How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So, they had to throw the ball......hmmmmmmmmmmmm...very interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Rushing Yds in SB Winning year and career high rushing yds:

Staubach 210/343
Young 213/537
Elway 218/309 and 94/309
Rodgers 356/369
Wilson 539/849

Yep scramblers vs runners.

Wilson had over twice as many attempts over 3/4.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just looked up the passing numbers on Vick & Murray.

In their final college season, Vick averaged 16 pass attempts per game and 10 rushing attempts per game. Murray averaged 27 pass attempts per game and 10 rushing attempts per game. The reason Murray had more rushing attempts overall for the season is Vick only played 10 games (104 attempts) whereas Murray played 14 games (140 attempts).

Murray runs the ball 27% of the time whereas Vick runs the ball 38% of the time. Lamar Jackson was also around 37% for running the ball during his last two years at Louisville. He averaged about 19 rushes per game compared to 32 passes per game.

For their careers, Mahomes ran the ball 19% of the time in college and Mayfield ran the ball about 20% of the time in college. So it looks like Murray at 27% is in between the likes of Mahomes/Mayfield and the likes of Vick/Jackson.

Johnny Manziel ran the ball about 28% of the time during his college career. He is the best comparison for Kyler at 27%.

Vick played 12 games, which means Vick still ran less.

Vick also played in a dinosaur offense under Frank Beamer.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Vick played 12 games, which means Vick still ran less.

Vick also played in a dinosaur offense under Frank Beamer.

I was comparing their final year of college. Vick played 12 games the previous year and 10 games the final year. Here are the stats. 131 rushes in 12 games is almost 11 attempts per game. 104 rushes in 10 games the final year. As I said, 10 per game that final year (compared to 16 pass attempts per game that year).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/michael-vick-1.html

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Lol @ those that say Murray isn’t a running QB

He's not to the extent of a Lamar Jackson. That's shown by the percentage of run vs. pass in their college careers. Johnny Manziel is the best comparison for Murray.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen is a statue whose decision making is slow & needs maximum protection to be successful. The statues like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady can’t run a lick, but they get rid of the ball & make good decisions as to where it’s going.
Rosen does need time to throw just as manning & Brady did. If he doesn't perform with a better off line next season then they should move on. Drafting Murray would be either 100% right or a total bust, I see no in between there. The Cardinals just have way too many needs to draft another QB & that tells me they should just keep Rosen & give him a chance with a better OL. I see what you're saying about Murray though, I would be sick to my stomach if we traded the pick to the raiders, they choose Murray, he lights up the league & with an improved team Rosen proves to not be a starter next yr.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Rosen does need time to throw just as manning & Brady did. If he doesn't perform with a better off line next season then they should move on. Drafting Murray would be either 100% right or a total bust, I see no in between there. The Cardinals just have way too many needs to draft another QB & that tells me they should just keep Rosen & give him a chance with a better OL. I see what you're saying about Murray though, I would be sick to my stomach if we traded the pick to the raiders, they choose Murray, he lights up the league & with an improved team Rosen proves to not be a starter next yr.

The thing is whatever Murray does, by whoever drafts him means nothing. It is all about the situation, if he busts with that team doesn't mean he busts with us. If he booms with that team doesn't mean he would boom with us. Does Tom Brady become TB12 if we would have drafted him? I doubt it, but no way to say for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA