2019 Arizona Diamondbacks Season Predictions

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have zero faith in Godley, Ray and any other starter not named Greinke. And I have no idea who our ultimate closer will be.
I have zero faith in Lamb. I can't figure out if we'll be even equal to our production from last season at the catcher position.
My gut is that we may have already seen the best offensive season from Marte (hope I'm wrong!).
Will Peralta equal his output from last year? Doubt it.
Wilmer Flores?? Eeesh...
Will Souza actually show up this season? And if he does, what would that look like?? At best, I see 15 HR's and 70 RBI, while batting .250.

I've heard a few folks getting a little giddy about a possible Tomas resurrection... LMAO.

I'll go with a guess of 72 wins this season... and that is being extremely generous! My guess is that come the trade deadline, Greinke and Ray will be shipped out.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Sadly, 68. Even the players we'd count on the most are marginal, each with their own limitations, for various reasons.

I expect a decent year from Peralta, but not enough to carry the offense.

And Greinke and Ray will probably not be consistently good enough to carry the starting pitching.

And Archie to carry the bullpen? Even with his fingernail healed, he is a one-pitch pitcher with an OK second pitch and trying a third.

With Lamb's history of folding in the second half, I expect the first half to be our better stretch. Then it will be downhill.

It is disappointing to think . . . as goes Lamb, so go the D-backs.

It should be remembered that a key to winning is not being good. It is being consistently better than your opponent on any given night.

The numbers under "R" are all that matter.

thrustrev

Reaction score
IMO we only have 2 consistent hitters that we can count on; Peralta and Escobar. Otherwise let's hope the rest can pull a rabbit out of their hat and make us competitive somehow.

Maybe someone other than Greinke will emerge and have a great (fluke) year like Ian Kennedy did in 2011

77 is my best guess this year. (10 below 500)

EDIT: I have changed my 71 to 77 because of the Adam Jones addition.

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
68 wins. I think that there will be a major sell off at the trade deadline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave