft him. Hope he does, just because of our new HC, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Keim has stated multiple times how much he regrets missing on Russell Wilson. Because Wilson checked all the boxes, yet an inch or two let him tumble down our board. Even worse that he lead the Seahawks to a championship and will still keep torching us twice a year for a long time. Based on this, I hope Keim has the balls to pull the trigger. Bosa isn't the freakish terror that Myles Garrett is or Clowney to a degree. He has a capped ceiling. Quinnen is an interior DL who aren't very easy to predict - weight, stamina, motor. Keim is fighting for his job as well after the Wilks disaster, DUI arrest and multiple busted 1st round picks. I think Keim will swing for the fences which meshes perfectly with KK's preference.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
If we can get a 1st round pick for Rosen, I'd be thrilled. He wasn't worth a 1st last year by any means.
What if we get a mid or late 1st by one of the mentioned teams, and send back our 3rd or 4th in return? This way we would get a 1st for Rosen and give the receiving team the feeling they didn't pay a full 1st. Could also include a conditional pick if Rosen hits a certain number starts (or not).

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
What if we get a mid or late 1st by one of the mentioned teams, and send back our 3rd or 4th in return? This way we would get a 1st for Rosen and give the receiving team the feeling they didn't pay a full 1st. Could also include a conditional pick if Rosen hits a certain number starts (or not).
Good question. Id think maybe a 5th? Draft day is going to be interesting!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the #1 pick you take who you rate the best. If it isn't Murray, then I am going to assume he wasn't the best guys for the cards
What if the best kicker ever is available? Or the best Special teams player. He might be the best at his position? There are probably "better" players when Rivers came out but he probably has made the most impact for his team since he was drafted. Take the two best players from drafts that weren't QB's than take a draft where the QB is the best player and see which one made the most impact for their team.

Position does matter :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just heard Carson Palmer say he would draft Murray because he looks to be the best player in the draft and you have to take advantage of having the first pick... no Carson no, I like you man lol

The rewards of KM being great far outweigh the risk that he isn't. It used to be that missing on #1 (especially at QB) would set your franchise back a decade. Financially, that is no longer the case. Teams can still reload in short order. You have to keep swinging for the fences when it comes to your HC/QB combination. I've never been more ready for the Cardinals to take that risk.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm for drafting Murray and trading Rosen, but what do I know, I'm just a fan. What disappoints me are all the posters on this Board, who are trying to pass themselves off as scouts with their opinions on Murray and Rosen. Whoever, becomes our starting QB will have my full support because I'm a Cardinals (since 1947) fan.

Go Big Red!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys need to start listening to the people who do & have done this as a profession. They majority say he’s going to be a very good player based on his skills.

With that said, I still don’t think Keim has the balls to draft him. Hope he does, just because of our new HC, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

If the Cardinals don't pull the trigger on Murray, their relationship with KK will never endure. Sure, KK will say all the right things, and try to fit a square peg into a round hole. But, it'll be an opportunity lost & KK will be hampered in the pursuit to get this franchise to the promised land. I'm done with trying to get better. I'm done with being a playoff team. I'm personally running out of time with that bs. We've been there with Wiz & BA. It's time to be great. The KM/KK combo is our best chance ever to get there.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, no way we take anything less than a 3rd rounder for Rosen. With the Dead Money issue it would be better to keep both QB's.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will draft Murray and trade Rosen to the Giants for #17.

I would be thrilled to see that!!! That would be a fair trade for both teams. I could see Rosen fitting in there. I hate every other team in the NFC East, so I would root my butt off for him to do well there too.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same pundits that are telling us how good Murray is are telling us how good Rosen is and the cardinals shouldn’t just give him away.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
IMO, no way we take anything less than a 3rd rounder for Rosen. With the Dead Money issue it would be better to keep both QB's.
So...... I am part of a podcast network called Next Fan Up for thast 4 years or so. We have a weekly podcast with 32 contributing members. One superfan for each NFL team and I represent the Cardinals.

We are knee deep in our mock draft (each of us are the GM).

Here is what happened with Rosen:
I checked with the Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Ravens, Broncos, Bucs, Jags, Pats, and Steelers. All of them laughed me out of the slack channel when I tried to get a 1st rounder.

I was able to get the giants Superfan to make two offers. Either their 2nd rounder, or their third rounder with Evan Engram.

I chose Engram & their 3rd rounder.

The entire channel said I won the trade and gave the Giants guy some crap. His defense is that the Tate signing made it clear that tanking wasn't their plan and that getting Rosen so cheap was a coup for them..

Fine.... Whatever..... Take it for what you will.

What do you guys think about that?

Rosen may not be valued by the rest of the NFL after last year.

p.s. Of course I took Kyler 1st.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What durability questions?

I'm serious not one person has shown how he is injury prone. Murray is about the size of Tiki Barber.

There is no durability question.

I have an intelligence question on you because of your faulty logic on Murray :)

(Totally kidding)

I might be a old fart but I still have my faculties...……… I think:shrug:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So...... I am part of a podcast network called Next Fan Up for thast 4 years or so. We have a weekly podcast with 32 contributing members. One superfan for each NFL team and I represent the Cardinals.

We are knee deep in our mock draft (each of us are the GM).

Here is what happened with Rosen:
I checked with the Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Ravens, Broncos, Bucs, Jags, Pats, and Steelers. All of them laughed me out of the slack channel when I tried to get a 1st rounder.

I was able to get the giants Superfan to make two offers. Either their 2nd rounder, or their third rounder with Evan Engram.

I chose Engram & their 3rd rounder.

The entire channel said I won the trade and gave the Giants guy some crap. His defense is that the Tate signing made it clear that tanking wasn't their plan and that getting Rosen so cheap was a coup for them..

Fine.... Whatever..... Take it for what you will.

What do you guys think about that?

Rosen may not be valued by the rest of the NFL after last year.

p.s. Of course I took Kyler 1st.

Why didn`t you play hardball with the other faux GMs? You gave him away.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dr. Jones, of the two Giant draft scenarios, I'd probably take the 2nd rounder. I'd do that because I read that the KK offense doesn't value the TE position. That said, he does use his TE's (really just big WR's) on the outside. That was how he did it in college, will it change in the NFL?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Dr. Jones, of the two Giant draft scenarios, I'd probably take the 2nd rounder. I'd do that because I read that the KK offense doesn't value the TE position. That said, he does use his TE's (really just big WR's) on the outside. That was how he did it in college, will it change in the NFL?
I watched most TT games & thats exactly what he did & only Amaro had any stats or even a factor. Exactly why imo taking a TE anywhere but possibly late in the draft is ludicrous

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish everyone did believe Murray was going to be great. Then teams would try to move up to # 1 to take him and give us a boatload to do so. Doesn't appear to be the case. That is more telling than a bunch of pundits trying to create all of this drama.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I watched most TT games & thats exactly what he did & only Amaro had any stats or even a factor. Exactly why imo taking a TE anywhere but possibly late in the draft is ludicrous

So you don`t think KK will tinker with some changes considering this will be the NFL? Barely using the TE is wasting options IMHO.If you generally only use the TE in possible blocking situations you are telegraphing your play intent.IIRC Amaro was a good receiving TE at TT but not much on the blocking side.(sounds like Seals-Jones to me).What I wonder is if a TE with the ability to help in Pass Protection and be a functionable runblocking asset could be a option in last 3 rounds?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
that's fair.

Here were my thoughts.

#1. A Jace Amaro on steroids.
#2. 1st round talent who has a world of upside left to expose. (Sort of getting a 1 & a 3 for JR).
#3. We need more pass catching talent. If RSJ & EE split out together it could be devastating to a defense.
#4. He still has 3 years left on his rookie deal giving us cheap talent for multiple years trading off for Rosen.
#5. DJ, Fitz, Kirk, RSJ & EE would be an awesome 5-wide set with Edmonds & Kyler in the backfield.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why didn`t you play hardball with the other faux GMs? You gave him away.
I was literally laughed out of the slack channel. To me, this is why all of the JR love here is a bit overblown IMO. these guys feel the same way about their QB and I think we would all say that they are crazy.

The Bucs, Bengals, & Dolphins fans all unanimously thought he was a total bust.

The Bengals guy wanted Dalton over him. Said Andy is a much better leader and thrower. I laughed.
The Dolphins guy said why would we not just tank for Tua and let Fitzmagic throw it all year.
The Bucs guy said Jameis is 10x better. I said are you sure? He said eff yes I'm sure! <-- Their version of bias IMO
Broncos guy gave it a thought but chose to rather have Lock or Jones over him. Said he would never give up his #1 for him. He got Lock in the Mock Draft.

Trust me.... Over a 2-week period...... I tried.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So 31 other guys on a fan based mock draft site convinced you that Rosen isnt worthy of a 1 st round pick. Well then, I guess that settles it.
They didn't convince me. I still think he is, but leverage can be a hard thing to obtain.

You take the deal that you can get..... Not what you think he's worth.

It's why some people can spend 100k on painting and others wont spend $20.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cardinals don't pull the trigger on Murray, their relationship with KK will never endure. Sure, KK will say all the right things, and try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

That's a strange way to view it. Kliff can be successful with Rosen in my opinion. We'll see if the owner and GM believe otherwise.