OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Arizona Sports 98.7.

Gambadoro reports the Suns could sign Fredette through the rest of the season. The Suns currently have an open roster spot.

The 30-year-old guard is currently playing for the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association. On Tuesday, the Sharks were eliminated from the postseason. Fredette averaged 36.9 points per game for Shanghai, the league’s top mark.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1882...rmer-byu-star-1st-round-pick-jimmer-fredette/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could add some excitement. Fredette has been out of the NBA for a few seasons.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the point?

Jimmer Fredette is 30 years old.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose if we cut Daniels this summer, he can fill a roster spot for the vet min. He is a veteran with lots of experience all over the world. The guy can shoot.

The Suns could never figure out the right way to use Daniels so perhaps you are right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the point?

Jimmer Fredette is 30 years old.

You don’t find guys that can score 37 points a game everyday - that is impressive in any league.

The point is obviously he might be instant offense off the bench.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I suppose if we cut Daniels this summer, he can fill a roster spot for the vet min. He is a veteran with lots of experience all over the world. The guy can shoot.

The problem is he can't do anything else, especially defend, and he is too slow to get his shot off against NBA competition. I wouldn't expect much. He is taking a roster because they are likely shutting down Johnson and/or Oubre for the season.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably to shut someone down and embrace the tank. Also cuz Sarver a Dbag and probably wants some Chinese jersey sales.

Cant believe hes 30 already though. Holy crap im 30 too!! What happened...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they are looking at someone from the CBA, they should consider Pierre Jackson. He is averaging 40 ppg, 9 assists, 3.4 to, 6 rb, while shooting 42% from 3. He is also getting 2.3 steals a game. Now understand this is the CBA. But those numbers are all better than Jimmer, and Pierre is younger.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Fredette has been talking about a return since November.

Fredette careers NBA career averages of 6.0 points and 34 percent shooting.

He said in November he is looking for an NBA return.

“I want to have another opportunity in the NBA because there is some unfinished business for me there,” Fredette said. “After this season is over, I want another NBA chance.”

http://amicohoops.net/suns-to-meet-with-former-first-round-pick-fredette/

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
fudge Jimmer. I hate that a-hole so much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't hate it but I don't see see the point either, unless he signs a multi-year deal. If he could be added for the final 10 games or whatever and we have the option of bringing him into next season on a low salary then I guess I'm fine with it. He can be next years Troy Daniels, but with better ball handling. I wonder if he's learned to play PG in China. I know he can shoot and even though I said his handles are better than Troy Daniels that isn't saying much. For the league minimum or slightly more I don't see much downside.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah, I am fine with this if it's a minimum deal with a team option for next year, and if he is expected to be a deep bench player.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of his personality (he’s a well known arrogant piece of ****) but considering the league is so geared towards 3pt shooting, I guess it could be worth a try.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. Going to win it all now! New #1 scorer on the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the Suns are not competing for the playoffs I'm ready to look at another player.

It's the small things that makes games more watchable.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I like the team option. Clearly the guy has some real talent and if he has improved on some of the things that hurt his chances the first time around then he could be a good rotation player, at worst

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave