sleepers

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
This Kyler Murray thing has my panties in a bunch so I'm choosing to focus on other aspects of the draft.
In particular, later round gems/sleepers.
One of mine is Michael Jordan (OG) from Ohio State. He's projected anywhere from the bottom of the 2nd to the 6th.
He played all 4 years for the buckeyes starting as a true freshman (unheard of for OL at OSU). I don't remember him ever being injured (sound familiar?).
He switched from guard to center as Ohio State tends to do with their best interior linemen.
He didn't do a great job at center. The issue was mostly erratic snaps. That said, he was lights out as a guard before that. He's more of a power guy and that may not be the best fit for the air raid I keep hearing about but he's going to be solid for some team for a long time.
To me this is a Mason Cole kinda guy, durable and a solid interior blocker. If he's there at the top of the 4th and we have't gone interior OL, I'd snap him up.

Who are you guys hoping for in the later rounds?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure how much of a real sleepers these are after the combine.

1.Kahale Warring TE (San Diego State)6`5 252-fast,big,athletic raw TE still learning football skills

2.John Cominsky DE-DT (Charleston) 6`5 286-good athletic ability,aggressive,hard worker,solid run defender.Needs coaching to develop more pass rush skills.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This Kyler Murray thing has my panties in a bunch so I'm choosing to focus on other aspects of the draft.
In particular, later round gems/sleepers.
One of mine is Michael Jordan (OG) from Ohio State. He's projected anywhere from the bottom of the 2nd to the 6th.
He played all 4 years for the buckeyes starting as a true freshman (unheard of for OL at OSU). I don't remember him ever being injured (sound familiar?).
He switched from guard to center as Ohio State tends to do with their best interior linemen.
He didn't do a great job at center. The issue was mostly erratic snaps. That said, he was lights out as a guard before that. He's more of a power guy and that may not be the best fit for the air raid I keep hearing about but he's going to be solid for some team for a long time.
To me this is a Mason Cole kinda guy, durable and a solid interior blocker. If he's there at the top of the 4th and we have't gone interior OL, I'd snap him up.

Who are you guys hoping for in the later rounds?

I say we add Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson. We should be able to get the king of pop pretty late as his stock is really tumbling right now!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wr. Andy Isabella. Small guy , fast, quick change of direction can stop on a dime and give 9 cents change. Great for bubble screens, jet sweeps etc. this little guy is electric. Btw 4.33 in the 40 .

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every draft, we hear the old saw that "there are no sleepers anywhere" only to find out later that guys we never heard of were starring in the NFL.

But IMO "this year is different" (really)!

Reason: Technology...Media...Digital...Internet - gives the industrious draft follower access to a ridiculous amount of info. (Ask yourself - with over a month till draft day, how many mock drafts from a ton of sources have you seen already)? How much attention is being devoted to timing ten-yard splits?

Makes it really tough for any unknown prospect to slip thru the cracks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Every draft, we hear the old saw that "there are no sleepers anywhere" only to find out later that guys we never heard of were starring in the NFL.

But IMO "this year is different" (really)!

Reason: Technology...Media...Digital...Internet - gives the industrious draft follower access to a ridiculous amount of info. (Ask yourself - with over a month till draft day, how many mock drafts from a ton of sources have you seen already)? How much attention is being devoted to timing ten-yard splits?

Makes it really tough for any unknown prospect to slip thru the cracks.
true...but they do...wasnt antonio brown a fifth round pick?? Nobody looked at his college career and combine tapes and said..."This guy is going to be the best in the nfl"

this is where I see sleepers coming in...guys who for some reason are going to be better in the pros than they were in college.....it happens every season,...some kid who isnt good enough to get drafted makes a team, and contributes right away to the teams success... there are lots of them in the nfl.

as for the draft...my "sleeper" pick is Miles Boykin from ND....I think he is going to be far more productive in the nfl than he was at ND..the kid has it all, but only put up stats in his senior year at ND due mostly to scheme and poor QB play IMO...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
David Sills, WR, WVU
6' 3" 211
4.57 40
37.5" vertical

Career College Stats (3 years)
132 catches 2097 yards 15.9 yds per catch 35 TDs

To me he looked really smooth in the WR drills I watched. Still learning to be a WR as he was recruited as a QB but has some skill already. Probably a mid-late round guy but could be very good in Kingsbury's offense.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
David Sills, WR, WVU
6' 3" 211
4.57 40
37.5" vertical

Career College Stats (3 years)
132 catches 2097 yards 15.9 yds per catch 35 TDs

To me he looked really smooth in the WR drills I watched. Still learning to be a WR as he was recruited as a QB but has some skill already. Probably a mid-late round guy but could be very good in Kingsbury's offense.

that's a lot of TD catches.His NFL.com writeup says he is a good RED ZONE wr.Clutch guy.Definitely worth a Mid-round solid WR pick.Like it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ben Banogu 6' 3" 250. I think he would make a good replacement for Golden if he leaves. I'm not sure where he projects to be drafted, but I think top of the fourth he would be a steal.

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Hunter Renfrow WR from Clemson, not an incredible athlete but super smart, coachable and loves to play. (oh and he catches EVERYTHING)

Had to walk on and everyone thought he was a joke but he ended up being a big piece in that offence, always seemed to be involved in the biggest plays including 2 national title games! (caught game winning TD from Deshaun Watson)

Hoped we could get him in the 4th round but attention is building and may have a chance with the first pick in the 3rd

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wr. Andy Isabella. Small guy , fast, quick change of direction can stop on a dime and give 9 cents change. Great for bubble screens, jet sweeps etc. this little guy is electric. Btw 4.33 in the 40 .

I have watched Andy play since he was in 7th grade. I would be excited to draft him. He is a great guy and would be an excellent addition.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few mocks that have Riley Ridley falling to the Cards in round 3. Not sure if you’d count him as a sleeper but his stock is down for some reason and getting him in the 3rd would be epic.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Hunter Renfrow WR from Clemson, not an incredible athlete but super smart, coachable and loves to play. (oh and he catches EVERYTHING)

Had to walk on and everyone thought he was a joke but he ended up being a big piece in that offence, always seemed to be involved in the biggest plays including 2 national title games! (caught game winning TD from Deshaun Watson)

Hoped we could get him in the 4th round but attention is building and may have a chance with the first pick in the 3rd

Really brah? Really?