Do you really think Cards would trade Rosen and turn over the QB job to Murray?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you really feel that Cards would make that move? Trading Rosen and turning the QB job over to Murray and going from there? Brett Hundley has some starting QB experience,Kanoff is likely 3rd QB clipboard holder.Hundley is not well thought on this board but how would Cards fans feel if Hundley was named Starting QB while Murray learned the ropes? Can you Murray fans handle a 1-5 start or possibly worse?
New coaching regime - anything is possible.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it the stronger mindset than was "all-in " on baseball until a month ago?More attitude to win games? WTF are you coming up with this stuff?

u decided to jump in the rosen bandwagon despite the poor plays cause u think a franchise can waste another year giving him a second chance
in the other side u think murray he is nothing special and he cant overcome his height issue
its your point, i respect it, maybe u are right, but the odds are against you

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Do you really feel that Cards would make that move? Trading Rosen and turning the QB job over to Murray and going from there? Brett Hundley has some starting QB experience,Kanoff is likely 3rd QB clipboard holder.Hundley is not well thought on this board but how would Cards fans feel if Hundley was named Starting QB while Murray learned the ropes? Can you Murray fans handle a 1-5 start or possibly worse?
He can't be any worse than that clod Rosen. Hundley is awful, we don't need 2 crummy UCLA quarterbacks.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So my question is this. Would you draft Murray and trade Rosen if you were certain (even though you could be wrong) that Murray would be as good, and possibly better, than RWilson? I would guess this has been addressed but I haven't been able to keep up with all the Murray threads...

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
u decided to jump in the rosen bandwagon despite the poor plays cause u think a franchise can waste another year giving him a second chance
in the other side u think murray he is nothing special and he cant overcome his height issue
its your point, i respect it, maybe u are right, but the odds are against you

I think the odds are against you because I doubt Murray will be more than FLutie -like in his career.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes

Why I think its going to happen (note: not a "why its a good thing" list)

1. As far out and unprecedented as it sounds -- the Cards just hired as HC the below .500 record fired coach of Texas Tech. Clearly Keim and Mike B have demonstrated they are ready to embrace and act on out of the box ideas.

2. I think that Mike B / Keim concluded that to win the NFC west with McVay's Rams, Wilson's Seahawks and Shanahan's 49ers -- they will need a dynamic offense more attuned to where the NFL is headed-- rather than a more purely from the pocket traditional offense with Rosen. It would explain KK, and by extension, Murray.

3. I think watching Russel Wilson for the last 5/6 years is influencing Keims and Mike Bs thinking.

4. Daniel Jeremiah made an excellent point: you can get 99% of the draft smokescreen benefit, but also not have Rosen twist in the wind, by affirming he is the QB, but you are open to dealing the pick and have had discussions with teams on that ---- but the team didnt. Rosen was the QB "right now".

5. its possible that the Cards have graded Murray off the charts -- and Keim is simply following best player. Its not like Murray isnt highly rated -- PFF has him #1. Most others have him the #1 or #2 QB. He did put up crazy numbers and win the Heisman.

Years ago -- the Cards had Jake Plummer as a rookie, who did some nice things. They won their last game of the season on a last sec FG that year, and as a result, fell to drafting #2. That was the Peyton Manning draft. Imagine that FG was missed and they were at #1. Do you pass on Manning because you already had Plummer? (I get, not totally comparable, and hindsight makes the answer easy).

No. You run up to take Manning.

And, if Andrew Luck was there you beat a path to the podium.

But, those two or reasonable facsimiles are not available.

And Daniel Jeremiah's mocks on the NFL Network have been nothing short of pathetic over the years.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the odds are against you because I doubt Murray will be more than FLutie -like in his career.

murray didnt play a single snap in the nfl yet

rosen did, and was terrible

but lets do like this, if someone neutral has to bet in someone talented new in the nfl or the other one considered talented but failed the first year, who would he bet on?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Its much more simple, ok look at the Suoer Bowl winners actually shall we, Brady all world speed (Not) Manning all world speed (not either of them) Warner all world speed (not) are is anyone see a pattern here. Not one and I mean Not a single one was physically gifted in the speed department. In fact no one in the Super Bowl era has been gifted in the speed department so running quarterbacks really do not stack up worth a damn when it comes to winning the Super Bowl closest was Wilson but each and single SB winner had a very good running game a good to very good Oline good receivers and a good to Great defense does anyone see the pattern here forgot one more thing the coaches weren't bad either

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its much more simple ok look at the Suoer Bowl winners actually shall we Brady all world speed (Not) Manning all world speed (not either of them) Warner all world speed (not) are is anyone see a pattern here Not one and I mean Not a single one was physically gifted in the speed department in fact no one in the Super Bowl era has been gifted in the speed department so running quarterbacks really do not stack up worth a damn when it comes to winning the Super Bowl closest was Wilson but each and single SB winner had a very good running game a good to very good Oline good receivers and a good to Great defense does anyone see the pattern here forgot one more thing the coaches weren't bad either

u talking about succesfull qb's with great field vision and super quick release

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't see that happening.

The Cardinals weren't a 3-13 team; they had an 0-16 coaching staff.

Eh...we had a horrible staff but pretty poor talent as well.

Our defense is already 3x better than last year.

The WR group had to be the worst in the NFL and the OL was horrible.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
murray didnt play a single snap in the nfl yet

rosen did, and was terrible

but lets do like this, if someone neutral has to bet in someone talented new in the nfl and other one who failed the first year, who would he bet on?

First of all betting without knowing the reasons behind the failures would be silly.Making that judgement requires knowing why things turned out the way they did.Betting blindly on a new talented short QB versus a number 1 pick with a year of experience-easy choice for the informed bettor(Rosen).

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Its takes a great defense and a balanced offense to win the Super Bowl that is simply fact that has been Proven Time and Time again

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I just don’t see the Cardinals making that 2 for 1 ...Rosen and number 1 pick vs Murray. That’s gonna take some cajones...

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I ask in a earlier thread maybe some one will answer here is it true that KK isnt even permitted to talk with anyone one the team until April 1per CBA

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eh...we had a horrible staff but pretty poor talent as well.

Our defense is already 3x better than last year.

The WR group had to be the worst in the NFL and the OL was horrible.

I think outside of a few positions, the Cardinals actually have solid talent especially at key positions.

Arians probably would have pulled a 7-9 season.