Cards get 4 comp picks

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
All we need is one "lights out" draft and we are back...

Seattle went from doormat to contender on the back of the 2010 and 2011 drafts, when you are pulling All-Pros in the 5th round (Cam Chancellor in 10 and Sherman in 11) not to mention solid starters in the 6th and the 7th in 2011 (Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith), combine that with a solid start to FA and you have a recipe for success

thightower34

Rookie
Reaction score
Deacon Jones was drafted in the 16th round.

Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round.

And my all time favorite player, Roger Staubach, was drafted in the 10th round.

We need some good drafts like Kraken’s Seahawks example above if we ever plan on turning this around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
  • 1st pick, last pick, and picks in every round means that all True Cardinal Fanswill have to watch the ENTIRE draft.
  • 3 extra 7th rounders means it's a good year to draft a kicker to compete
  • Realistically, I think many of these comp picks will be used to help us move up slightly. If we can somehow move from top of the 2nd to #32 and so we have a 5th year option on whoever we take there. Draft value chart says some combination of 6ths and 7ths would be enough to make that move. How many rookies do you really want on a 53 man roster anyway?
  • Having said that the trades I would attempt: From pick #33 to some pick in the 30-32 range in exchange for one of our 3 6th rounders (a 7th can be thrown in as well) and from #104 (top of the 4th) into somewhere in the late 3rd for another 6th and 7th. New England has a history or making those kinds of trade downs FWIW. This would give us 2 day 1 picks and 2 day 2 picks and still around 9 overall picks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I hope these 7th rounders give us an extra leg up on the undrafted free agent market. When we would have had to attack with a crowded pool of teams going after them, we can just pick off our top choices a bit early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
#yeet

Lot of salt in this thread. LOL

Did anyone stop to consider how much this helps our Fanspeak mock drafts ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA