Jermaine Gresham being released on thursday. 3/14/2019

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That’s cool Oak, but just don’t start griping when chances are it’s going to be a vastly under used draft pick. I’m just stating what I’ve seen & what K2s history shows us.
a good TE also helps the oline block better...we need a guy who can both block and catch... there are a few of those guys in this draft...a one dimensional TE doesnt really help us at all.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Good riddance, Mr. Stupid Hothead Penalty Man

If I had the skills that is the perfect set up for the old Bud Light Real Men of Genius.

We salute you, Mr. Stupid Hothead Penalty Man. Your clip was 30 yards behind the play and negated a Fitz touchdown. Here's to you. Mr. Stupid Hothead Penalty Man.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one positive of having so much dead money is that the Cardinals will have a good bit of cap open next year.

Aren’t they projected to have like 90 million next year?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dead money counts against the cap, so you subtract it from the total cap and that's the effective amount teams have to spend.
Thought you said it would help for next year.

BTW:

T E

Name: Kaden Smith

Position: Tight end

School: Stanford

Height/weight: 6-foot-4, 252 pounds

Year: Junior

Pros: “Not afraid of going up across the middle and exposing his body to shots. Has elite adjustment abilities for a tight end and can twist and contort frame to get to inaccurate balls up and away from him. Locates the ball’s flight path and will play bully ball to get to it.” (Benjamin Solak, The Draft Network)

Cons: “Not a good route runner yet in his young development. Can take far too many stutter steps at the top of the route, or fail to lace any deceit whatsoever into route stem. Expects his size/athleticism to win him the leverage battle to the catch point.” (Benjamin Solak, The Draft Network)

Projection: Third round

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gresham was a total bust. Simply collected a paycheck...left his heart somewhere else.
Sad thing is he'll probably wake up after being cut and become solid again...you can see he's got it, but never pushed for excellence.
Cardinals got film flamed

Good take...The crazy thing is Gresham really is talented, it just never really translated in AZ.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys realize we haven't had a solid pass catching TE on this team since Jackie Smith? Yes Jay Novacek and Robert Awalt had a couple of good seasons but they were grossly underused then let go. But it's been over 40 years since we've had a consistent TE.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Darren Urban‏Verified account @Cardschatter 1m1 minute ago
Darren Urban Retweeted Adam Schefter

Gresham is due $6.25M in salary this season. Cards have signed Charles Clay at the position, brought back Ricky Seals-Jones, and this tight end draft class has some good prospects.
Has RSJ officially been brought back? Last I read earlier on my cardinals app, it said they had tendered him an offer but no word as to whether he would accept it or not? Also, by releasing Gresham, will it save any money for the cap this season, if so how much? They were at 39 million before suggs & he isn't officially signed yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave