The Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed through the last episode, the daughter seems to think that her mom only kills when needed and wants to mind her business but if that were true, why did they come after the group and subsequently kill jesus? I don't remember what led them into the graveyard in the first place but ultimately, the group wouldn't be a threat if they would have stayed away from the group.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One thing I noticed through the last episode, the daughter seems to think that her mom only kills when needed and wants to mind her business but if that were true, why did they come after the group and subsequently kill jesus? I don't remember what led them into the graveyard in the first place but ultimately, the group wouldn't be a threat if they would have stayed away from the group.
I know in the comic, it made more sense. If I remember right, Karl found the girl and she told them the horricfic way the mother was making them live. Karl brought her to Alexandria, which brought the Whisperers there to get the girl back. This doesn't make sense as you say.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about yet another pregnant character!

The whisperers seem to be an interesting adversary, but I find it difficult to believe a woman is leading a ruthless group of roaming post apocalyptic people wearing walker skins. Maybe, I'm just sexist.

Also. How are there still overweight people a decade or so after compete societal breakdown and food scarcity?
The same reason why when they go into fallen neighborhoods that have perfectly manicured lawns. As for Alpha, it's in the comics that Alpha is a woman and she isn't the only female leader on the show. Janis had her crew. Mary led the Hunters. My guess is that Alpha is quite convincing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This last episode was 90% lame. Most of it seemed like cutting floor material

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snoozefest. Buildup, buildup, buildup, thud. :bigyawn:

Like, I get the projector part. Not sure it needed a half an episode to show though.

The stuff with the whisperers was fine.

Just SO much fill in. The whisperers don't come off as much of an antagonist, I assume it will all be built around the group trying to rescue the daughter and the conflicts that come of it.

The baby thing was pretty intense.

How about how the baby thing was happening, then the whole group is there helping her and its treated like that never even happened by the end.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still watching but there are several cringe-worthy things going on.

Tara is a leader??? Come on she can't follow herself out of a wet paper bag and she is so weak.

All of the strong characters except for Daryl are women?

The baby scene in the recent episode was terrible. Daryl and his crew somehow snuck out of the fortress and ran past the whispers into the cornfield to help deaf girl while the whisperers were in clear observation of everyone.

Henry is a wuss.

Of course the bulb (or whatever the Samoan guy had) was dropped into a crowd of zombies in a million to one chance.

I'm still amazed that zombies can sneak up on people. All the time.

The slingshot and spear throwers are perhaps the deadliest marksmen ever. Especially at a distance of 100 ft and running through a dark forest. But people with rifles can't hit the broadside of a barn within 20 ft.

Judith is too smarmy and ****-sure if herself. And of course she's the one doing patrolling by herself.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tara is a leader??? Come on she can't follow herself out of a wet paper bag and she is so weak.

The baby scene in the recent episode was terrible. Daryl and his crew somehow snuck out of the fortress and ran past the whispers into the cornfield to help deaf girl while the whisperers were in clear observation of everyone.

Henry is a wuss.

Of course the bulb (or whatever the Samoan guy had) was dropped into a crowd of zombies in a million to one chance.

The slingshot and spear throwers are perhaps the deadliest marksmen ever. Especially at a distance of 100 ft and running through a dark forest. But people with rifles can't hit the broadside of a barn within 20 ft.

Judith is too smarmy and ****-sure if herself. And of course she's the one doing patrolling by herself.

Without Daryl it would be unwatchable right now. The baby scene was awesome until that exact part, I don't understand how they all showed up and helped, no one seemed to care and the whisperers were still just standing at the gate. Also, her running around deaf just illustrated even more that she should have been dead years ago. No way she survives this long.

They are pushing to make the white girl of the new group be someone. At least she doesn't act like a stuck up teenager anymore.

But youre right...never noticed it...Daryl is all we have...and negan

Tara is garbage. Michonne became garbage. Carol is weaker than ever. The whole kingdom is nothing as exciting as it once was. ugh.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Henry is a wuss.

The whole Movie Theater scene was ridiculous. So much stupid in that scene.

First off you have a bunch of walkers somehow stuck in the entrance to a theater. Instead of easily walking over and poking them in the head you wait for them to break through and all come out at once?

Then of course the stupidest scene where butterfingers some how drops the projector bulb through a tiny window into a theater full of walkers.

I mean you have to wonder if the Writers are laughing that they get paid to write this crap.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First off you have a bunch of walkers somehow stuck in the entrance to a theater. Instead of easily walking over and poking them in the head you wait for them to break through and all come out at once?

Then of course the stupidest scene where butterfingers some how drops the projector bulb through a tiny window into a theater full of walkers.

I mean you have to wonder if the Writers are laughing that they get paid to write this crap.
whenever these scenes happen, along with choke points of stairs with zombies coming onto them and etc, I always wonder why they don't just start killing zombies in the front. Like that scene you speak of, I feel like if you stabbed the reachable zombie heads, they would be dead and now more objects not moving and impeding the rest of the zombies from coming forward. You could essentials fortify barriers with dead zombies yet it is never done.

Same with stairs, kill a few and if the next ones are walking on them, kill them and at some point you have a pile and zombies cant climb so you are totally safe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

also... didn't they specifically say the bulbs break easily? how did it not break when dropped below into the theater?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only saw the opening scene so far. They are doing a terrible job with the whisperers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't handle this baby drama and Alexandria crap. Negan is the only interesting person in that camp now

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't handle this baby drama and Alexandria crap. Negan is the only interesting person in that camp now

yeah... the baby quadrangle story is BEYOND painful. No one gives a flying frick about the story or anyone involved in it.

they killed off too many characters at once and splitting up the only people we do still care about (Michonne, Darryl and Carol) has been a disaster for this season.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... the baby quadrangle story is BEYOND painful. No one gives a flying frick about the story or anyone involved in it.

they killed off too many characters at once and splitting up the only people we do still care about (Michonne, Darryl and Carol) has been a disaster for this season.
Everything Daryl is working, the rest seems forced and poorly. Lots and lots of worthless dialogue.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
on a brighter side..... I was tickled to find out Ryan Hurst is the guy playing Beta....loved Ryan in Sons of Anarchy...dude is a skilled actor and should bring some chops to the whisperers.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henry is saved.....miraculously by a ninja-quiet horde as soon as he was going to be killed. Ugh.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on a brighter side..... I was tickled to find out Ryan Hurst is the guy playing Beta....loved Ryan in Sons of Anarchy...dude is a skilled actor and should bring some chops to the whisperers.
I thought he was by far the best whisperer., whoever he is.
Henry is saved.....miraculously by a ninja-quiet horde as soon as he was going to be killed. Ugh.
And the girl can just walk around in completely clean, normal clothes sulking around unhappily without any zombies ever noticing her somehow.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like beta but man would be sooo much better with Rick and carl with lydia

personally I think this is a good season so far will never be as good without rick and carl

also looking forward to seeing who gets there head in a pike I bet one will be Ezekiel than maybe rosita would suck on rosita she is a great actress and super hot wearing those short shorts:).

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like beta but man would be sooo much better with Rick and carl with lydia

personally I think this is a good season so far will never be as good without rick and carl

also looking forward to seeing who gets there head in a pike I bet one will be Ezekiel than maybe rosita would suck on rosita she is a great actress and super hot wearing those short shorts:).
in the comics king zeke died against negan iirc... he is a weak character,..but his death could go a long way in returning carol to the psycho badass we all knew and loved.
I agree on Rosita,...character has potential and she does rock those military daisy dukes. without maggie she is the only real eye candy left in the apocalypse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was the best episode in a really, really long time. Carol's olive branch was pretty ingenious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson