Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol....the draft is still months away.....ugggggggg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Supposedly, the Cardinals thought his interview was the best they had ever seen. Had a remarkable understanding of football concepts.

I find this news very irritating, if the FO was that impressed with his mind and we all know how great his arm is then why in the HELL didn't they trade up for him.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herd is at it again claiming there are some in the cardinal camp that is not sold on Rosen.ugh!

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the last God damned time...it takes 2, to tango. The team that leapfrogged the Cardinals had more to offer, plain and simple.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chiefs gave the Bills two firsts and a third. Keim probably thought Deshaun Watson would fall to #13, and if not get someone in 2018 draft. Reports were he was most impressed with Josh Allen. No wonder Bills and Cardinals suck.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Herd is at it again claiming there are some in the cardinal camp that is not sold on Rosen.ugh!

The media is milking this story until there’s nothing left.

I’m also going to predict that it gets worse after the combine, and when a scout shows up to OU’s proday, people won’t stop talking about it

TJ

Reaction score
Chiefs gave the Bills two firsts and a third. Keim probably thought Deshaun Watson would fall to #13, and if not get someone in 2018 draft. Reports were he was most impressed with Josh Allen. No wonder Bills and Cardinals suck.

“Probably...”

“Reports were...”

I don’t buy much of anything w/r/t draft rumors and speculation because 95% of it is fabrication and misdirection.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Supposedly, the Cardinals thought his interview was the best they had ever seen. Had a remarkable understanding of football concepts.
This pisses me off even more with we knowing that’s the guy we wanted and he slipped from under our belts.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the last God damned time...it takes 2, to tango. The team that leapfrogged the Cardinals had more to offer, plain and simple.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
He could’ve offered more but didn’t do it. You gotta give up the farm for a franchise qb like Mahomes

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This pisses me off even more with we knowing that’s the guy we wanted and he slipped from under our belts.

If you do a search on this forum, you will see that I was advocating taking Mahomes.

I have never been more sure about a player. The haters weren't actually WATCHING the throws he was making. I watched him slice and dice ASU, throwing accurate deep throws.

People we're stuck on the system he played in and not on his unique talents.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yet Keim wouldn't move up to get him. Probably bought into the hype of the 2018 QB class.
This has already been said. But the price was way too damn steep. You don't give two first ground picks and two seconds to move up two spots. We can play 50/50 hindsight all you want, but we would have been laughed at for months. We'd probably still be getting laughed at.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Thinking under Wilks Johnny Unitas woulda flopped......
Enough of this Trade Rosen draft Murray ********!!

TJ

Reaction score
Mahomes would have failed here under Wilks.

This. Let's not forget that every single offensive weapon on the team had at or near their worst statistical seasons in their respective careers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and the Colts should have traded that bust Manning after his terrible rookie year.

You comparing Rosen with Manning is laughable. Manning coming out of college was one of the most pro ready NFL QB's to come out in the past 25 years. Everyone knew he was going to be successful. Rosen isn't anywhere near that level.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
You comparing Rosen with Manning is laughable. Manning coming out of college was one of the most pro ready NFL QB's to come out in the past 25 years. Everyone knew he was going to be successful. Rosen isn't anywhere near that level.

And Manning still threw for 26 touchdowns and 3,700 yards in his “bust” rookie season.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take on Murray. ARZ should not do it for 2 reasons:
1. Rosen is more of the prototype in terms of size than Murray and I think could transition into a Kingsbury offense QB.
2. If Kingsbury's offense doesn't work, and they have to go to a more pro style offense, Rosen could do that, not sure Murray could.

I see why ARZ is not shutting down the rumors, they are trying to drum up interest in Murray from other QB starved teams like JAX who one NFL analyst mentioned would actually be a good fit for Murray with Fournette and their defense should it rebound from a bad 2018 season.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't figured out if Mahomes is a 'one read then run' QB or not. Based on what I've heard a few pundits say, I get that impression, but I'm not sure. If that is the case though, I think a QB can get away with that if he has elite talent around him. Then when the talent starts to thin out, he gets exposed when he can't go through more than one read. I think that explains alot of what happened to Kapernick? That's the only thing I could see possibly derailing Mahomes.

Mahomes is not a running QB like Kaepernick, RG3, or Lamar Jackson. He is more like Rodgers or Favre. Uses athleticism to extend the play so he can throw downfield. Rarely runs the ball himself.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has already been said. But the price was way too damn steep. You don't give two first ground picks and two seconds to move up two spots. We can play 50/50 hindsight all you want, but we would have been laughed at for months. We'd probably still be getting laughed at.

The Chiefs gave up that much because they were WAY back in the 1st rd, the Cards would NOT have had to give up that much to move up a couple of spots.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I do not think we will know about Mahomes till next year because basically this was his rookie season as a starter. It will comes down to how he will be able to adjust after the NFL now has tape on him. I thought he would struggle with accuracy but has not, and you cannot deny his arm strength. You cannot predict how he will mentally react till it happens but I say it would lean towards the positive after such an amazing initial outing as the full time starter

Tape is a two-way street. Belichick and Ravens both threw kitchen sink type of stuff at Mahomes this year and to an extent they had success on him with it because he had never seen it before. But he reacted pretty well to it as those games went on.

Just like any young QB, he is learning with every snap he takes. You better believe he will be learning plenty when he looks at the tape of some of those coverages DC's threw at him this season.

The sky is the limit for him. Very high character kid with strong work ethic and incredible physical talent.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray up to 206 pounds in advance of Combine

When Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray gets to the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week, he’ll have some work to do to convince teams he’s made a serious commitment to playing football instead of baseball.

But at least when he gets on the scale, there will be one bit of evidence backing him up.

Via Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America, Murray’s current weight is 206 pounds.

When he played football last fall, he was in the 190-pound range, which is fine if you’re an outfielder but less so if you’re being tackled by 300-pound men.

And as teams consider whether the 5-10-ish quarterback (and the ish will give them pause) is sturdy enough for the NFL, showing up looking more like Russell Wilson will help. Wilson’s listed at 5-11 and 215 pounds, and when all the teams have a chance to measure Murray together, we’ll have an official comparison.

Of course, all the other numbers he has compiled should weigh more heavily in the minds of football evaluators, but at least if he’s bigger than anticipated, it might alleviate some concerns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave