ROB: Mosley....AND Suggs

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt on Mosley. However it appears PO rushed the passer a bit more and did he play all three downs?

If he played all downs and had half the tackles, that's not a good sign, IMO. A few more sacks doesn't make it up as an ILB. As an OLB, yes.

2018 was his first year starting:
You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this is true it all but confirms Murray is the pick.

They would not be looking to sign Suggs, if they planned on drafting Bosa.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mosley Career stats:
You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is true it all but confirms Murray is the pick.

They would not be looking to sign Suggs, if they planned on drafting Bosa.
Quinnen Williams.

And you cant go into the year with only jones and bosa, you need more than 2 OLBs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quinnen Williams.

And you cant go into the year with only jones and bosa, you need more than 2 OLBs.

At #1? No I don't think so - maybe at 4 if you could get the Raiders to trade up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At #1? No I don't think so - maybe at 4 if you could get the Raiders to trade up.

Sure.

But if Quinnen is your best player, you take him when you can. You don't take someone who will not improve your team, like murray, at #1 just because you have a #1 pick. You take your #1 player that fits your team the most.

Trading to 4th could mean you lost out on Bosa AND Williams, then what?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mosley should be our target . He is young , durable and we could plug him in and not worry about that position for the next 4 years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All for this. Mosley is my most coveted free agent. I don't care if he's a little deficient against the pass, the current talent level of our linebackers is pretty much akin to a JV squad playing in Bisbee.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All for this. Mosley is my most coveted free agent. I don't care if he's a little deficient against the pass, the current talent level of our linebackers is pretty much akin to a JV squad playing in Bisbee.
I so agree. Draft Bosa, Mosley added to Chandler and Reddick and suddenly we have a formidable linebacking corp.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If we sign Suggs that is no sign of us not drafting Bosa, Suggs is a Band-Aid not a long term fix and at this point in his career he is a situational player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure.

But if Quinnen is your best player, you take him when you can. You don't take someone who will not improve your team, like murray, at #1 just because you have a #1 pick. You take your #1 player that fits your team the most.

Trading to 4th could mean you lost out on Bosa AND Williams, then what?

I would most likely trade down again.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bosa to AZ talk is beyond dumb
Anyone here talking about Bosa as a choice for the Cardinals knows NOTHING about defense....NOTHING
Learn...
1 Cardinals announced they are 100% a 3-4 defense
2. Bosa is a 100% 4-3 DE
3. You HONESTLY think the Cardinals are going to pick a guy that DOES NOT play an actual position in their defense
4. This would amount to drafting a offensive full back and you don't use a full back in your offense.
They have the 1st stinking pick in the draft (for a reason)....you pick the best player to HELP your team...and Bosa is 100% NOT THAT GUY.
Wake up!
The GM and HC would have to have rocks for brains to do that....like the GM and HC who drafted Leonard Davis and moved him from guard in college to tackle in the pros...if you don't know...it didn't work out...till Davis went to Dallas and they put him at (get this) guard where he was...OMG All-Pro every year.
Then again Keim has drafted a WR to play CB and drafted a CB who played CB one year in his life...also paid a safety the highest contract ever by a safety the day the safety came out of his second ACL surgery.
If I'm putting my money on it...the Cardinals are drafting Josh Allen. He is a perfect 3-4 DE...had 17 sacks last season and can drop into coverage VERY well...he'd take on TE's as well with ease....try doing that with Bosa (insert laughter).
Bet the house if the cardinals use the pick it's 95% shot it's Allen...with about a 5% shot it being Murray.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Anyone here talking about Bosa as a choice for the Cardinals knows NOTHING about defense....NOTHING
Learn...
2. Bosa is a 100% 4-3 DE
3. You HONESTLY think the Cardinals are going to pick a guy that DOES NOT play an actual position in their defense
4. This would amount to drafting a offensive guard and moving him to tackle
They have the 1st stinking pick in the draft....you pick the best player to HELP your team...and Bosa is 100% NOT THAT GUY.
Wake up!

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/15/nfl-draft-nick-bosa-43-34-defense/

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Suggs would be most similar to when we sign Dwight Freeney, Freeney was 35 when we had him, Suggs will be 36. Freeney had only 1 job, create pressure on the QB, he had 8 sacks and NINE tackles total in 11 games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learn...
2. Bosa is a 100% 4-3 DE
4. This would amount to drafting a offensive guard and moving him to tackle
They have the 1st stinking pick in the draft....you pick the best player to HELP your team...and Bosa is 100% NOT THAT GUY.
Wake up!
The GM and HC would have to have rocks for brains to do that....like the GM and HC who drafted Leonard Davis and moved him from guard in college to tackle in the pros...if you don't know...it didn't work out...till Davis went to Dallas and they put him at (get this) guard where he was...OMG All-Pro every year.
Then again Keim has drafted a WR to play CB and drafted a CB who played CB one year in his life...also paid a safety the highest contract ever by a safety the day the safety came out of his second ACL surgery.

you think your arrogance has helped you in life?

I don't want Bosa but you are totally wrong and your tone about it is repugnant.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Assuming someone wants to. its not like there is always a taker to trade up.
This. I don't know why people always seem to ignore the other dance partner.

If there's no one we want to pick, why are you assuming someone else wants to move up to that spot?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Learn...
2. Bosa is a 100% 4-3 DE
4. This would amount to drafting a offensive full back and you don't use a full back in your offense.
They have the 1st stinking pick in the draft (for a reason)....you pick the best player to HELP your team...and Bosa is 100% NOT THAT GUY.
Wake up!

I think you should know a lot more about the topic if you choose to act hysterically to all other.

You are wrong on all your points.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why is pass defense your top priority for a ILB? I am more worried about our ILBs run defense.

It's not...it's just that, ILBs are asked to cover more and more in the modern NFL game.

If Littleton was not an RFA, he'd be the guy you want. He's great in coverage .

Preston Brown is better in coverage, good against the run, and should cost half as much as Mosley.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

This is so wrong, Davis played Tackle at Texas, he play guard for the Cards and then injuries forced him to play LT. He then moved back to guard (no pro-bowls) and then Denny Green moved him to LT. Now if you said he was a great guard in Dallas because he had the best o-line to play with, that would be correct. IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave