Bridges Development

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I
My son and I were debating about shai gilgeous-alexander over Bridges had the Suns gone that direction. Most people like Bridges, as I do, too. However, watching that young PG, I can't help but wonder if that wouldn't have been a better move for us?
I wanted SGA but you know if they would have got him Igor would have just stuck him behind cannon so he probably wouldn't have been doing as good , but on a need basis if Jackson doesn't turn into anything they would have needed a wing anyway so either would have filled a need

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My son and I were debating about shai gilgeous-alexander over Bridges had the Suns gone that direction. Most people like Bridges, as I do, too. However, watching that young PG, I can't help but wonder if that wouldn't have been a better move for us?
Yeah watching him last night I cake away really impressed with SGA. I was a big fan of his around the draft, but still thought he was more of a project and favored Bridges over him. Now I’m thinking that SGA would’ve been the better option for this suns team. And I say that still being high on bridges.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He will be better with Book back. He needs others to create and be an off ball threat.

I think he could eventually be a great rebounder as well with some weight and that length.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He will be better with Book back. He needs others to create and be an off ball threat.

I think he could eventually be a great rebounder as well with some weight and that length.
I don’t think he’ll ever be a great rebounder. I’d expect him to top out around 6 rebounds per game. He’ll never be big with his frame and he’s not a next level athlete.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because he’s an older rookie and already extremely limited offensively, I don’t think he has the upside that will ever make him worth trading up two 1st rd picks for.

That said, he should still manage to be a starting caliber player in the league.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he’s an older rookie and already extremely limited offensively, I don’t think he has the upside that will ever make him worth trading up two 1st rd picks for.

That said, he should still manage to be a starting caliber player in the league.
Since when is he extremely limited offensively? He can drive, he can shoot the three, he passes well for his position. He just does not dominate the ball.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since when is he extremely limited offensively? He can drive, he can shoot the three, he passes well for his position. He just does not dominate the ball.
He’s very limited driving. Only when he has an open lane. He doesn’t possess the first step or ballhandling ability to get past a defender one-on-one. To say otherwise just isn’t being intellectually honest in this conversation. He doesn’t put any pressure on a defense, yet. Hopefully his shooting eventually will do so.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saying that Bridges cost us 2 first round picks is a little misleading. Had we not made that trade then we would have selected someone at 16. It cost us an extra pick to move up and take Bridges, who we valued more than anyone left on the board at 16, and that's fine. We don't know how that future pick will pan out, and it may make us look smart or really dumb, but I'm fine with the gamble because I believe Bridges will be better than anyone we were looking at selecting at 16. Once I started viewing that trade like that I started viewing it more positively. You can say that's putting some spin on it and it may be but I'm fine with that. I'm not giving McD or Sarver credit for it, I just like the chances of Bridges being better than anyone selected 16 or later in that draft. If that Miami pick ends up in the same range as the pick we traded on draft night, somewhere after the lottery which would be 15 or higher, I'm totally fine with it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone notice that Bridges was rewarded by...being benched?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s shooting like sub 33%. That’s not very good for a 24 year old.

He’s average 3pt shooter. And no, he cannot drive. He couldn’t drive in college basketball either, his baskets at the rim were all off cuts and a huge % was assisted.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He’s average 3pt shooter. And no, he cannot drive. He couldn’t drive in college basketball either, his baskets at the rim were all off cuts and a huge % was assisted.

He’s 22.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's an above average 3 point shooter at .352. And no, his baskets at the rim were not ALL off cuts although granted, most of them come from either put-backs or moving without the ball.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with poster, stats are not great. I think the flip side of the argument is that its a pretty easy to see path for him. He WILL put on weight and his shooting WILL get better. Once thise two things happen he will likely be an elite 3D player. The path for him to get there is clear as hes got the mental part of the game figured out already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The disappointment is a number of fans expected Bridges to be more NBA ready this season. He does project to be a solid player.

The downer for me is the Suns were not able to draft Shai.

If that was not possible the Suns should have traded #16 for another first round pick, then bundle that pick, the Bucks pick and possibly the Miami pick for a starting point guard when the right trade presented itself.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The disappointment is a number of fans expected Bridges to be more NBA ready this season. He does project to be a solid player.

The downer for me is the Suns were not able to draft Shai.

If that was not possible the Suns should have traded #16 for another first round pick, then bundle that pick, the Bucks pick and possibly the Miami pick for a starting point guard when the right trade presented itself.
Bridges is fine. When he's being coached by this staff and in an organization run by this front office? I find it funny you expect him to be better.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

As usual you are full of ...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am very happy with Bridges. He is as good defensively as Booker is offensively, in my opinion. He's shown us some abilities on offense as well. Bridges is literally the least of my concerns with this team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'm actually surprised Bridges can contribute right away, not a guy to worry about. He has a quick release already, his shot should get better. He does need to improve on his drive,attacking and scoring but that can be developed. Its not like vision or defensive instincts where you probably can't develop them at this point in your career.

He started on the bench but proved to be better than Ariza and Anderson as a rookie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave