Good article on why we should stick with Rosen

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are not drafting Murray. I was starting to fall for the hype. This team can become pretty respectable with the right free agency moves and a smart draft. Not saying playoffs but we can reach 8-8.
I'm with you on that 8-8 considering the key pieces are drafted/signed? 8-8 with being listed as "in the hunt" for a wild card spot & losing several games that was just in reach to win only to lose in the closing moments. God i hated to type that last part, the nail biter games I'm so nervous watching & get really pissed off when they lose the close ones.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I'm with you on that 8-8 considering the key pieces are drafted/signed? 8-8 with being listed as "in the hunt" for a wild card spot & losing several games that was just in reach to win only to lose in the closing moments. God i hated to type that last part, the nail biter games I'm so nervous watching & get really pissed off when they lose the close ones.

why should 8-8 be the goal? we were 8-8 with Bruce Arians and half of this message board was glad he retired.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
why should 8-8 be the goal? we were 8-8 with Bruce Arians and half of this message board was glad he retired.
Oh trust me I want more than 8-8, I was just agreeing with what Shane said referencing another poster saying our record will be bad next yr, not the exact words for I would have to go back & look but it's something like that. Hell no, I want more than 8-8 but we gotta add the right pieces first. 8-8 next season would be amazing after what we endured last season, the people wanting BA to retire after an 8-8 season were comparing that to the records from 2015 & 2016. Walk before we crawl lol.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"He’s extremely confident and not in a bad way," Fitzgerald said. "He’s able to forget very quickly a bad play, a bad decision. He’s really good at being able to put things behind him. He’s a great teammate. Really insightful. Just great to be around. He’s somebody who is really trying to learn, always. He’s inquisitive about life. And people like that usually find a way to be successful because they put the effort in. He’s got some talented guys around him that are going to help continue to make plays for him.

"I think he’s going to be just fine.”

Larry Fitzgerald

Fitz is like the greatest person ever, so let's be honest here. He'd have similar words for Charles Manson if he played for the Cardinals. LOL.

Reaction score
''Rosen never lost his toughness in the pocket. Many QBs—even veterans—playing behind an O-line like Arizona’s would have started seeing ghosts and getting jittery, but Rosen did not. He consistently kept his eyes downfield and maintained his throwing posture. That sort of pocket toughness is, besides intelligence and throwing accuracy, as critical a trait as an NFL QB can have. Most NFL coaches privately say that it’s what has made Tom Brady.''

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to big things with Rosen.

Not buying into all the drama.

Looking back to another former 6'4" UCLA QB whose rookie season went like this:

11 Games Started. 0-11. Completed 155 of 293 attempts (52.9%) for 1,749 yards. 9 TD's. 18 INT's.

Rosen's stats are better than that despite horrible coaching (which literally shut him down in certain games).

Rosen:

13 Games Started. 3-10. Completed 217 of 393 attempts (55.2%) for 2,278 yards. 11 TD's. 14 INT's.

That other QB won 3 SB's and was a 6 time Pro Bowler.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to big things with Rosen.

Not buying into all the drama.

Looking back to another former 6'4" UCLA QB whose rookie season went like this:

11 Games Started. 0-11. Completed 155 of 293 attempts (52.9%) for 1,749 yards. 9 TD's. 18 INT's.

Rosen's stats are better than that despite horrible coaching (which literally shut him down in certain games).

Rosen:

13 Games Started. 3-10. Completed 217 of 393 attempts (55.2%) for 2,278 yards. 11 TD's. 14 INT's.

That other QB won 3 SB's and was a 6 time Pro Bowler.
That's a good comparison...they say Rosen can't succeed without help, basically doesn't lift a team on his own...IMO Aikman was the same....with a supporting cast he was a good QB, but even he never put up Gaudy stats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team can be great within two years. It happens all the time. We just have to succeed in free agency and can't be fooling around with our top round picks anymore. No more room for busts. We've had more than our share at the top of the draft in recent years. (Well, let's be fair. They're not busts, they're all still in the league and are active, just not superstars).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s not. He will be a Cardinal.

He may not be though...I fully believe that the Cardinals would love to add two additional picks for trading down.

This draft has a ton of really good defensive players. Even adding Brian Burns would help this defense out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. We'd be idiots to not take Bosa over Williams. Complete idiots.

I disagree. A solid nose tackle is just as important as a solid edge rusher. I don't watch a lot of college football but the whole injury history thing turns me off of Bosa.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may not be though...I fully believe that the Cardinals would love to add two additional picks for trading down.

This draft has a ton of really good defensive players. Even adding Brian Burns would help this defense out.
I know what you’re saying. But don’t look at this like a one year plan which honestly it can’t be. With the cap space we have we should be able to sign a good inside lb, a good olineman ( maybe two ) and a decent veteran outside wr. We take Bosa. He would set the defense up to what Joseph’s envisions. Of course we have the rest of the draft too. If you look at a two year plan that gives us another draft and another round of free agency with a ton of cap space. We shouldn’t pass on the best defensive player in the draft that fills a huge need this year and years to come.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

God, with Keim’s 1st round track record, I would laugh to eternity if he missed on multiple 1st round picks in the same draft.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. A solid nose tackle is just as important as a solid edge rusher. I don't watch a lot of college football but the whole injury history thing turns me off of Bosa.

We'll agree to disagree. I do watch a ton of college football. From a technical standpoint, Bosa is one of best pass rushers ever to come out of college. He has all the tools. His injuries are not of the chronic variety, so you have to run to the podium & draft him. Unless of course, KK can't live without Murray. But, if it comes down to Bosa or Williams, you go Bosa.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Gambo is wrong a lot though so hard for me to be confident just because he said it. Remember he said Kingsbury was still in NY when he was in AZ.
Gambo is about 50/50, but he does have sources w/in the organization. Now, that does not mean that he isn’t being used as an enabler in this smokescrey.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson