Cavaliers 111 - Suns 98

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns next game is against the Hawks on Saturday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns look like a team going through the motions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is, Suns set franchise record of 16 straight losses.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tonight at this moment... This feels like rock bottom for the franchise... Got out hustled, out coached, out efforts by a team that you should have beat but instead got EMBARRASSED by...

I am usually the enteral optimist, but tonight felt like the final straw of hope for this core broke...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, James Jones traveled to Cleveland for a reason.

If the Suns lose to the Hawks and Heat on this trip, I wouldn't be surprised to see a change at head coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We got rebounded by 13 against that team. Zizic outrebounded Ayton by 3 in 9 fewer minutes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To who?!?

There are no longer any answers for this team. Only questions.

At this point, Prunty would be better to ride out the season than Igor.

Then give Rick Pitino whatever he wants to come in and restore some measure of respectability.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To who?!?

There are no longer any answers for this team. Only questions.

I can see Jones taking over at head coach for the rest of the season if the Suns don't show any signs of life.

The Suns lack team chemistry and/or they have lost faith in the offense.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can see Jones taking over at head coach for the rest of the season if the Suns don't show any signs of life.

That would be an even bigger disaster than Igor, and that's saying a lot.

James Jones wasn't all that smart as a player. What makes anyone think he has the intellectual capacity to be a coach or GM?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Another inexperienced already-on-the-payroll 'solution'? From the fire up to the frying pan isn't good enough.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Replacing the coach won't help their chemistry. It would be foolish to make that move now. What would be the point? To try and go on a run that gets out of the bottom 3 in ping pong balls? I don't see the point in firing a coach because of chemistry issues in the first place but firing a coach now that the season is all but over, and we don't have a decent replacement, it would be a mistake.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing the coach won't help their chemistry. It would be foolish to make that move now. What would be the point? To try and go on a run that gets out of the bottom 3 in ping pong balls? I don't see the point in firing a coach because of chemistry issues in the first place but firing a coach now that the season is all but over, and we don't have a decent replacement, it would be a mistake.

I'm not saying it would be a wise decision but it's something I can see happening if the Suns do not start showing signs of life.

The Suns have the talent to win more than their record.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not saying it would be a wise decision but it's something I can see happening if the Suns do not start showing signs of life.

The Suns have the talent to win more than their record.

Do they though? That's been said multiple times throughout the year but it seems they keep losing regardless. There are a couple of players that have NBA talent but most of those guys are young and inconsistent. Igor said after the game that it's no longer an opinion that the Suns are one of the worst teams in the league, that it's now a fact. I have to agree with him. How much blame falls on his shoulders is debatable but the Suns suck, there's no getting around that.

Here's Duane Rankin with that quote also...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to see the coach who is successful with a team of small forwards who can't rebound. Seriously, bring him/her in. The name of the game is shooting. Shooting 20% on layups (seriously) is not going to win any games. Josh Jackson continues to give up more than he gives.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Potential talent.

We have no point guard, no power forward, our best player has been injured much of the season, our second best player has been out a lot and has missed the last dozen games or so and the talent we do have is still quite raw. That said, I expected a little better than we've seen so far. I have no idea what the problem is but it just seems like we should have at least 3 or 4 more wins than we do. That's not much but right now, I'm more than a little concerned about the direction of this group.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson