Keim - Regrets not Drafting Wilson - Redemption?

hahawhothat

Reaction score
Whoa, slow down on the posting there!!! First post in 8.5 years!! Stick around.
I watch and monitor the board on a daily basis. Been around over 20 plus years. Original name was j49erwil look it up. Grew up watching cards at East high school. Huge Rosen fan. Followed Rosen since high school and thru UCLA. I believe he is a franchise quarter back. I just saying... If the cards believe in Kliff and committed to giving him the best "possible" tools to work with. Kliff legitmately loves Kyler. No knock on Rosen at all. Kliff salivates when talking about Kyler. Kliff could have recruited Rosen in high school but he didnt. Coaches recruit players who fit what they like to do. Don't for one second minimize the agent connection. It allows Kliff and Kyler to communicate privately thru agent. (LeBron and AD clutch sports). If cards don't have the offensive success which is what they hired him for.... Do they really want Kliff to start out his Cards coaching career with a quarterback that yes KK can work with and potentially do a real good job. Or do they get Kliff what he has chased and admired for years? I know what I would do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch and monitor the board on a daily basis. Been around over 20 plus years. Original name was j49erwil look it up. Grew up watching cards at East high school. Huge Rosen fan. Followed Rosen since high school and thru UCLA. I believe he is a franchise quarter back. I just saying... If the cards believe in Kliff and committed to giving him the best "possible" tools to work with. Kliff legitmately loves Kyler. No knock on Rosen at all. Kliff salivates when talking about Kyler. Kliff could have recruited Rosen in high school but he didnt. Coaches recruit players who fit what they like to do. Don't for one second minimize the agent connection. It allows Kliff and Kyler to communicate privately thru agent. (LeBron and AD clutch sports). If cards don't have the offensive success which is what they hired him for.... Do they really want Kliff to start out his Cards coaching career with a quarterback that yes KK can work with and potentially do a real good job. Or do they get Kliff what he has chased and admired for years? I know what I would do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Man, I cant believe your nexus 5x still works.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
With each passing day I become more excited about the idea of Kyler Murray being a Cardinal. Imagine if NY or Jacksonville we’re willing to part with the #6 or #7 pick for Rosen and potentially more...Two top 10 picks for the Cardinals including a qb that I believe will be a star in the nfl.

Why would teams at 6 & 7 agree to that trade for Rosen? He was a #10 pick and his performance last season was horrible. I would think his trade value is not very good right now. But I also think a good QB coach can turn things around for him, similar to McVay with Goff.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would teams at 6 & 7 agree to that trade for Rosen? He was a #10 pick and his performance last season was horrible. I would think his trade value is not very good right now. But I also think a good QB coach can turn things around for him, similar to McVay with Goff.
Exactly, ARZ isn't going to get squat for Rosen anyway so you might as well let KK see what he can do with him. To me Murray has the most bust potential for any player projected to go in Top 10, Lincoln Riley can make anyone look good in his system as he couldn't win the starting job at Texas A&M. I was watching some game film on him and if his first read is taken away he tucks and runs. OU had a dominant OL so he stayed clean most of the time and had weapons everywhere so it was easy for him to rack up yards. If ARZ solidifies the OL properly and lands a couple of more reliable receivers I think Rosen can have a Goff like jump in development under KK and Clements. I wouldn't give up on Rosen yet. Either take Bosa #1 or trade down and take Greedy Williams.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Potentially more? There’s zero chance of Rosen bringing that kind of return. Probably a second and a conditional pick in 2020.

I agree it’s not likely, but seeing a WR who at the time looked a bit overrated (Amari Cooper) go for a #1 pick...What night a team pay for a qb that they fall in love with?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If Jacksonville doesn’t get Foles I’d assume they are open to any and everything.

But I agree because of the year the Cardinals has as a whole (not just Rosen) it could be a stretch. But in regards to your comparison to Goff, I actually Rosen still has a higher ceiling and I think other teams could hold that view as well.

If Im a betting man I say they pick Bosa, but I would be thrilled if they drafted Murray.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Exactly, ARZ isn't going to get squat for Rosen anyway so you might as well let KK see what he can do with him. To me Murray has the most bust potential for any player projected to go in Top 10, Lincoln Riley can make anyone look good in his system as he couldn't win the starting job at Texas A&M. I was watching some game film on him and if his first read is taken away he tucks and runs. OU had a dominant OL so he stayed clean most of the time and had weapons everywhere so it was easy for him to rack up yards. If ARZ solidifies the OL properly and lands a couple of more reliable receivers I think Rosen can have a Goff like jump in development under KK and Clements. I wouldn't give up on Rosen yet. Either take Bosa #1 or trade down and take Greedy Williams.
He's way better then anything Miami can draft where they sit. If they want to move him they'll be able to.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Keim admitted that he missed on picking Wilson - Could he be making up for his "mistake" in drafting Kyler Murray?

I would say it's pretty safe to say a lot of teams wish they would have drafted Tom Brady too. Hindsight is like arseholes everybody has one.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
If Jacksonville doesn’t get Foles I’d assume they are open to any and everything.

But I agree because of the year the Cardinals has as a whole (not just Rosen) it could be a stretch. But in regards to your comparison to Goff, I actually Rosen still has a higher ceiling and I think other teams could hold that view as well.

If Im a betting man I say they pick Bosa, but I would be thrilled if they drafted Murray.

I think Rosen has a better arm than Goff. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that he'll turn out better. We'll see if Josh can make a big step forward in 2019.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who would you rather have on your team, JJ Watt or Deshaun Watson? That answer is easy, and that is why you draft Murray over Bosa. easy decision.
wait, what? lol.

would you rather have jake locker or JJ watt? That answer is easy, and that is why you draft Bosa over Murray

Reaction score
At this point we need to hype the little man up as much as we can. I want a Kings ransom for the number 1 pick
:rolleyes: I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt, and assume that you meant the Cardinals organization, and not this message board.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose