Keim - Regrets not Drafting Wilson - Redemption?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Keim admitted that he missed on picking Wilson - Could he be making up for his "mistake" in drafting Kyler Murray?

No. Wilson was a starter for multiple years in college, has a better build and as short as he is he is STILL taller than Murray.

What we really need is another dozen Murray threads. The draft can’t come soon enough.

OP
OP
M

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
No. Wilson was a starter for multiple years in college, has a better build and as short as he is he is STILL taller than Murray.

What we really need is another dozen Murray threads. The draft can’t come soon enough.

Sorry about another thread; however, I was just thinking about why he made the comment today about Rosen. Keim must know he has a poor track record drafting / signing offensive linemen. He maybe thinking an elusive QB could help in his drafting weakness. In addition, this could provide additional picks, Keim has a proven record regarding lower picks being successful. Plus, sure another Murray thread - but that's better than reading about politics!

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

I sure hope Murray blows up in this draft the way he has on this board. Good god people are obsessing over this guy.

P.S. the cards still wont draft him

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

At this point we need to hype the little man up as much as we can. I want a Kings ransom for the number 1 pick

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry about another thread; however, I was just thinking about why he made the comment today about Rosen. Keim must know he has a poor track record drafting / signing offensive linemen. He maybe thinking an elusive QB could help in his drafting weakness. In addition, this could provide additional picks, Keim has a proven record regarding lower picks being successful. Plus, sure another Murray thread - but that's better than reading about politics!

His comment can be construed as creating subterfuge. Make some team that wants a QB trade up with a buttload of picks.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

its easy for Keim to say

but the Russell Wilson draft year (2012):

The Cards had acquired Kevin Kolb in the 2011 season, and had sent their 2012 2nd round pick to Philly for him
In the 3rd round, Seattle picked ahead of Arizona by 6 slots and took Wilson
so -- the only time Keim truly passed on Wilson was with the 13th pick of the first round

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Stevie-boy really wants the next Russell Wilson, then he needs to wait for Tua declare for the draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Rod Graves the GM when Wilson was drafted?
Yes, but Keim was still a key figure in the front office and didn't stand up for how much he liked him as he really should have. Thought highly of him, but docked him for height.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray is no joke

3 time TEXAS State Championship Victor as QB
Heisman
Dad is a QB guru in Texas and taught his son well

He moves well outside the pocket
He can run VERY well
He's great as a pocket passer
He can read defenses

He reminded me of McCaffery in college. McC was always a step ahead of every team he played. If you watched Murray play he was as well.
I like Rosen, but the potential of Murray (for me) is way too much to pass up. If I could make a dang good deal for Rosen I'd take Murray and smile. The biggest prob is the cap hit for trading Rosen.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray is no joke

3 time TEXAS State Championship Victor as QB
Heisman
Dad is a QB guru in Texas and taught his son well

He moves well outside the pocket
He can run VERY well
He's great as a pocket passer
He can read defenses

He reminded me of McCaffery in college. McC was always a step ahead of every team he played. If you watched Murray play he was as well.
I like Rosen, but the potential of Murray (for me) is way too much to pass up. If I could make a dang good deal for Rosen I'd take Murray and smile. The biggest prob is the cap hit for trading Rosen.

With each passing day I become more excited about the idea of Kyler Murray being a Cardinal. Imagine if NY or Jacksonville we’re willing to part with the #6 or #7 pick for Rosen and potentially more...Two top 10 picks for the Cardinals including a qb that I believe will be a star in the nfl.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
With each passing day I become more excited about the idea of Kyler Murray being a Cardinal. Imagine if NY or Jacksonville we’re willing to part with the #6 or #7 pick for Rosen and potentially more...Two top 10 picks for the Cardinals including a qb that I believe will be a star in the nfl.

Potentially more? There’s zero chance of Rosen bringing that kind of return. Probably a second and a conditional pick in 2020.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

If that is his thinking he could have stayed put last year and drafted Lamar Jackson. Kept the pick we traded away and had his running QB.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who would you rather have on your team, JJ Watt or Deshaun Watson? That answer is easy, and that is why you draft Murray over Bosa. easy decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose