Nitpicking Nick Bosa

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So isn't your pick Q.Williams..the guy who only started this season?
Yep. And dominated. Not rotationally, not for 3 games, etc. However, I'm all for trading down and taking a guy like Oliver or some others

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Forgot which poster mentioned it but Bosa’s frame could be an issue regarding his upside. I don’t see how he can get any stronger without stiffening up. Look at his thighs they’re on another level...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. And dominated. Not rotationally, not for 3 games, etc. However, I'm all for trading down and taking a guy like Oliver or some others

I am still Bosa #1
I could live with Q.Williams if not Bosa although it all a matter of projection with Bosa/Williams...

Williams has bigger bust potential
than Bosa IMO.Questions about how his strength,stamina,technique,
Will translate to the NFL.Of course every pick has questions/concerns.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good post.

He has a horrible time with talented long-armed tackles. they seem to minimize his transcendent technique at his age. Maybe he overcomes that, but it does worry me now that the competition is going to improve week in and week out in the NFL.

My biggest issue is his vertical when you combine it with his 10yd splits. It just screams "Lack of Burst" to me. This drops him heavily in my eyes and makes his ceiling much lower than the elite rushers of this era.

He is just like his brother, which will make him a top pick but keep him below the Vonn Miller/Myles Garret/Clowney level freaks of this era.

With a floor so high but a ceiling that is not nearly as high as Quinnen or Allen, I would be somewhat underwhelmed if we spend a #1 overall pick on the safest bet of the draft. I want to shoot for the moon if I have #1.
I've said it many times on this board, there's nothing Bosa does that Josh Allen can't. Allen had 17 sacks last yr at Kentucky in 13 games, Bosa has 17.5 in 29 games. Allen can drop into coverage as well. We could trade the #1 to the raiders, draft Allen at #4, gain their #27 & a 2nd maybe?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still Bosa #1
I could live with Q.Williams if not Bosa although it all a matter of projection with Bosa/Williams...

He just barely finished his sophomore year too. Bigger bust potential is baloney.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it many times on this board, there's nothing Bosa does that Josh Allen can't. Allen had 17 sacks last yr at Kentucky in 13 games, Bosa has 17.5 in 29 games. Allen can drop into coverage as well. We could trade the #1 to the raiders, draft Allen at #4, gain their #27 & a 2nd maybe?
Allen is another great trade down pick. I don't think he will last long though. To 4 is possible. Imagine him and a top flight wr in round 1? [emoji44]

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still Bosa #1

PS, I'm not looking to change your mind. Just my opinion.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Allen is another great trade down pick. I don't think he will last long though. To 4 is possible. Imagine him and a top flight wr in round 1? [emoji44]

I'm afraid even if a trade with the raiders happens, the Jets will take Allen at #3?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Bosa did drills at the combine in front of everyone.A fitness freak and lifter.So you don't have to worry about his work ethic or getting ****** lazy.Every scouting reports touts his technique,strength and good athletic ability for a guy his size.Since he has been in a rotation for his first 2 years he has done well.Good enough to be DPOY in his conference IIRC as a Soph.So while he has some concerns as do all the prospects his chances of success are higher IMHO than many others.If you check his performance versus ranked teams you will see he has played 10 ranked teams in his career and has 7.5 sacks and that was being part of a rotation.

Cardinals already had to teach Dan Williams had to stay in shape. Let that be a lesson. Possible repeat in Quinnen Williams...But with the number one overall pick. At worst, Bosa will be in the same ball park as his brother. Go safe

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
PS, I'm not looking to change your mind. Just my opinion.

No problem.I am not changing my mind anyway.I like Williams.I just have questions on him.Like I said ..not a problem..we all got our opinions.:cheers:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Does that tell you something that Hebert was rated Higher than Murray and would have been Number 1 pick if he had entered
You mean at the beginning of the season? Before kyler had the crazy awesome Brosnan season? Because anything else is 100% complete conjecture on your part.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So isn't your pick Q.Williams..the guy who only started this season?
At least he played more than 3 games this year. You know, the most recent season upon which decision makers should reasonably place the greatest weight in evaluating a player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Forgot which poster mentioned it but Bosa’s frame could be an issue regarding his upside. I don’t see how he can get any stronger without stiffening up. Look at his thighs they’re on another level...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Agreed. His size/strength are maxed out. And not a bad thing bc both are good. But you can’t count on that dude getting bigger and stronger.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals already had to teach Dan Williams had to stay in shape. Let that be a lesson. Possible repeat in Quinnen Williams...But with the number one overall pick. At worst, Bosa will be in the same ball park as his brother. Go safe
Dan Williams was a late first round pick that didn't pop off tape like Williams does. Williams added weight this year and became dominant afterward. Not sure why you'd compare weight issues

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very likely it could be bosa, Williams, Allen 123. The niners and jets aren't taking QBs.

That could very well be the 1 2 3 order. Still can't believe the Patriots were dumb enough to trade JG to the 49ers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could very well be the 1 2 3 order. Still can't believe the Patriots were dumb enough to trade JG to the 49ers.
I mean, their only alternative was to pay him and you can't give him started money if Brady is playing 3+ yrs more

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean, their only alternative was to pay him and you can't give him started money if Brady is playing 3+ yrs more

He should've been the heir apparent to Brady, they didn't have to trade him. With his talent I can see him asking for a trade though, no need in wasting 5-6 more yrs waiting to be the starter. 2 yrs he has been in SF & assuming Brady plays 3-4 more yrs.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Was JG ever that good? He walked into perfect circumstances in NE and won some games, including against the then already declining Cards. JG took most of the glory, when he just played not to lose and had erratic moments. That's not bad, but really nothing to get excited about, especially when you consider the small sample size. He also lifted the 9ers offense when he was initially traded. But after a full offseason with them, he didn't look good at all.

To me he is a 28 year old QB who has shown flashes in limited sample size, but not enough sample size to deem him a legit franchise QB. He is also rehabbing a torn ACL right now. Not tragic these days, but I don't expect him to be ready week 1 or to look good this season.

Btw that's among the reasons I think the 9ers should target Kyler Murray at #2 if the Cards pass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose