Casserly rips Josh Rosen’s work ethic, which some in Arizona refute

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NFL Network’s Charley Casserly is having an odd month assessing the Cardinals’ quarterback situation.
Fresh off his claim that potential first overall pick Kyler Murray was a disaster in Combine interviews, which was followed days later with over-the-top praise for Murray’s game tape, Casserly is now taking aim at the quarterback Murray may replace in Arizona, Josh Rosen.

Casserly said on NFL Network that he has heard Rosen’s work habits were awful during his rookie year with the Cardinals, and Casserly indicated that Rosen is going to be traded as a result.

“Doesn’t work hard enough. Doesn’t study enough. Doesn’t connect with teammates. Goes off the game plan,” Casserly said. “Josh Rosen, when you go to your new team, you find out what time the janitor comes in. Then you come in and open the place up.”

But that message was refuted by people closer to the situation. Longtime Arizona Republic journalist Kent Somers tweeted that people who have worked and studied with Rosen say his work and study habits were not a problem. Larry Fitzgerald said just days before Casserly’s comments that Rosen is a great teammate.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 2 months to go to the draft isn't Casserly doing what the Twitter Universe needs done? Outrageous generates traffic

P S. How does Twitter generate revenue? Mind boggling.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I guess the Cardinals are screwed then. Between a QB with no work ethic who disregards the game plan - and a QB with no leadership ability who can't diagnose a play on the whiteboard. They might as well just promote Kanoff now.

I guess Casserly is being paid by someone to discredit the Cards on whatever they do with the first pick?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban‏Verified account @Cardschatter
Darren Urban Retweeted Will Brinson

Had a couple people ask me about these comments. I've never heard anything like this about Rosen. Quite the contrary. Fitz speaks highly of him (http://bit.ly/2ERpBqu ) and considering year he/they had, I thought he handled himself well. Curious to know who might be saying this.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Charley seems to be having a "off" 2019.Of course controversy does generate attention and that's the name of the game.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well I guess the Cardinals are screwed then. Between a QB with no work ethic who disregards the game plan - and a QB with no leadership ability who can't diagnose a play on the whiteboard. They might as well just promote Kanoff now.
Maybe he's pushing a Haskins agenda.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

NFL Network’s Charley Casserly is having an odd month assessing the Cardinals’ quarterback situation.
Fresh off his claim that potential first overall pick Kyler Murray was a disaster in Combine interviews, which was followed days later with over-the-top praise for Murray’s game tape, Casserly is now taking aim at the quarterback Murray may replace in Arizona, Josh Rosen.

Casserly said on NFL Network that he has heard Rosen’s work habits were awful during his rookie year with the Cardinals, and Casserly indicated that Rosen is going to be traded as a result.

“Doesn’t work hard enough. Doesn’t study enough. Doesn’t connect with teammates. Goes off the game plan,” Casserly said. “Josh Rosen, when you go to your new team, you find out what time the janitor comes in. Then you come in and open the place up.”

But that message was refuted by people closer to the situation. Longtime Arizona Republic journalist Kent Somers tweeted that people who have worked and studied with Rosen say his work and study habits were not a problem. Larry Fitzgerald said just days before Casserly’s comments that Rosen is a great teammate.

There are many on this board that are not sure where we stand with Rosen. And it's also understandable that the previous regime has a lot to do with that uncertainty. We as fans, have to understand that we have the #1 pick & this kind of reporting is to be expected. They're being paid to drum up as much rhetoric as is humanly possible. We need to sit back & see how it plays out. I just hope that it's KK's call as to what QB he wants. If it's Rosen, then great. I'm all in. If it's Murray or Haskins, then great. I'm all in. Now, if they pull Vinny Testaverde out of retirement, then we're all screwed;):cool::D.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
There are many on this board that are not sure where we stand with Rosen. And it's also understandable that the previous regime has a lot to do with that uncertainty. We as fans, have to understand that we have the #1 pick & this kind of reporting is to be expected. They're being paid to drum up as much rhetoric as is humanly possible. We need to sit back & see how it plays out. I just hope that it's KK's call as to what QB he wants. If it's Rosen, then great. I'm all in. If it's Murray or Haskins, then great. I'm all in. Now, if they pull Vinny Testaverde out of retirement, then we're all screwed;):cool::D.

Now that last line gave me a nice belly laugh.Well done Sir:notworthy:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Darren Urban‏Verified account @Cardschatter
Darren Urban Retweeted Will Brinson

Had a couple people ask me about these comments. I've never heard anything like this about Rosen. Quite the contrary. Fitz speaks highly of him (http://bit.ly/2ERpBqu ) and considering year he/they had, I thought he handled himself well. Curious to know who might be saying this.

I was just about to say, I seem to recall Fitz saying good things about Josh, I think Casserly is getting a little bit senile maybe? LOL

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With all the outlets and social media these guys can only keep their job by gaining attention. No one is fact checking them. If this were legit he’d be quoting someone.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
With all the outlets and social media these guys can only keep their job by gaining attention. No one is fact checking them. If this were legit he’d be quoting someone.
What was the Mark Ywain quote? Those in the media will get the facts, then manipulate them any way they see fit for their own or others purpose.