Keim - Regrets not Drafting Wilson - Redemption?

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. Wilson was a starter for multiple years in college, has a better build and as short as he is he is STILL taller than Murray.

What we really need is another dozen Murray threads. The draft can’t come soon enough.

This didn't age well...

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weird, I watch the kid, listen to his interviews and I still don’t get the hype. Sure, he is going to be good in the right system, with the right coaches, but I don’t see this #1 draft pick some of you see.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird, I watch the kid, listen to his interviews and I still don’t get the hype. Sure, he is going to be good in the right system, with the right coaches, but I don’t see this #1 draft pick some of you see.

I liked the kid interview, looks genuine and he doesnt like to send words just to impress, he knows he has the field to impress people
Certainly he doesnt need to say
"Nine mistakes were made ahead of me" and then offering a crappy show on the field

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
can't give up on Rosen, the whole team sucked last year!

True, but he didn't look good when he had the chance to throw. He basically did not show he has the aptitude to be a quality NFL QB. He wasn't particularly stellar in college, either. Not saying he won't turn out to be good, but Kyler Murray had a phenomenal college career and lit up Alabama's defense which is pretty dang close to an NFL style defense.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I was curious, so I looked up Wilsons combine results, height & weight. He was 70.63 inches tall (5' 10-5/8") and 204 pounds. So 1/2" taller and 3 pounds lighter. At least that's the numbers I found.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
True, but he didn't look good when he had the chance to throw. He basically did not show he has the aptitude to be a quality NFL QB. He wasn't particularly stellar in college, either. Not saying he won't turn out to be good, but Kyler Murray had a phenomenal college career and lit up Alabama's defense which is pretty dang close to an NFL style defense.

“Having a productive college career and a Heisman Trophy helped me in the NFL”

Tim Tebow

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

1 year is not a college career. It was a good one year though. Nor did he "light up" Alabamas Defense in the Orange Bowl. He had a good 2nd half but struggled mightily in the 1st half. And was nearly killed by a NFL DE in Q Williams

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1 year is not a college career. It was a good one year though. Nor did he "light up" Alabamas Defense in the Orange Bowl. He had a good 2nd half but struggled mightily in the 1st half. And was nearly killed by a NFL DE in Q Williams

300+ yards passing 2 TD's and 0 picks against ALABAMA. How do you think Rosen would have done against Alabama? ESPN broadcasters during that game said that Murray was the best player on the field in that game, including both teams. 42 TD'S VS 7 picks against some elite competition, dude is the real deal.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked the kid interview, looks genuine and he doesnt like to send words just to impress, he knows he has the field to impress people
"Nine mistakes were made ahead of me" and then offering a crappy show on the field

Not the context of my statement, as I did not see Rosen as a #1 pick either. I did see Mayfield and Mahomes as #1 picks though, I felt confident that they could transcend mediocre coaching, haven’t felt/seen ‘that’ ephemeral quality in Murray yet.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was curious, so I looked up Wilsons combine results, height & weight. He was 70.63 inches tall (5' 10-5/8") and 204 pounds. So 1/2" taller and 3 pounds lighter. At least that's the numbers I found.
He was a natural 204, though, with a frame that has allowed him to get even bigger today. Murray won't be able to do the same...his frame won't allow it, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
300+ yards passing 2 TD's and 0 picks against ALABAMA. How do you think Rosen would have done against Alabama? ESPN broadcasters during that game said that Murray was the best player on the field in that game, including both teams. 42 TD'S VS 7 picks against some elite competition, dude is the real deal.

Yeah stats stats stats. They aren't the end all be all. He also ran a bunch to pick up key 1st downs. Idk if he will be doing that as well in the NFL. Do you?

And I wasn't talking about Rosen. But on that team, with that coach? Pretty well i would say.

Saying he lit them up is a stretch imo. He didn't even win the game.

Edit: also threw atleadt 2 passes that should have been intercepted and would be in the NFL

TJ

Reaction score
Not even remotely the same player, stop being incredulous.

You sure about that?

~Both were DT-QBs in college

~Both QBs had completion %s of 66% or more for their college careers (though Tebow did it starting three full seasons to Murray's one)

~Both won the Heisman after having amassed 50+ total TDs for the season (Tebow 55 TDs, Murray 54 TDs)

~Both entered the combine with significant red flags (Tebow with mechanics, Murray with physical size and stature)

~WILD CARD - both have a baseball background.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ok here someone is questioning murray college career
he was just 1 year wonder, but he has been a star in high school and last season as the only one as starter was the most effective player in college, beating records and leading his team to 12 win

rosen in 3 years has like a 17/ 15 record and with not very good stats in terms of completed passes
honestly didnt know why the guy got the hype to get drafted so early

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
ok here someone is questioning murray college career
ok,he was just 1 year wonder, but he has been a star in high school and last season as the only one as starter was the most effective player in college, beating record and leading his team to 12 win

rosen in 3 years has like a 17/ 15 record and with not very good stats in terms of completed pass
honestly didnt know why the guy got the hype to get drafted so early
Rosen was also a star at St John Bosco, one of the best HS FB teams on the west coast. Rosen was also a 5-star recruit.

Rosen's record in college has more to do with the talent and coaching around him than Rosen himself. Rosen had a new OC every season at UCLA. Jim Mora jr. had numerous recruiting misses, particularly on defense, and Mora as a coach is only a notch above Steve Wilks in terms of coaching prowess. On top of that, Mora is a jackass, which explains why no one is knocking down his door for a coaching position at any level

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You sure about that?

~Both were DT-QBs in college

~Both QBs had completion %s of 66% or more for their college careers (though Tebow did it starting three full seasons to Murray's one)

~Both won the Heisman after having amassed 50+ total TDs for the season (Tebow 55 TDs, Murray 54 TDs)

~Both entered the combine with significant red flags (Tebow with mechanics, Murray with physical size and stature)

~WILD CARD - both have a baseball background.

What college QB doesn't enter the draft w/out red flags? I haven't heard the Teebow comparison to Murray at all. You could find similarities with a lot of QB's if you looked hard enough. To me, they are completely different players.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah stats stats stats. They aren't the end all be all. He also ran a bunch to pick up key 1st downs. Idk if he will be doing that as well in the NFL. Do you?

And I wasn't talking about Rosen. But on that team, with that coach? Pretty well i would say.

Saying he lit them up is a stretch imo. He didn't even win the game.

Edit: also threw atleadt 2 passes that should have been intercepted and would be in the NFL

Alabama is about as good as a benchmark to an NFL team as you can get and Murray did fine for a young kid. I find nothing in Rosen's career that compares to the magnitute that Murray did last year at Oklahoma.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen was also a star at St John Bosco, one of the best HS FB teams on the west coast. Rosen was also a 5-star recruit.

Rosen's record in college has more to do with the talent and coaching around him than Rosen himself. Rosen had a new OC every season at UCLA. Jim Mora jr. had numerous recruiting misses, particularly on defense, and Mora as a coach is only a notch above Steve Wilks in terms of coaching prowess. On top of that, Mora is a jackass, which explains why no one is knocking down his door for a coaching position at any level
its a coincidence?
its the same wherever he goes, he struggle cause the lack of talent around him and coaches

TJ

Reaction score
its a coincidence?
its the same wherever he goes, he struggle cause the lack of talent around him and coaches

If you want to argue your position that Steve Wilks and Jim Mora Jr. are good coaches and true evaluators of talent, I'm up for the debate. But I think you're smart enough to know that isn't the case.

Besides, Josh didn't struggle at UCLA.

TJ

Reaction score
What college QB doesn't enter the draft w/out red flags? I haven't heard the Teebow comparison to Murray at all. You could find similarities with a lot of QB's if you looked hard enough. To me, they are completely different players.

I didn't have to look that hard, did I? I'm not comparing him to Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning.

I would say the biggest difference is Tebow had his successes in the SEC, which is loaded with top-notch defensive talent; whereas, Murray did so against Big-12 defenses, which are nothing to rave about.

There are other comparisons, but Tebow and Murray are closer than you want to admit.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
its a coincidence?

Not only was Rosen a 5 star recruit but he was THE best ranked QB coming out of HS. He hasn't had near the talent nor coaching around him. That is just facts you cant dispute.

Why didn't Murray dominate at TT? He didn't even win the starting job. Rosen did well at UCLA with what he had to work with. He has been the hands down starter everywhere hes been. Coincidence?

Your saying Rosen sucks because of one year in the Pros but Murray is the truth for 1 year in college. Your contradicting yourself bro.

Murray may turn out to be good but I dont see him as a world beater like you and others. If there is a gap in talent either way i dont think it will be by much. It's not about Rosen vs Murray. Its about smart decision vs dumb decisions. No to picking him over a dominating defender. No to a smaller stature QB who has a bigger chance to bust. No to trading Rosen for peanuts. No to an $8mil cap hit when we need it for FA. No to drafting a QB in a weak QB class and missing out on the strength of this draft in D lineman and WRs. Both are huge needs for this team. Kiem may be an idiot sometimes but even he is not stupid enough to pull off that move.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only was Rosen a 5 star recruit but he was THE best ranked QB coming out of HS. He hasn't had near the talent nor coaching around him. That is just facts you cant dispute.

Why didn't Murray dominate at TT? He didn't even win the starting job. Rosen did well at UCLA with what he had to work with. He has been the hands down starter everywhere hes been. Coincidence?

Your saying Rosen sucks because of one year in the Pros but Murray is the truth for 1 year in college. Your contradicting yourself bro.

Murray may turn out to be good but I dont see him as a world beater like you and others. If there is a gap in talent either way i dont think it will be by much. It's not about Rosen vs Murray. Its about smart decision vs dumb decisions. No to picking him over a dominating defender. No to a smaller stature QB who has a bigger chance to bust. No to trading Rosen for peanuts. No to an $8mil cap hit when we need it for FA. No to drafting a QB in a weak QB class and missing out on the strength of this draft in D lineman and WRs. Both are huge needs for this team. Kiem may be an idiot sometimes but even he is not stupid enough to pull off that move.
no im coherent
its the opposite, i can judge just year of murray college football, because 14 matches are enough to see his stellar talent and playmaking abilility, the quick feet to overcome from a collapsed task and extend plays, which will be the future of the position, makin accurate throws in the pocket and outside of it, like mahomes

in the other side i saw rosen struggling, and i know he is not totally his fault but the guy, even if he apparently displayed some confidence, regressed during the year and his accuracy issues are difficult to ignore