Cardinals signing DT Darius Philon

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just 2 years...
I like him and this is the best addition so far, young, no injury issues, improved each years....I hoped for 3/4 years

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Which is strange, to me anyway. Does he have some other non football issue going on?
This is because of the deep DL draft class. Philon had 2 good seasons in a row, just 25 years, and certainly expected more than a 2 year deal with just 5m guaranteed a week into free agency. Gunter is 2 years older than Philon and had just one season of production. I imagine at this point it's either settling for a modest contract, like Philon did, or waiting on which teams pass on DL help in the draft. Gunter most likely won't get close to what we paid Philon. Regardless, would be nice to see Gunter back with the Cards on a reasonable deal.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you cannot break news and still want to act like an "insider" ->

You must be registered for see images attach

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter when we’re drafting Kyler Murray lol :lol:

I’d rather have signed Corey Liguet
I don't know Philon is 4yrs younger and Liguet is coming off a PED suspension to start last season and season ending injuries in 2018 (torn quad) and 2017 (PCL), plus declining production. Also had a season ending foot injury in 2015. Actually surprised he wasn't a primary SK target :)

OP
OP
W

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter when we’re drafting Kyler Murray lol :lol:

I’d rather have signed Corey Liguet

It would be nice to have both. We need about 7 DL on the final roster. Philon, Peters, Nkemdiche are the only locks and that’s if Nkemdiche doesn’t start on PUP. The only other 2 on the roster at this moment are Pasoni Tasini and Vincent Valentine

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know Philon is 4yrs younger and Liguet is coming off a PED suspension to start last season and season ending injuries in 2018 (torn quad) and 2017 (PCL), plus declining production. Also had a season ending foot injury in 2015. Actually surprised he wasn't a primary SK target :)

No wonder Bucky likes him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where he plays as guys with his stature are generally NTs in a 3-4 but he came into the league as more of a pass rushing 3Tech. Either way, he fills a need and is still young.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Loved Philon when he was picked in the 6th or so round, he was on the cusp for a while of making the chargers squad but he always balled out when he played. Very happy with this pick up. If I remember right he was used as a NT as a charger, although I haven’t followed them for a couple of years now so could be misremembering

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't have to draft for need anymore

Um, your definition of need and mine must be different.

They still only have 2 healthy DL - both really DT's

They need at least 2 more DE's, 2 WR, 1 S, 1-2 CB, and a TE. I also would really like to have another ILB, and another T - but we could get by.

OP
OP
W

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where he plays as guys with his stature are generally NTs in a 3-4 but he came into the league as more of a pass rushing 3Tech. Either way, he fills a need and is still young.

Philon played DE when the chargers were a 3-4

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score