The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's easily the most entertaining part of that show and probably in basketball at this point.

Yeah, for me he's the only entertaining part of that show. Sometimes I laugh with him, sometimes I laugh at him but I almost always enjoy listening to him. But I would never rely on him for current basketball knowledge. Nor would I ever hire him to run my basketball team, or any part of it, other than perhaps head of the entertainment committee or something like that.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So many media draft experts overlooked this kid’s vision and focused on only his shooting in the pre draft process.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So many media draft experts overlooked this kid’s vision and focused on only his shooting in the pre draft process.

I had to watch this video like 5 times. That was nasty lol.

He’s been much better than I thought

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to watch this video like 5 times. That was nasty lol.

He’s been much better than I thought

I watched the video a number of times as well. It was a great pass but I thought it might have bounced off a player getting there.

Young has been much better than I expected. I worried about his size and build before the draft.

He was the key reason the Hawks beat the Suns.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Everyone talks about Ayton vs Doncic. What if we took Trae #1? :rolleyes:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For most of the season he was my first choice. I jumped on the Ayton bandwagon late simply because I'm tired of being the only team out there that never has a center to be concerned about. And I'm still okay with that decision although I won't be surprised if Young and Doncic both have better careers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If @AzStevenCal was GM we’d have a Trae-Book-Markk big-3 right now. Shoot.

And we wouldn't have drafted Bender or Chriss as I would have kept Bogdanovic and drafted Hield and Ellenson unless we could trade up for Domantas. But unfortunately we wouldn't have Booker either, I was pushing for Portis and Adreian Payne the year before. So chances are I'd have been fired before I had a chance to draft Markkanen and Young.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For most of the season he was my first choice. I jumped on the Ayton bandwagon late simply because I'm tired of being the only team out there that never has a center to be concerned about. And I'm still okay with that decision although I won't be surprised if Young and Doncic both have better careers.

I may be mistaken, but by the time the draft rolled around I thought you had Doncic above Trae?

I know we both were hard core on the Trae wagon early, and he still would have been my clear cut 3rd choice.

I certainly wasn't as high on Markk as you, which bums me out as an Arizona fan because I thought he was a phenom... I just thought Fultz, Ball and Jackson were clearly higher potential players. Now all 3 might get traded before their 3rd season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but by the time the draft rolled around I thought you had Doncic above Trae?

I know we both were hard core on the Trae wagon early, and he still would have been my clear cut 3rd choice.

I certainly wasn't as high on Markk as you, which bums me out as an Arizona fan because I thought he was a phenom... I just thought Fultz, Ball and Jackson were clearly higher potential players. Now all 3 might get traded before their 3rd season.

I really never jumped off the Trae wagon as so many understandably did when his percentage dropped and his team started losing. It wasn't just his shooting that impressed me, I was always intrigued by his ball handling and court sense. I'm not positive on this but I don't remember ever moving Doncic above Trae although I did expect Luka to go no lower than 2nd. I know my big fantasy was drafting Ayton and trading up for Young (or Doncic if possible). I guess that was the fantasy of many of us here as the draft approached.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really never jumped off the Trae wagon as so many understandably did when his percentage dropped and his team started losing. It wasn't just his shooting that impressed me, I was always intrigued by his ball handling and court sense. I'm not positive on this but I don't remember ever moving Doncic above Trae although I did expect Luka to go no lower than 2nd. I know my big fantasy was drafting Ayton and trading up for Young (or Doncic if possible). I guess that was the fantasy of many of us here as the draft approached.

I agree that what impressed me most about Trae was his passing, he displayed a feel for the game and space that is rare, which is why he stayed as my clear cut #3... the only reason I had Doncic above him is that I felt had a similar ability to find passing opportunities that seemingly don't exist.

I had Ayton above Doncic, but one of the only questions I had about Ayton was passion and intenisty and it was the thing I least questioned about Doncic. I'm really starting to believe that is an underrated attribute. Granted, it only goes so far, Jake Voskuhl was as intense as they come, but sadly wasn't good at basketball. But Doncic had the intensity and a ton of skill, I still think Ayton is going to be an all-star, he might become a true superstar, but Doncic is going to be an all-star and a dude that inspires and excites... that is hard to quantify.

Speaking off... knee injuries and weight aside, Zion certainly fits that bill. I probably just talked myself out of passing on him even if he weighs 400 pounds and has a peg leg.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Not
Intended for
Kinetic
Exercise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably wanted Lyles or Turner in the 2015 draft... can't remember exactly. However, Fox and Ayton wouldn't be chopped liver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I thought he was a potentially realistic get with all our assets alongside Ayton. But it seems Atlanta was really hot on him so likely not “realistic.” Still I was all aboard the sell your soul for Ayton and Trae or Doncic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson