Suns @ Cavaliers 2-21-19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Melton has been assigned to the G-League.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his complete inability to play defense, rebound, pass or stay healthy make him such a nothing asset, IMO.

They should have sold high on the kid in the first couple months of the season. He was always going to be the odd man out with our logjam at SF. Now, he's back to being somewhat damaged goods.

All the Suns can do at this point is ride it out.

Warren's contract can still be used to make a trade work this summer although his value may not be what it once was as you point out. It wouldn't shock me if the Suns rest him the remainder of the season if this is what it takes to get him healthy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow seems longer than that

It probably seems longer since in addition to the ten and a half games he's missed since the 22nd of January, he was also out for another 5 games at the start of December. And, as I recall, he had some really bad games in between those absences that may (or may not) have been from this foot problem. I ripped him pretty regularly during that stretch when his play was really hurting us but of his 15 recent missed games, we've won exactly none of them. He may not be perfect but we appear to be desperately missing the good version of TJ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are more details about Melton and Spalding.

It looks like Melton is getting a G-League game under his belt before joining the Suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are more details about Melton and Spalding.

It looks like Melton is getting a G-League game under his belt before joining the Suns.

Let's hope they can rattle off another win streak. 3 straight wins would be a good way to finish the month and then go all in on the tank letting Booker, Warren, and whoever else may need it time to heal.

I know we don't really need to tank to lose but it would be just like an Arizona sports team to be in position to get a high draft pick at the 3/4 mark of the season and then let a few meaningless wins take them out of the race for the #1 pick.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Let's hope they can rattle off another win streak. 3 straight wins would be a good way to finish the month and then go all in on the tank letting Booker, Warren, and whoever else may need it time to heal.

I know we don't really need to tank to lose but it would be just like an Arizona sports team to be in position to get a high draft pick at the 3/4 mark of the season and then let a few meaningless wins take them out of the race for the #1 pick.
There is no way we are catching Atlanta. We are virtually guaranteed to have one of the worst four records in the league. Since the bottom three have the same odds and the fourth is only 1.5% less I think that sitting out players will cause more harm than good. Let everybody play. Hopefully we can rattle off some wins down the stretch so that the players can get the stench of loosing off of them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way we are catching Atlanta. We are virtually guaranteed to have one of the worst four records in the league. Since the bottom three have the same odds and the fourth is only 1.5% less I think that sitting out players will cause more harm than good. Let everybody play. Hopefully we can rattle off some wins down the stretch so that the players can get the stench of loosing off of them.

I didn't realize Atlanta had that much of a lead on us. I was just looking at records and projections on FiveThirtyEight and if we hit their projected win total we wouldn't equal Atlanta's current win total, which is sad. They have us finishing 18-64. They have the Cavs at 18-64 as well, with New York at 17-65. The Hawks are 19-39 currently. I haven't looked at the standings in a while because of how bad this season has been and we haven't had a tank crew here to update everyone on our current pingpong ball status either. I don't want to look at the record again until the year is over.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nba-predictions/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At this point in the season I'm more interested in watching the players in action rather than looking at wins and losses.

The only players the Suns should rest are ones that are legitimately injured. I am concerned about Warren. The Suns should not push him back into action if he is not ready.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a must win tonight!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It doesn't sound right if Warren is still having pain in his right ankle. I'm surprised if Kokoskov expects him to handle it. As a layman I would worry about something more going on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is with the team in Cleveland per Gina Mizell.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns recall Melton. I'm looking forward to him playing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a must win tonight!

Sidery is an idiot! There is no such thing as a must win for the Suns this year. The closest thing would be “must not lose big.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sidery is an idiot! There is no such thing as a must win for the Suns this year. The closest thing would be “must not lose big.”

That's why I used the exclamation point. LOL

Still, if the Suns do not win at least one or two of their next three games it is not a good sign. Tyler Johnson should be integrated into the system at point guard and they get Melton back. Also Booker needs to take it up a notch from his last outing.

The Suns have more talent than the Cavaliers. It's not good for the team or coach to keep losing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see Chriss and Knight play this evening.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre is starting over Bridges.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet